PDA

View Full Version : Weapons mods ingame

Jeffrey Miller
01-07-2016, 05:24 AM
Weapons upgrades.

For example,can you get a scope for your rifle if you are a designated marksman?

Could you get a better made part like a better barrel or stock or another part to increase reliability or accuracy?

Could you or will you be able to notch your stock or pistol butt with a kill mark?

Just some ideas.

Thanks!

thomas aagaard
01-07-2016, 07:27 AM
There where no "designated marksmen" back then.
(when we are talking the ordinary infantry regiments... later in the war the south did start making more sharpshooter battalions and the union had their two USSS)

The weapons was mass produced and the property of the government. A soldier did not have access to "better parts" and was not allowed to mod their weapons.

Making notches would be damaging government property and as such a criminal act.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
01-08-2016, 07:35 PM
and it would be very unrealistic

SemajRednaxela
01-08-2016, 08:25 PM
You can pay $581 and get a Scoped J.F.Brown Target Rifle.....

Maximus Decimus Meridius
01-09-2016, 12:46 PM
You can pay $581 and get a Scoped J.F.Brown Target Rifle.....

So you have a modded weapon :p ^^

Pvt.Scott
01-09-2016, 04:14 PM
If you want that you should play or buy insurgency. If you want weapon customization.

Patrick Kurtz
01-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Well, that simply just wasn't what happened in those times, and still doesn't. The weapons they used were government property and to modify them in any way would be tempering with that.

A. P. Hill
01-09-2016, 05:26 PM
... Could you or will you be able to notch your stock or pistol butt with a kill mark? ...

Since individual mortality shots are not being kept for personal use it would be rather difficult to do this. Unless of course you're eyeball to eyeball with each other and you see the guy quit breathing ... But really, individual kill counts are not going to be accessible to the player.

Plus ... all the other stuff that's been said against it. And remember, these are 1860 something black powder muskets there isn't but so much you can really do to them other than clean them every now and again. ;)

Jeffrey Miller
01-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Since individual mortality shots are not being kept for personal use it would be rather difficult to do this. Unless of course you're eyeball to eyeball with each other and you see the guy quit breathing ... But really, individual kill counts are not going to be accessible to the player.

Plus ... all the other stuff that's been said against it. And remember, these are 1860 something black powder muskets there isn't but so much you can really do to them other than clean them every now and again. ;)Thanks for the info. I wasn't trying to rain on the parade.

Willie Fisterbottom
01-09-2016, 05:31 PM

Plus ... all the other stuff that's been said against it. And remember, these are 1860 something black powder muskets there isn't but so much you can really do to them other than clean them every now and again. ;)

Aww did they say no scoreboard, thats dissapointing :(

Jeffrey Miller
01-09-2016, 05:33 PM
So the Yankees are saying that all arms were supplied by the State government or cities? No Southern man brought his own weapon to battle? Wow I have been schooled. I guess I have much more reading to do.

Patrick Kurtz
01-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Well sure, you have people who brought their own weapons, but most who did would not have access nor money to things such as a scope, or the regiment would not permit it.

Jeffrey Miller
01-09-2016, 06:04 PM
I was referring to, my mistake, forgot to mention, Snipers from the beginning. I would assume that they would have more say in their own assigned weapon. I appreciate all who were kind in their responses.

thomas aagaard
01-10-2016, 05:25 AM
So the Yankees are saying that all arms were supplied by the State government or cities? No Southern man brought his own weapon to battle? Wow I have been schooled. I guess I have much more reading to do.

That was a situation that was mostly limited to the early war... and only done when there where no other option...
Civilian weapons might be flintlocks, could not take a bayonet, was a different caliber, so the soldier would run out of rounds and not be able to get more..
They where often shorter, causing problems if the soldier is in the rear ranks...

The south was rather good at providing weapons to the men - The militia system was way better developed in the south, because of the fear of a slave rebellion. So more men had stateowned guns and was members.
Floyd ,who was secretary of war misused his position to move guns south during 1860 making sure that the federal armories in the south was well stocked.
The south took over the federal armoury at Harpers ferry and moved the machinery to richmond.
And they got to the huge british weapon market before the union and brought all the machinemade enfields they could get their hands on.

When Vicksburg fell, many union regiments exhanged their smoothbores for british enfields.

Szotu
01-10-2016, 03:07 PM
I think there is place for minimal customization. Like type of wood, color of steel, damage on weapon, kinda marks like name wrote by knive etc.