PDA

View Full Version : Guns swinging around when first aimed

David Dire
08-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Having participated in my first reenactment today, and firing multiple times, I can confirm there is absolutely no such thing as your rifle swinging around when you first aim. Even with my arms extremely tired, I could hold it as stable as a rock on the ground. My arms shook slightly, however this made no effect on the rifle itself.

Personally I think the mechanic should be replaced by a different one: your gun drooping if aiming it for too long, and there being a regeneration on this when not aiming.

Gamble
08-20-2016, 09:35 PM
Did you fire live rounds or blanks? I have absolutly no eyperience in firing a gun besides clicking on mbutton 1 :P I could imagine it's a whole different thing with live rounds when it comes to recoil, sway and exhaustion

David Dire
08-20-2016, 09:56 PM
Only powder, though this should still be valid for the first time you aim.

TrustyJam
08-20-2016, 10:00 PM
Only powder, though this should still be valid for the first time you aim.

Did you fear for your life? Did you see your friends slaughtered in front of you? :)

- Trusty

David Dire
08-20-2016, 10:01 PM
True enough, though I'd imagine it being moreso vibrating rather than having a stroke ;)

Besudes, this is in Drill Camp, where noone dies.

Maybe adding it in with a morale mechanic, however...

FakeMessiah27
08-21-2016, 10:15 AM
So you're saying it should be the other way around? Starting off fairly steady but with sway kicking in if you keep aiming for too long?

Lucky
08-21-2016, 12:24 PM
True enough, though I'd imagine it being moreso vibrating rather than having a stroke

Besudes, this is in Drill Camp, where noone dies.

Maybe adding it in with a morale mechanic, however...
I have seen similar moral Systems in Games like Red Orchestra 2 or Battlefield.
If you are being shot at or bombarded your aim becomes unstable and its much harder to aim or fire at your target aswell as your view becomes effected :eek:

I Could imagine that a similar effect would be an nice addition and it perhaps improves the game to a more life like impression of being in an actual
dangerous situation. Which might add some sort of real moral into the game.

For the Aim I like how it is at the moment, with a little bit of rifle shaking ;D But if it becomes harder the longer you are aiming, which sounds logical to me. I would be fine with that.

(sorry for my English have a Cookie :cool:)
Lucky

Wildcat
08-21-2016, 12:51 PM
the only problem I see is its going to make you more accurate, Which is good for you but also bad for you because your enemies would also be more accurate, I want to be in a shoot out with people for more than 3 shots but if to accurate then we will be forced to make shootouts quick, Which will also decrease the amount of charges, And the game is gonna get boring if it is only shooting so people are gonna want to charge.

David Dire
08-21-2016, 01:12 PM
So you're saying it should be the other way around? Starting off fairly steady but with sway kicking in if you keep aiming for too long?

Yep. And if it was tied to a RO2-alike morale system, this would also solve Wildcat's problem.

Legion
08-21-2016, 03:17 PM
the only problem I see is its going to make you more accurate, Which is good for you but also bad for you because your enemies would also be more accurate, I want to be in a shoot out with people for more than 3 shots but if to accurate then we will be forced to make shootouts quick, Which will also decrease the amount of charges, And the game is gonna get boring if it is only shooting so people are gonna want to charge.

Charges rarely happened during the war. And when they did happen it was quick and bloody. You have to remember that these rifles were accurate, sometimes 10-20% or more of the line could be taken out of action in one volley.

I do agree though that the rifles sway way too much.

I also have to say that shooting blanks doesn't put wear and tear on your body like live rounds do. Live rounds tire you out alot faster.
It should never be completely steady but it shouldn't be as bad as it is unless you've been aiming for a while.

Also, when in combat your training kicks in and you do your job. Aim being too unsteady because of combat is not a valid reason imo.

Lucky
08-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Imagine marching/running across the Battlefield whilst being agitated or nervous the whole time because you are being shot at and your fellow Soldiers die.
I can imagine that the factor of exhaustion is quit high if you have to march across uneven terrain, hills and small rivers all whilst holding your rifle and in every kind of weather.
Even with that put aside, if you have to aim your rifle, shoot, relode and pick a new target whilst aming and do that over and over again, its for sure not pleasent for you arm muscles.

I am not a soldier and only held an Enfield for once.. so I dont know exactly how stressfull it is for an Soldier to hold his rifle the entire time and neither if his drill realy prevents him from panic
and shaking..
But I can imagine that if you are shot at from a bunch of people isnt helping your accuracy nor what you learned in your training with your rifle. As far as I know there were a lot of
rifles filled with more than one or two rifle loads because the Soldier was in utter panic so I can imagine that a lot of Soldiers where trembling.

Sry. if I repeated myself or went a little bit of :eek:

Legion
08-21-2016, 04:14 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of veterans reactions in combat. Those rifles found at Gettysburg were most definitely in the hands of raw recruits and not seasoned veterans.

Henronicus
08-21-2016, 11:50 PM
The sway should definitely be reduced at least at first, maybe as you tire out and get scared by things it will make it worse, but if nothing is happening and you've caught your breath, it should be pretty steady.

Oleander
08-22-2016, 02:34 PM
This has been discussed before, the sway was exaggerated to make accurate hip shots impossible. I agree that it's a little on the high side, but when you account for the pause between "Aim" and "Fire" it actually works out well.

C.S.A. Sniper43
08-22-2016, 06:08 PM
from a reenacting stand point the sway is way too much but from a live fire stand point the sway is about right due to the way that the grip on the firearm is. i know that for me when i shoot blanks its a "loose grip" like an air gun would be but for ball loads my grip is the same as my mosin-nagnt b\c my live blackpowder loads are comperable to the mosin load and the guns are about the same weight also.

SharpshooterSharpe
10-06-2016, 09:13 PM
I have live shot my 61 Springfield and 59 Sharpes. Put 40 rounds through each nonstop and I can tell you that my shoulder hurt like hell (mainly after the Springfield) but I still had a 3 inch grouping at 100 yards with the Springfield and a 2 inch grouping with the Sharpes. I agree that there should be sway mainly after running, jumping, or what have you but most of the guys at Antietam would have been fighting for at least a year at this point and would have been very proficient with regards to accuracy. New recruits would have had a harder time depending on where they are from and what they are used to doing for work. I think if there is sway while standing still then it should be made to be very minimal. Just my two cents worth.

GeneralSquirts
10-06-2016, 09:22 PM
I think there is a tad too much to the swaying. I could maybe understand if the variable was different in comparison to moving out and normal settings in comparison to a battle scenario. But yeah it sways too much for a non-combat scenario.

A. P. Hill
10-07-2016, 12:54 AM
Just my opinion ... But I think a reposting of this information (https://www.dropbox.com/s/qf68eh5lqyxki7v/percentage%20killed.htm?dl=0) might be due again.

This is a percentage chart, it says a lot about the accuracy or lack thereof of the troops of the day. Note the number of soldiers on each side of a specific battle, then look across the chart and see the numbers killed, wounded, or missing in the selected battle. Next to those numbers you will see a percentage of the total of the troops involved, it may put this thing in perspective.

This to me says that the sway should stay. You will also have tons of smoke in the air, there will be times you might not be able to see the opposing team and yet your commander is telling you to aim and fire. What do you aim at if you can't see anything to target? (IF any adjustment is made, maybe it should be lessened, but not eliminated.)

Legion
10-07-2016, 01:29 AM
Just my opinion ... But I think a reposting of this information (https://www.dropbox.com/s/qf68eh5lqyxki7v/percentage%20killed.htm?dl=0) might be due again.

This is a percentage chart, it says a lot about the accuracy or lack thereof of the troops of the day. Note the number of soldiers on each side of a specific battle, then look across the chart and see the numbers killed, wounded, or missing in the selected battle. Next to those numbers you will see a percentage of the total of the troops involved, it may put this thing in perspective.

This to me says that the sway should stay. You will also have tons of smoke in the air, there will be times you might not be able to see the opposing team and yet your commander is telling you to aim and fire. What do you aim at if you can't see anything to target? (IF any adjustment is made, maybe it should be lessened, but not eliminated.)

I agree that the sway should stay but maybe it should be a little less.

I wouldn't say that the troops accuracy was all that bad. I would say smoke/ lack of visibility was the main contributing factor in accuracy of the troops.

Here is a quote from Lee's Tigers: Louisiana Infantry in the Army of Northern Virginia by Terry L. Jones. It shows how the lack of visibility could cause deadly mistakes in battle.

"While up above the fog, Zable was astonished to see that he previously unseen Yankees who were decimating his regiment were posted far up a slope and not directly ahead of his men as thought. For an hour the Tigers had been subjected to a murderous fire while harmlessly pumping round after round into the side of the hill."

GeneralSquirts
10-07-2016, 01:50 AM
Yes, I think it was said previously we want it to be lessened but not eliminated.

SharpshooterSharpe
10-07-2016, 04:28 AM
I think there should be some but not as drastic as it is. Maybe have the smoke linger longer so that you loose accuracy because you cant see along with bullet drop and the such. Swaying as bad as it does should be for when you have double quicked or sprinted into position in my opinion so your character is tired and the like.

David Dire
10-07-2016, 04:31 AM
Perhaps it could be, when you aim and have full stamina, there is no sway, however the less stamina you have, the more sway you have?

And perhaps aiming for more than 10ish seconds could drain stamina, as well as slight stamina drain when you reload?

A. P. Hill
10-07-2016, 04:38 AM
Perhaps it could be, when you aim and have full stamina, there is no sway, however the less stamina you have, the more sway you have?

And perhaps aiming for more than 10ish seconds could drain stamina, as well as slight stamina drain when you reload?

ALL good points! :)

Legion
10-07-2016, 04:50 AM

There should always be some sway, but it should increase or decrease depending on how tired you are. The firearm should never be completely steady unless it's on a rest of some sort.

JACK7DK
12-31-2017, 01:43 PM
Having participated in my first reenactment today, and firing multiple times, I can confirm there is absolutely no such thing as your rifle swinging around when you first aim. Even with my arms extremely tired, I could hold it as stable as a rock on the ground. My arms shook slightly, however this made no effect on the rifle itself.

Personally I think the mechanic should be replaced by a different one: your gun drooping if aiming it for too long, and there being a regeneration on this when not aiming.

I RL i have been a soldier for 13 years and I absolutely believe that (sway) drift as it is now is perfect. If you stand upright without support you do not hit a man on 300 meters (328yd)
Max 1 time out of 10. If you are in a war situation at the same time, with an enemy of 300 meters, yes, then you're shitting in your pants.:eek:
To aim with a heavy rifle fixed with a bayonet, at long distance would be directly stupid.:p

Goad
12-31-2017, 10:53 PM
I have a Springfield '42 smoothbore and I can tell you that its probably the most unbalanced and heaviest of all the guns represented but, I know where that balance point is on the gun and it is quite good once you learn it and very stable, on par or better than most modern guns ( even with Bayonet on. Weight is a good thing for long shots as any REAL shooter should know shooting free-hand of course ). I kinda get a laugh when I hear Historians talk about the range effectiveness of Rifles during that time when in reality, after the heavy shooting started, its effectiveness was greatly diminished which I think the game is doing a good job of, by the smoke of all arms including Arty of course. The gun sway immediately after shouldering is totally ridiculous along with the barrel droop after 10-11 seconds. You should get a small amount of natural sway during the entirety of the aiming process, not this massive hit you take after shouldering. But as is now, its unrealistic to the point of comical. But I totally agree once you start breathing hard for physical exertion, your gun sway should increase.

I understand the Devs factor of nervousness, fear, and green soldiers, But its being put forth in a too abstract way. The Confederates at this point of war were all experienced with majority being seasoned Units especially with their superior method of fleshing out Regiments. There were many Union Units that were Raw recruits. I think either Sumners or Mansfields or both whole Corps were made up by far of these troops. I made a suggestion to Devs over a year ago that there should be some form of experience level for speeding aiming method or rate of fire ( and doesnt have to be a huge amount ). Rate of fire brings up another point. I had a discussion with a Dev once long ago about it, I was told it was 3 shots a minute. But that is misleading. Going by what he told me then you should get 9 shots off in 3 minutes, but its not gonna happen with aimed shots unless using Sharps. The reasoning behind his logic is, the very first shot which is included, it will be total of 3 but that will be the ONLY minute you will get 3 shots in. If you keep shooting more, the amount of shots per minute will eventually "flatline" far below 3 shots a minute. Some experienced soldiers could get 4 shots a minute and I'm assuming they are using the same formula as the Dev told me but it just goes to show what experienced troops could achieve thus the need for some kind of experience level factor in the game. As far as shitting the pants brought about of fear. When fighting in very close proximety to friendlies as was the case, fear was lessened and higher Unit morale and confidence staying higher with flanks and having back-up support secured by other Units.

How to implement an experience factor ingame would be a big effort. I dont know if keeping record of experience of each individual soldier is even possible. I would think it would best implemented using an overall average Unit performance ( such as kills per Unit and with new recruits bringing that average down ) to bring about improvement in aiming/rate of fire and even Hand-to-Hand combat. Either way it should be small improvements. Also would improve participation of people playing.

JACK7DK
01-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Weight is a good thing for long shots as any REAL shooter should know shooting free-hand of course ).. What book have you read?

Can you hit on 300 yd? Standing op with an enemy standing 300yd away shooting at YOU. And if you get hit you will surely die. And remember you dont shake.

sal_tuskin
01-02-2018, 06:41 PM
jack we are talking about 50-100yd shots not 300 i can guarantee you i can hit a target standing still at 50yds no problem free standing shooting and probably 50% at 100yds and i an no marksman and i talking about muskets not new guns, my m4 you cant miss at 50rds unless you try on a man sized silhouette target
no sure with someone shooting back at you is a different story but how many times i have missed targets at 25yds in this game cause of the sway is almost comical at best stupid at worst the sway is just way to much

also my 600m gun prob weights at least 24lbs so yes weight matters but i dont shoot that standing up on a rest or prone

WeeFilly
01-02-2018, 06:41 PM
I am rather happy with the sway as it is at the moment. Focus your aim for a few seconds (also to prevent ridiculous "no scope" situations), aim more precise, and get tired and drop the barrel slowly.

I don't really see a problem here, I think they did a good job balancing "real life" and what has to be in a game to make it balanced and fun to play. :)

Goad
01-02-2018, 09:42 PM
What book have you read?

Can you hit on 300 yd? Standing op with an enemy standing 300yd away shooting at YOU. And if you get hit you will surely die. And remember you dont shake.

Have you ever put your hands on a War of Southern Independence era Rifle/Musket?. Sounds like you havent. I dont need to read books on this topic guy, I actually shoot. Anyone who says a War of Southern Independence era rifle is this wobbly is out of their damn mind! And maybe not everyone is scared as you are.

JACK7DK
01-04-2018, 06:39 PM
many timesi have missed targets at 25yds in this game cause of the sway is almost comical at best stupid at worst the sway is just way to much
also my 600m gun prob weights at least 24lbs so yes weight matters but i dont shoot that standing up on a rest or prone

That is because you get afraid not to hit. You know you just got that one shoot or you will die! And that is what's make this game great! The feeling of reality :) I know because i also miss alot :eek:

JACK7DK
01-04-2018, 06:46 PM
Have you ever put your hands on a War of Southern Independence era Rifle/Musket?. Sounds like you havent. I dont need to read books on this topic guy, I actually shoot. Anyone who says a War of Southern Independence era rifle is this wobbly is out of their damn mind! And maybe not everyone is scared as you are.

Not a musket, but a lot of eny thing else in the Danish Army:p:

Goad
01-10-2018, 03:35 AM
Did you fear for your life? Did you see your friends slaughtered in front of you? :)

- Trusty

So by your logic... you're only fearful for your life the first five seconds of aiming? As the aiming process gets considerably stabilized after that. But what does a Confederate know?!

McMuffin
01-10-2018, 06:17 PM
The sway as it is post-stabilization is perfectly fine; people have the issue with your guy jerking his weapon up and down, up and down in a parodical style of sway for 6 seconds before calming down from perfectly standing still, not exhausted at all, and not under fire or anything. It seems incredibly out of proportion if you fixed that most people wouldn't care.

Scottvdken
01-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Agreed. I would like to see the initial few seconds of extreme sway removed. It does not make sense.

JTW
01-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Can't speak about realism regarding weapon sway, all i've fired is an M/95 from a prone position. But from my perspective it certainly makes for annoying gameplay though, especially considering the rambo officers the game is currently dealing with.

Kane Kaizer
01-10-2018, 07:43 PM
I'd really like to see other factors come into play regarding the gun sway. Initially it should be quite stable IMO, just as a soldier would aim during target practice without any real duress. But the sway could then increase based on a number of factors, including the bayonet (perhaps not as absurdly as it currently is, at least not by itself), or an artillery shell landing nearby, the suppression effect from a volley, being grazed/getting blood splattered on you from a dead comrade standing beside you, etc. Even a near miss could cause a bit of a flinch if you're also aiming, which encourages you to fire before the other guy.

John Jones
01-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Its kind of related to swing - one thing that has been bugging me of late is the length of time it takes to bring the musket up into the shoulder, and it often makes the difference between me getting shot or not. I have fired most British Army infantry weapons and even with the relatively long SLR it wouldn't have taken me as long as it seems to take with the in-game muskets to get the weapon into the aim.

As gentlemen who actually own and fire muskets, is the animation too long or am I imposing my 'modern' view of marksmanship on them?

McMuffin
01-10-2018, 10:18 PM
I am all for things to make firing a weapon more realistic but this is a game, and we do not want to make it exactly like real life because if you do that, then most people will not at all find it fun.

Goad
04-06-2018, 05:02 PM
Forcing the abstraction of fear into the game I feel is way off mark. I see people rush their shots all the time which means they are under duress, and sometimes it is just forced on them to do so which speaks volumes towards the game's realism. Having a Bayonet attached moves the center of balance more forward which is easily remedied by positioning your left arm a little by moving it towards Muzzle, no big deal at all unless MAYBE you have T-Rex Arms. As far as the ground-shaking effects of Arty I think is overdone. How can I ever be sure? ... dont know, I dont intend to ever put myself in a real life barrage of Civil War Arty. As far as this as being a game, I never look at it that way, I look at it as being a simulator. And the more realism makes it more fun.

Dav123y
04-06-2018, 08:01 PM
It does make everything a bit more balanced.

Rey Pizzman
04-06-2018, 11:47 PM
IMHO, I'd rather have a vibration simulating fear and nervousness than sway. I agree that shots within 50 yards in game are silly with all the movement. IRL, it took around 1200 shots at 100 yards to take down 200 men. But within 50 yards, it's almost "can't miss" with rifling, and 25 yards with a smoothbore. The only reason anyone would advance within 50 yards would be that the pushing force has the cover of thick woods, or were crossing the distance at a run (charge). 0 to 50 was no man's land. But with the sway, shots miss way too often.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
04-07-2018, 08:25 AM
dont forget that we have rifled muskets in this era not like in Napoleonic era where you have this numbers from maybe.

Bleddyn
04-08-2018, 07:42 PM
I'm curious to know how you arrived at this?

85% of all stats you read online are made up, based on the opinions of the poster without any actual research. Exactly like this post! ;):cool:

Jackan
04-11-2018, 05:44 PM

- Trusty

but woulndt that be more fitting with the suppresion system? And not when aiming down?

Maybe having the player move off target when aiming so you have to find the target again would be more realistic and not random sway fpr 2 seconds?

And having the weapon move off target and swaying to simulate being suppresed and scared while as you say, fearing for your life and seeing your freinds die.

A. P. Hill
04-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Much of the muzzle swing also depicts physical stamina. If you just got done double quicking, or charging 100 yards or better, you're not going to be shooting 100 percent stable, I don't care who you are or how physically enduring you think you may be.

If you are still, (motionless,) in an area, you'll find aiming much easier. There will still be "swing" but that'll be depicting physical weight of the weapon and your human ability to manage that weight.

Rey Pizzman
04-13-2018, 09:42 AM
From my recollection, the data came from the research of Dr Nye and published by Richard Berg in S&T.

Rey Pizzman
04-13-2018, 09:46 AM
Much of the muzzle swing also depicts physical stamina. If you just got done double quicking, or charging 100 yards or better, you're not going to be shooting 100 percent stable, I don't care who you are or how physically enduring you think you may be.

If you are still, (motionless,) in an area, you'll find aiming much easier. There will still be "swing" but that'll be depicting physical weight of the weapon and your human ability to manage that weight.

But when stationary behind a fence, we still have it (and you can't even rest the muzzle on the fence). But yes, if you are running around accuracy is lost, especially if firing in haste.

Poorlaggedman
04-13-2018, 02:13 PM
I'll hopefully get another thread in the Alpha suggestions section about the 'fear' thing this weekend. To those who say there should be a sure-thing range all you need to do is look at real combat footage out there. Some of it is more recently suppressed (no pun intended) by Youtube but there's an enormous amount of combat footage coming from Syria over the last several years. You'll see a lot of people missing what should be sure-thing hits. I always thought that was a fascinating phenomena since I was young. Sure-shots just don't happen like they're supposed to in real life. Experience on ranges in the military in a less-than-ideal environment give you more respect for conditions. It's entirely different relaxing and getting out of your truck and leisurely popping a few shots off. It's entirely another rucking, wearing uncomfortable equipment with sweat running down your face into your eyes. Shooting short of breath or just exhausted? Much harder. Heck just carrying a light m16 around long enough begins to tire your arms, then you might not be well-fed to really recover from the grind of campaigning. I just wish the sway was a little more dynamic. I don't think it is right now. It's the same pattern of sway

Most frustrating for me about missing in WoR is the remaining over-emphasis on meelee and the inability to react quickly when being rushed with one jackass with a bayonet. The process is just too slow. So you take extra care not to miss and occasionally you do and it's a sure thing that you are now dead without assistance from a friendly --which isnt a sure thing at all especially when the guy is behind ya'll and your'e the one who saw him. Heaven forbid the guy is behind a fence. You may as well throw the musket at him.

Bravescot
04-27-2018, 02:27 PM
When testing the weapon accuracy Devs, do you account for the swing or just take it out to test?

Fancy Sweetroll
04-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Which swing are you talking about? The camera moving up and down and to the sides while aiming?

Bravescot
04-27-2018, 05:59 PM
Which swing are you talking about? The camera moving up and down and to the sides while aiming?
The sway you've put in when aiming down sights yeah.

Leifr
04-28-2018, 02:18 PM

I had a short discussion with Bravescot about this yesterday and wondered how you test the accuracy (ergo ballistics) of the rifles, it can be quite difficult to gauge whether everything is really working as intended.

For testing ballistics, are you able to discharge the weapon from an position of absolute stillness where there is no movement to the firearm?
The relaxing of the player's arms during aiming is fine and can be tweaked in the future but it would be nice to confirm that, when the gun barrel is pointing at something, at the correct range, and at the correct angle, it will actually place a minie ball where it properly should. Dispelling any myth about the firearms and rounds that are discharged would be excellent here.

Fancy Sweetroll
04-29-2018, 03:55 PM
Currently, there is a little bit of randomness for where the bullet will go, even for the rifles. This is something that we may reduce in the somewhat near future.

The new sway that was introduced about two updates ago, and then mostly removed again in the next update, is sort of still there. Though during normal gameplay you will most likely never really experience it, or only for a very short time.

Camera sway is something that is always active in the game while aiming. The weapon is glued to the screen and the bullet always flies down the path the ironsights are pointing. A tiny bit of randomness to the direction of the bullet is then added on top (may reduce it soon). The amount of sway gets increased, depending on how low your stamina is. On full stamina, you can almost sprint from the union camp, to the shooting range. The sway also changes depending on if you are in formation, skirmish or out of line (to simulate soldiers being more calm in a formation). When an artillery shell lands close to, or a couple, you screen will get blurry among other effects. This also affects the amount of sway there is while the effects last, sway from artillery passes quite quickly though (weapons being fired close to you and bullets flying over your head (when you hear the bullet whizz sound) also affects this, but only by a small amount).

If you have 25% stamina or less left, the new weapon sway from one of the previous updates also starts kicking in, but it dissapears quickly since it is already fully gone once you'ce recharged 25% stamina.

The max amount of stamina you can have, depends on the amount of health you have. Bullets always kill you by a single shot, no matter if you get headshot, or if you lose your little toe. There currently are some visual bugs every now and then, where it looks like someone got hit, but the person doesnt die. That is only a visual glitch. (Your client thinks the player was hit, but the player wasnt actually hit on the server.).

For melee attacks, getting hit by the butt of a rifle causes just about 35% of damage to you, so if you are hit once, you can only recharge up to 65% stamina and hit twice you can only recharge up to 30%. The bayonet does 70% of damage, leaving you at 30% max stamina. This in turn affects the amount of weapon sway you will recieve and makes you unable to sprint as far as unharmed players.

When you walk at the quick time. Your stamina is being consumed very slowly, it will stabilize at 80% stamina. So if you are walking with a stamina above 80%, you will slowly lose stamina. If you are walking with a stamina below 80%, you will regenerate stamina. Running at the double quick will consume stamina faster than while walking and it will stabilize at 40%, so you can still double quick forever. Sprinting consumes stamina the fastest and will make your stamina go all the way down to 0%, causing the greatest effect on weapon sway. Sprinting while in melee mode (charging) makes sprinting consume an additional 25% of stamina (so you reach 0% faster, so for example for CSA on Harpers Ferry. It's smarter to sprint across the bridges without being in melee mode, and then first when you get close, should you activate melee mode).

Moving through water will cause stamina to be consumed at double the rate.

If you are reloading or aiming, you can only recharge stamina up to 50%. So if you are standing still with stamina at 74%, a moment later it will be at 77%, if you then start aiming or reloading, it will stay on 77% until you stop aiming or reloading at which it will continue recharging from 77%.

Being In Formation, will make your stamina recharge at the fastest rate, Skirmishing will cause the stamina to recharge slightly slower, and Out of Line will cause it to recharge the slowest.

I hope you appreciate this kinda messy explanation of most of the numbers ;)

LaBelle
04-29-2018, 05:31 PM
Very appreciated, this sort of communication rocks. Interesting to see the actual damage being done by the two melee variations; I had assumed a 60-40 with bayonet and bash, but it's always better to know the exact numbers.

Poorlaggedman
05-01-2018, 02:16 AM
I keep telling these 'officers' to stop sprinting mobs straight into combat because the effects of stamina loss are apparent and deadly.