PDA

View Full Version : Non-fatal friendly fire.

Henronicus
07-29-2016, 03:10 AM
It frustrates some people(myself included) that our mock battles we do are somewhat lame since we can't pull the trigger when aiming at our comrades. If it's not too much trouble, I(and probably many others) would appreciate it if the next build allowed for direct aiming at teammates, to make it easier to give them the bloody screen effect.

Like I said though, IF it's not too much trouble. If it IS, then I completely understand that the devs have better things to do at the moment.

FanaticDK
07-29-2016, 03:13 AM
It frustrates some people(myself included) that our mock battles we do are somewhat lame since we can't pull the trigger when aiming at our comrades. If it's not too much trouble, I(and probably many others) would appreciate it if the next build allowed for direct aiming at teammates, to make it easier to give them the bloody screen effect.

Like I said though, IF it's not too much trouble. If it IS, then I completely understand that the devs have better things to do at the moment.I don't think it's too much trouble, I think they deliberately took it out to avoid people trolling each other.

You can see it actually sort of can happen now, aim at the very top of the head/hat and you can actually "hurt" them.

Henronicus
07-29-2016, 03:18 AM
True, and at longer ranges the bullet drop means you can "kill" someone without actually aiming right at them, but there's been plenty of close range engagements in the "battles" I've been in so far, where I was unable to hit anyone due to the lack of a friendly fire system. It honestly wouldn't be too bad even if there were trolls at the moment, and there really aren't(who pays 69+ dollars just to troll?)

Also, if it isn't too much trouble, I think the bayonets and swords should also produce the same blood effect.

Wildcat
07-29-2016, 03:51 AM
I agree 100%

Legion
07-29-2016, 05:43 AM
I completely agree with this, I made a post about this the other day.

Optimist
07-29-2016, 07:49 AM
If the DEVS are allready considering this good... however i think we should do a poll... even though i think majority of players would indeed support some kind of hit system.

Legion
07-29-2016, 07:52 AM
If the DEVS are allready considering this good... however i think we should do a poll... even though i think majority of players would indeed support some kind of hit system.

Good idea.

Oleander
07-29-2016, 01:19 PM
I think trolling would be in a curve, at first everyone would kill everyone else, because trolls. But, I think the shine will wear off that very quickly. Like was mentioned above, people have paid quite a lot of money to be included in the alpha I think we are a bit above the maturity level of the average troll at least from the cooperation I have seen on the servers so far. I mean we had the house glitch where you were able to shoot through windows and kill, that never became a huge issue and a lot of us really enjoyed it.

FanaticDK
07-29-2016, 03:15 PM
I think we are a bit above the maturity level of the average troll.You have more faith in humanity than I do, that's for sure.

However I would obviously be in favor of this anyway, at the very least make a specialized server where it's enabled and keep it off for the rest.

Wildcat
07-29-2016, 04:30 PM
I think trolling would be in a curve, at first everyone would kill everyone else, because trolls. But, I think the shine will wear off that very quickly. Like was mentioned above, people have paid quite a lot of money to be included in the alpha I think we are a bit above the maturity level of the average troll at least from the cooperation I have seen on the servers so far. I mean we had the house glitch where you were able to shoot through windows and kill, that never became a huge issue and a lot of us really enjoyed it.

well we wont be able to kill each other it will just mean we can shoot each other directly and blood will come on the screen rather than having to aim above and to the side of each others heads during mock battles.

FanaticDK
07-29-2016, 04:34 PM
well we wont be able to kill each other it will just mean we can shoot each other directly and blood will come on the screen rather than having to aim above and to the side of each others heads during mock battles.Trolling can still be an issue though, some jackass can be shooting people while they're trying to do drills and other things.

I think the best solution is to simply create a friendly fire server so people can do either, though I wouldn't personally be too bothered if they simply allowed you to shoot at friendlies with friendly fire off as you suggest.

Oleander
07-29-2016, 04:43 PM
I doubt I have more faith in humanity, I have more faith in people that play this game. Friendly fire is on in M&B and I don't recall it ever being an issue.

Legion
07-29-2016, 11:40 PM
People will troll, there's no way around that. I do think that it would be liked by most of the backers, mock battles seem to be popular at the moment but the major annoyance is not being able to aim directly at your target.

dj0311
07-29-2016, 11:54 PM
Of course there is the risk of trolling, it's unlikely IMHO considering the way the community and the cost to be in this stage of the game. However if there does end up being trolling it could simply be resolved by complaining to the devs/mods of specific individuals immature actions and placing a hold on their account, reducing their privileges for a time or ultimately revoking them until release. It would add a bit more responsibility to the devs but in turn it could be a great thing for the existing communit and possibly result in an increase in pledge raises to gain access.

Legion
07-30-2016, 12:02 AM
Of course there is the risk of trolling, it's unlikely IMHO considering the way the community and the cost to be in this stage of the game. However if there does end up being trolling it could simply be resolved by complaining to the devs/mods of specific individuals immature actions and placing a hold on their account, reducing their privileges for a time or ultimately revoking them until release. It would add a bit more responsibility to the devs but in turn it could be a great thing for the existing communit and possibly result in an increase in pledge raises to gain access.

Honestly I think trolls should just be left alone, if they become a problem then the community can handle it. This way the devs don't have to worry about it. Another thing you could do is just give the job of troll execution to the mods.

Personally I don't really care about trolls, they don't bother me much. I also don't see it happening for long.