PDA

View Full Version : Wish list for Company Tool

Pages : [1] 2

Hinkel
09-29-2016, 11:40 AM
Hey guys,

we would like to know, if you have any wishes or suggestions, you would like to see in the company tool.
Like overall character features, Company Features, special actions for the commanders?

One of the first wishes we recieved is about the creating of Platoons. So commanders can set First, Second and Third Platoon, assign soldiers and officers for them. We like the idea and will mostly be added very soon.
So, feel free to share your ideas with us! :)

David Dire
09-29-2016, 12:10 PM
More avatars. Currently there are not that many.

Hinkel
09-29-2016, 12:14 PM
More avatars. Currently there are not that many.

There are 50 avatars at the moment, but those are based on cryengine 3. The graphic look changed, the avatars need to be updated soon anyway ;)
Might add some more then.

Leifr
09-29-2016, 12:22 PM
There appears to be no way for a player to leave a company. One of our lot joined the wrong one and was forced to desert the CSA and then the Union in order to rejoin under the right company. It might be an idea to either make it more obvious to the player (as I cannot see a way either short of discharging).

Hinkel
09-29-2016, 12:29 PM
There appears to be no way for a player to leave a company. One of our lot joined the wrong one and was forced to desert the CSA and then the Union in order to rejoin under the right company. It might be an idea to either make it more obvious to the player (as I cannot see a way either short of discharging).

If you are in the main screen of the company, there is a huge button:

https://i.gyazo.com/c3879d3de2e6391f9009b25a3581d5e2.jpg

Leifr
09-29-2016, 12:31 PM
I suppose I'll admonish him for this gross negligence then.
That said; it does not appear for me - rank as Captain or ownership? I suppose the latter.

JRob
09-29-2016, 12:47 PM
My wish is a confederate 2nd Lieutenant avatar with a super long brown or black beard who is young, with just a grey collar.

Fancy Sweetroll
09-29-2016, 01:07 PM
I suppose I'll admonish him for this gross negligence then.
That said; it does not appear for me - rank as Captain or ownership? I suppose the latter.

The only time the Desert Company button should not appear is if you are the owner of the company. If you want to leave, you'll need to disband the company or give the ownership to somebody else.

You should be able to desert even if you are a captain or Major. It will look very silly though, since it will say in the company records that "Major Fancy Sweetroll cowardly deserted the company" :D

-Mitchell-
09-29-2016, 01:30 PM
I'm loving this Company Tool, outstanding work as always lads!

zerosius
09-29-2016, 01:43 PM
Hey there,

Cool that you finally released the Tool. I went ahead and wanted to create the 1st New Jersey Light Artillery Battery A, but the Light Artillery Batteries seem to be missing completely at the moment if i am not mistaken. They were definetely part of the Maryland Campaign though...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antietam_Union_order_of_battle

New Jersey Light, Battery A: Cpt William Hexamer in the VI Corps, 1st Division

Legion
09-29-2016, 01:46 PM
I already made a thread about it but I'll post it here just for the record.

I would like to see a company history/report section in the tool, that way you can wright down the companies history and what they've done. And so you can wright down the battle report after each battle and wright what your company did.

thomas aagaard
09-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Platoons was organized each time the company fell in. and it was done according to height. It was not permanent formations like in modern armies.

And the company was split into two platoons.
And they where each split into two sections.

So if we want to be able to count to 3 or 4, then call it sections. (and not platoons)

I got no issue with adding them, as long as we agree that its done because it makes sense in a 21st century PC game... and not because it is historical.

Now a wish.

An option on if you want to inform the members by mail about changes.

Bravescot
09-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Removal of Major and Sergeant Major until Battalikns can be formed.

Lance Rawlings
09-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Removal of Major and Sergeant Major until Battalikns can be formed.

Yeah I agree. They are pointless for a company. But that's just a small historical note.

Harris1815
09-29-2016, 04:21 PM
Overall Great Work with this tool. I did not expect it to be done so thoroughly and a lot of it actually makes sense and Works! could use some more avatars like they will be updated soon.

Diversey
09-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Add pages to the company history, it's too much for my eyes, if you split it up in pages it's going to be much easier to sort through.

Fancy Sweetroll
09-29-2016, 04:34 PM
Add pages to the company history, it's too much for my eyes, if you split it up in pages it's going to be much easier to sort through.

I'll add some search functionality to it.

Legion
09-29-2016, 04:34 PM
Platoons was organized each time the company fell in. and it was done according to height. It was not permanent formations like in modern armies.

And the company was split into two platoons.
And they where each split into two sections.

So if we want to be able to count to 3 or 4, then call it sections. (and not platoons)

I got no issue with adding them, as long as we agree that its done because it makes sense in a 21st century PC game... and not because it is historical.

Now a wish.

An option on if you want to inform the members by mail about changes.

If I remember correctly some companies had assigned positions in the line, not sure if this is the same thing or not though.

Legion
09-29-2016, 07:32 PM
Instead of bunching all the companies together on one list, you should divide it by state, that way players can go straight to the state they are interested in and look for companies there.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
09-29-2016, 08:08 PM
i wish we could get a "home screen" from that screen i want to reach all important ones like: my company, my profile, all companies of USA/ CSA.

It's not efficient when i have to click on my company to see reach the company list.

In that homelist you could show some fats, how many companies are formed/enlisting, telegrams, how many users are online/enlisted etc.

And i would like to browse the unit list even if i formed a company. I help some guys to create companies and that would easier my work a lot.

In the end:

Great tool, great job, great game and great dev team!

EDIT:

I recognized there is already a start screen but could you add a menu bar or big buttons to all pages? would be easier to navigate

Atomic_Chicken
09-29-2016, 08:59 PM
Possibly add more western states.

Hinkel
09-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Possibly add more western states.

The game is about the Maryland Campaign.
All regiments and states are in, which took part.

Every state, which is not available, did not take part in the Maryland Campaign. You won't see them in the tool or ingame.

Fancy Sweetroll
09-29-2016, 09:33 PM
i wish we could get a "home screen" from that screen i want to reach all important ones like: my company, my profile, all companies of USA/ CSA.

It's not efficient when i have to click on my company to see reach the company list.

In that homelist you could show some fats, how many companies are formed/enlisting, telegrams, how many users are online/enlisted etc.

And i would like to browse the unit list even if i formed a company. I help some guys to create companies and that would easier my work a lot.

In the end:

Great tool, great job, great game and great dev team!

EDIT:

I recognized there is already a start screen but could you add a menu bar or big buttons to all pages? would be easier to navigate

I'd say there are plenty of links :)

http://i.imgur.com/hsBvByY.jpg

Norwegian
09-29-2016, 09:37 PM
Would be nice if you could add an option to rename our companies to another letter.

Fancy Sweetroll
09-29-2016, 09:37 PM
Would be nice if you could add an option to rename our companies to another letter.

Yeah, good idea :)

Atomic_Chicken
09-29-2016, 09:45 PM
All regiments and states are in, which took part.

Every state, which is not available, did not take part in the Maryland Campaign. You won't see them in the tool or ingame.

Ok I understand I was just asking because of a regiment/company that I made was about a western state.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
09-29-2016, 09:53 PM
I'd say there are plenty of links :)

yeah you are right

*but i like menu bars*grumble in his non existing beard and walks away* :D

Norwegian
09-29-2016, 10:16 PM
If possible, could you guys add a counter for how many men are in each platoon?

DanielG453
09-29-2016, 10:37 PM
If possible, could you guys add a counter for how many men are in each platoon?

Yeah, that would be useful, however, you guys could perhaps take it further adding sections (Squads) system to give NCOs a task within the Company tool?

Maximus Decimus Meridius
09-29-2016, 10:42 PM
Fancy, my master, you didn't answer all my questions / suggestions ;)

Fancy Sweetroll
09-29-2016, 10:45 PM

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what you mean?

Maximus Decimus Meridius
09-29-2016, 10:49 PM
I would like to browse the big list where I can choose which company I want to form. the list with all regiments which took part in the Maryland campaign

I help some guys to find names for their company and of course they want a unit which will be ingame. in the moment I use the table of hp hill but yours is better for that.

Legion
09-29-2016, 10:54 PM
Yeah, that would be useful, however, you guys could perhaps take it further adding sections (Squads) system to give NCOs a task within the Company tool?

I do like this idea. Maybe not have to assign people to sections but just have section commander as a role for the Sgts.

DanielG453
09-29-2016, 11:00 PM
I do like this idea. Maybe not have to assign people to sections but just have section commander as a role for the Sgts.

Yeah, that would work well in practice depends on the devs.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
09-29-2016, 11:02 PM

that's unnecessary. every sergeant except the first, leads a section.

but I would like to assign soldiers to a section and squad. I know they weren't fix but it's nice for administration.

Legion
09-29-2016, 11:03 PM
that's unnecessary. every sergeant except the first, leads a section.

but I would like to assign soldiers to a section and squad. I know they weren't fix but it's nice for administration.

I realize that. but I think it would be cool to have the role listed instead of just giving them the NCO role.

Golden
09-29-2016, 11:09 PM
Loving it, not sure about Private Icon being a Bugle though :p

Legion
09-29-2016, 11:10 PM
Loving it, not sure about Private Icon being a Bugle though :p

Privates don't have an insignia in the US military. Privates (E-1) don't have an insignia, only E-2 and above have insignia.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
09-29-2016, 11:11 PM
I realize that. but I think it would be cool to have the role listed instead of just giving them the NCO role.

ahh yes. didn't thought about that in this way. would be also nice to have

Golden
09-29-2016, 11:21 PM
Yes but a Bugle? Just researced the bugle; Confederate Officer's Forage Cap. Bugle insignia on front of cap is that of Infantry. "16" indicates the 16th Infantry Regiment, (of which state is unknown). The appears to be a large number of officer caps/hats bearing the bugle insignia that of Private, no.

Legion
09-29-2016, 11:23 PM
Yes but a Bugle? Just researced the bugle; Confederate Officer's Forage Cap. Bugle insignia on front of cap is that of Infantry. "16" indicates the 16th Infantry Regiment, (of which state is unknown). The appears to be a large number of officer caps/hats bearing the bugle insignia that of Private, no.

The bugle didn't denote rank as far as I know.

Golden
09-29-2016, 11:26 PM
The bugle didn't denote rank.

I didn't say it did, i'm saying the only evidence of a Bugle insinga was that of an officer's cap in the 16th regiment. I'm just saying my opinion of the Bugle used as an icon for Private was that I didn't like it. Not that it was wrong.

Legion
09-29-2016, 11:29 PM
I didn't say it did, i'm saying the only evidence of a Bugle insinga was that of an officer's cap in the 16th regiment. I'm just saying my opinion of the Bugle used as an icon for Private was that I didn't like it. Not that it was wrong.

Ah I see what you mean now. Officers aren't the only ones who had it though. It's the only thing that we can really use for privates, unless we just don't give them an insignia.

Golden
09-29-2016, 11:30 PM
Privates don't have an insignia in the US military. Privates (E-1) don't have an insignia, only E-2 and above have insignia.

So what you are saying here is that Privates do in fact having an insignia. We are also reffering to the Confederate army here not the US modern military. The Confederate Army Private has no insignia, and therefore a bugle would be incorrect hence why I said not sure about the Bugle......

Legion
09-29-2016, 11:33 PM
So what you are saying here is that Privates do in fact having an insignia. We are also reffering to the Confederate army here not the US modern military. The Confederate Army Private has no insignia, and therefore a bugle would be incorrect hence why I said not sure about the Bugle......

Privates do not have an insignia.

Edit: I was thinking of the USMC. In the Marine Corps, Privates do not have an insignia but they do in the army.

In the civil war they didn't though.

Golden
09-29-2016, 11:34 PM
Yes, no insignia if you want to be COMPLETELY historically accurate, however i'm talking about a video game so I think having a Modern Military PV2 icon or a slightly different Confederate Cpl, icon. However this is very petty. (Just didn't like the bugle OK!)

Edit: For instance, a single blue chevron.

TrustyJam
09-29-2016, 11:38 PM

It's the branch symbol for infantry.

- Trusty

Golden
09-29-2016, 11:40 PM
great

Golden
09-29-2016, 11:47 PM
Did private's uniform or anything PRIVATE? Have a bugle? hmmmmmm?! hmmm?!!! No. So why is this historically INACCURATE!!!! (srsly dont care, pls dont ban me)

Killobytes
09-29-2016, 11:49 PM
How about an option on our profiles to have a link to our steam profile?

Golden
09-29-2016, 11:51 PM
How about an option on our profiles to have a link to our steam profile?

Agreed

Legion
09-29-2016, 11:53 PM
Did private's uniform or anything PRIVATE? Have a bugle? hmmmmmm?! hmmm?!!! No. So why is this historically INACCURATE!!!! (srsly dont care, pls dont ban me)

I don't see why your so upset about it. The bugle is just a generic insignia for infantry, there's nothing wrong with using it to denote a private. The same goes for crossed cannons and swords for arty and cav.

Golden
09-29-2016, 11:54 PM
I don't see why your so upset about it. The bugle is just a generic insignia for infantry, there's nothing wrong with using it to denote a private. The same goes for crossed cannons and swords for arty and cav.

I was supposed to put across sarcasm nvm. :(

Potus
09-29-2016, 11:55 PM
an option to remove telegrams please :)

Gandalf
09-29-2016, 11:55 PM
I like the implementation of platoons in the company, would be interesting if for the artillery instead it could be divided by gun crews. Maybe the same for cavalry, but not sure if they had distinctions like that or not.

Legion
09-29-2016, 11:57 PM
I was supposed to put across sarcasm nvm. :(

My apologies for not understanding:)

TrustyJam
09-29-2016, 11:59 PM

Lots of soldiers in the infantry wore the bugle, so yes. Also, take it easy there.

- Trusty

Legion
09-30-2016, 12:01 AM
Also the option to change your soldier name, just in case you want to be known as something else later on.

you can, go to your enlistment papers and change it.

Golden
09-30-2016, 12:04 AM
Lots of soldiers in the infantry wore the bugle, so yes. Also, take it easy there.

- Trusty
not sure they did, yes taking it easy :)

Golden
09-30-2016, 12:11 AM
Also I would like to apologise for causing an argument on this thread and also for insulting a bugle. :(

TrustyJam
09-30-2016, 12:15 AM
Also I would like to apologise for causing an argument on this thread and also for insulting a bugle. :(

Stop going off-topic about this.

- Trusty

William F. Randolph
09-30-2016, 01:05 AM
Possibly the ability to send telegrams to soldiers privately within the tool itself?

Legion
09-30-2016, 01:31 AM
Possibly the ability to send telegrams to soldiers privately within the tool itself?

They're planning to add it.

zerosius
09-30-2016, 02:45 AM
I like the Avatars so far, but could we maybe also get a few Artillery/Cavalry CO Avatars?
And maybe make all the different rank/hairstyle and beard combinations available.

TrustyJam
09-30-2016, 02:55 AM
I like the Avatars so far, but could we maybe also get a few Artillery/Cavalry CO Avatars?
And maybe make all the different rank/hairstyle and beard combinations available.

We don't have cavalry or artillery units done in-game yet.

- Trusty

Maj_MT
09-30-2016, 02:56 AM
Add more Ranks to the options for people in the rank change since it only goes up to captain.

Legion
09-30-2016, 03:20 AM
Add more Ranks to the options for people in the rank change since it only goes up to captain.

Captain is the highest rank in a company. They wont add higher ranks until they implement battalions. regiments, etc.

McEwan
09-30-2016, 03:22 AM

I'm not sure what other ranks could be added. The ones already available are perfectly fine; adding more would be ahistorical.

Conway
09-30-2016, 03:53 AM
Add Maj and CQmSgt. CQm is historical and Majors would on occasion lead companies depending on the casualty rates.
Add a feature so that a menu pops up when you go to discharge someone that asks for a second confirmation. I've accidentally discharged two people already.
The company description is broken as it cannot be changed. Potential steam links included in the company options section may be a good option as well.
Having the company roster be a drop down rather than a pop-up would be more convenient.
I'm not aware if there are any admin permissions but that would also be a good idea. Give a person permission to add and remove ranks/positions but not be able to delete the group. That way bigger companies can manage themselves better.
Not aware if this exists or not but having specialty units, cavalry and artillery with different colors for the shoulder boards and collars for the ranks I think is a cool idea.
Providing a means of contact via a chat system anyone who volunteers is also a good idea although I do believe this was planned.

Legion
09-30-2016, 04:32 AM
Add Maj and CQmSgt. CQm is historical and Majors would on occasion lead companies depending on the casualty rates.
Add a feature so that a menu pops up when you go to discharge someone that asks for a second confirmation. I've accidentally discharged two people already.
The company description is broken as it cannot be changed. Potential steam links included in the company options section may be a good option as well.
Having the company roster be a drop down rather than a pop-up would be more convenient.
I'm not aware if there are any admin permissions but that would also be a good idea. Give a person permission to add and remove ranks/positions but not be able to delete the group. That way bigger companies can manage themselves better.
Not aware if this exists or not but having specialty units, cavalry and artillery with different colors for the shoulder boards and collars for the ranks I think is a cool idea.
Providing a means of contact via a chat system anyone who volunteers is also a good idea although I do believe this was planned.

They just removed those ranks. They will be added again once the add battalion/regiment forming etc.

Regwilliam
09-30-2016, 04:37 AM
2 Words Attendance sheet because attendance goes a lot toward promotion in most regiments and companys ect .

P.s *cry's in corner* I just want to stop using google docs :(

Legion
09-30-2016, 04:57 AM
2 Words Attendance sheet because attendance goes a lot toward promotion in most regiments and companys ect .

P.s *cry's in corner* I just want to stop using google docs :(

List the attendance in the soldiers remarks page. Click on the soldier and write the remarks you want then press save.

GeneralSquirts
09-30-2016, 05:11 AM
I think there are better alternatives to the font. I don't think it's unreadable, it just has issues with certain types of player names that makes it look horrible. Otherwise it's pretty cool.

Hinkel
09-30-2016, 07:58 AM

Like Trusty said, we don't have cavalry or artillery ingame.
So there won't be any avatars for them, until release of the closed beta or later.

Legion
09-30-2016, 01:12 PM
Add "Section Command" to the list of available roles. This way we have another option instead of just putting their role as a NCO.

This way you can assign the Captain as the Company Command, the Lts as the Platoon Command, and the Sgt. as the Section Command.

FakeMessiah27
09-30-2016, 01:37 PM
That does make more sense. Currently marking a Sgt as an NCO seems rather obvious.

thomas aagaard
09-30-2016, 04:15 PM

The Major was a field officer and he would not be commanding a company. His job was to be ready to take command of the regiment and the companies of skirmishers if some where sent forward.

If a company lost its captain then the 1st Lieutenant would take over.
If he is also "absent" the colonel could detach a 1st lieutenant from another company. Or let the 2nd lieutenant take over.

Company quartermaster sergeants was only found in the cavalry and artillery. Not in the infantry. And they did not have a role on the battlefield.

That is why they where removed.

Arkansan
10-01-2016, 03:47 AM
Am I wrong in assuming that anyone that hasn't pledged/bought the game can reserve a company at this point? If so, is this going to change when it becomes official or no?

Earnest Blitchton
10-01-2016, 04:00 AM
Please make it so that you can change your profile NICKNAME not just your soldier name. That would be fantastic since i messed up my first name :P

Kyle422
10-01-2016, 04:24 AM
They just removed those ranks. They will be added again once the add battalion/regiment forming etc.

Just got caught up reading this tread. Thanks for doing my job there Legion ;)

BloodBeag
10-01-2016, 11:18 AM
what about a search option for companies and people?

it will help when there starts to be more and more companies

Fancy Sweetroll
10-01-2016, 11:40 AM
what about a search option for companies and people?

it will help when there starts to be more and more companies

You can already search for people and companies on the homescreen. But I will be adding some filtering stuff on the ViewCompanies screen as well as search functionality in the company records as well as a soldiers service record.

General. Jackson
10-01-2016, 11:55 AM
The ability to invite people to your company by left clicking their name once you've searched it.

Also agree with Section Commander.
Different font is definitely needed but good effort! I really love the tool and makes life so much easier!

Mississippi
10-01-2016, 12:10 PM
"Are You Sure" feature, if one accidently clicks promote, demote, discharge, give ownership.

Legion
10-01-2016, 01:39 PM
The ability to invite people to your company by left clicking their name once you've searched it.

Also agree with Section Commander.
Different font is definitely needed but good effort! I really love the tool and makes life so much easier!

This is a much needed feature in my opinion and I'd love to see it added.

Fancy Sweetroll
10-01-2016, 01:45 PM
I need some input on this:

And I'm especially interested to hear what those of you who liked the old font, thinks of this one.

http://i.imgur.com/UA7f51M.jpg?1

Alexander Greene
10-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Good work guys. I really don't have that much to add except adding an option to send telegrams to those who haven't signed up with a company. I see quite a few players who haven't got a company and I would like a way to communicate with them.

Lyman Trumbull
10-01-2016, 01:49 PM
The font does look definitely cleaner, however, I am afraid that I like the previous one better :P

Fancy Sweetroll
10-01-2016, 01:51 PM
Here's another variation in italic

http://i.imgur.com/GlWRYgd.jpg?1

Fancy Sweetroll
10-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Some more examples:

http://i.imgur.com/ljWBnG2.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/Jxp17T1.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/OpOqdQi.jpg?1

Maximus Decimus Meridius
10-01-2016, 02:06 PM
I love the actual one but for longer texts its really hard to read. the 2nd one could be a option but I would like to have a fast possibility to switch between both fonts. the original one and for longer texts the 2nd one.

also I don't think it's a good idea to allow inviting like general Jackson said. it could start some misunderstanding like: you invited my recruit to your company. don't steel my members and all the other NW bullshit.

let the randoms choose their company. make a great company description etc.

maybe a filter could be added to select a specific type of companies like: reenactment like playing, historical based etc. so if someone look for a special type he can browse the tool.

it would be also cool to add pictures to the requested battle records/ stories because we write them as PDF documents with a special font and background image and we would like to add them

Maximus Decimus Meridius
10-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Wie use Blackadder ITC i think.

Maybe you want to look it

Legion
10-01-2016, 02:35 PM
I like the original font the best but the second one in italics is good also.

Also in regards to invitations I think you should add it, but you should only be able to invite people are are listed as not in a company.

Also I know I've stated this and I don't want to be a bother, but "section command" as an option in the roles menu.

Fancy Sweetroll
10-01-2016, 02:38 PM
I think we'll go with the new italic one. The old one did look nice. But was difficult to read. The new one also looks pretty good and is very easy to read.

A. P. Hill
10-01-2016, 04:59 PM
You can already search for people and companies on the homescreen. But I will be adding some filtering stuff on the ViewCompanies screen as well as search functionality in the company records as well as a soldiers service record.

Will this search function support initial company creation? (If this was covered I'm sorry, I've been away for a bit ... haven't kept up with my phone.) But lets go back to creation of a company.

When a person creates a company can the company tool search the database first to determine if that company has already been created or not and then refuse to let this individual to create a duplicate company? Say I wanted to create the 13th VA Co A. and for giggles, let's say Rithal beat me to creating the 13th VA Co A. Will the company tool recognize this as a multiple and inform me that this particular company has been taken already and list the available options in the 13th VA? Especially if say for fun, that several other members have also created other companies in the 13th VA?

Thanks.

Legion
10-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Will this search function support initial company creation? (If this was covered I'm sorry, I've been away for a bit ... haven't kept up with my phone.) But lets go back to creation of a company.

When a person creates a company can the company tool search the database first to determine if that company has already been created or not and then refuse to let this individual to create a duplicate company? Say I wanted to create the 13th VA Co A. and for giggles, let's say Rithal beat me to creating the 13th VA Co A. Will the company tool recognize this as a multiple and inform me that this particular company has been taken already and list the available options in the 13th VA? Especially if say for fun, that several other members have also created other companies in the 13th VA?

Thanks.

You can create a company even if someone else has already created it. The 1st person to get 10 members gets the company and the other person will have to change to a different company.

Once a company is claimed then no one else can create that company unless it drops below 10 members.

Fancy Sweetroll
10-01-2016, 05:07 PM
You can create a company even if someone else has already created it. The 1st person to get 10 members gets the company and the other person will have to change to a different company.

Once a company is claimed then no one else can create that company unless it drops below 10 members.

And when that particular company is claimed. The company letter will dissapear from the creation list.

When all company letters have been claimed for a regiment. The regiment will dissapear from the creation list.

When all regiments from the state have beeen claimed, the state will dissapear from the creation list.

So, pretty cool stuff if you ask me :p

Mississippi
10-01-2016, 05:18 PM

I believe the Devs said that if a claimed company drops below 5 members it would no longer be claimed.

zerosius
10-01-2016, 05:21 PM
To things i would like to see, both obviously related to artillery (sorry :rolleyes:)

1. I would love to see the introduction of the rank or role of ordnance sergeant, as it was an important job in the battery and should be represented imho.
2. Also it seems like there is no rank icon yet for the artillery private, and the corporal is somehow broken/not displayed correctly. Would love to see this fixed! :D

Edit: Thx for putting in some Artillery Avatars btw! Would love to see some more for different ranks and a little bit more variety if any of you devs feels like spending some time to render some more :D

Legion
10-01-2016, 05:24 PM
I believe the Devs said that if a claimed company drops below 5 members it would no longer be claimed.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure. I just figured since 10 men make a company claimed that less than 10 would make it unclaimed.

Hinkel
10-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Edit: Thx for putting in some Artillery Avatars btw! Would love to see some more for different ranks and a little bit more variety if any of you devs feels like spending some time to render some more :D

Artillery Avatars? There are no artillery soldiers in the Avatars. What do you mean? :eek:
There won't be any artillery uniforms until the introduction of artillery ingame.

thomas aagaard
10-01-2016, 06:26 PM
1. I would love to see the introduction of the rank or role of ordnance sergeant, as it was an important job in the battery and should be represented imho.

There where no ordnance sergeant in an artillery battery.

ordnance sergeant was a special enlistment and not a "soldier of the line" and they where paid by the Ordnance Department.

To quote Kautz's CUSTOMS OF SERVICE FOR NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICERS AND SOLDIERS

246. ORDNANCE SERGEANT.—Each military post may have an ordnance sergeant, whose
duty it is to take charge of all the surplus ordnance at the post. He is enlisted for the position and
belongs to the post, and is not removed when the troops are changed

Army regulations:
“138. When a non-commissioned officer receives the appointment of ordnance sergeant, he shall be dropped from
the rolls of the regiment or company in which he may be serving at the time.
“139. The duty of ordnance sergeants relates to the care of the ordnance, arms, ammunition and other military
stores at the post to which they may be attached, under the direction of the commanding officer, and according to the
regulations of the Ordnance Department.

The artillery battery had: (297. in Kautz)
One First Sergeant.
One Quartermaster Sergeant.
Four Sergeants.
Eight Corporals

So IF we want the none combat roles added then the Quartermaster Sergeant should be added to artillery and cavalry companies. (but not infantry)

zerosius
10-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Ehm i might be misinterpreting these, but as far as i can see there is at least a 2nd Lt as well as several enlisted men with red insignias. I thought these were used in Artillery Units? And these were not there yesterday :confused:

zerosius
10-01-2016, 06:33 PM
There where no ordnance sergeant in an artillery battery.

ordnance sergeant was a special enlistment and not a "soldier of the line" and they where paid by the Ordnance Department.

To quote Kautz's CUSTOMS OF SERVICE FOR NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICERS AND SOLDIERS

246. ORDNANCE SERGEANT.—Each military post may have an ordnance sergeant, whose
duty it is to take charge of all the surplus ordnance at the post. He is enlisted for the position and
belongs to the post, and is not removed when the troops are changed

Army regulations:
“138. When a non-commissioned officer receives the appointment of ordnance sergeant, he shall be dropped from
the rolls of the regiment or company in which he may be serving at the time.
“139. The duty of ordnance sergeants relates to the care of the ordnance, arms, ammunition and other military
stores at the post to which they may be attached, under the direction of the commanding officer, and according to the
regulations of the Ordnance Department.

The artillery battery had: (297. in Kautz)
One First Sergeant.
One Quartermaster Sergeant.
Four Sergeants.
Eight Corporals

So IF we want the none combat roles added then the Quartermaster Sergeant should be added to artillery and cavalry companies. (but not infantry)

Thx for the Info, i did not know that. Makes sense then :)

Regwilliam
10-01-2016, 06:55 PM

And I'm especially interested to hear what those of you who liked the old font, thinks of this one.

Ah shucks thanks fancy bby for using me as and example xD P.s Attendance roster would be a nice feature

Hinkel
10-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Ehm i might be misinterpreting these, but as far as i can see there is at least a 2nd Lt as well as several enlisted men with red insignias. I thought these were used in Artillery Units? And these were not there yesterday :confused:

Those are Zouave officers ;)

A. P. Hill
10-01-2016, 07:27 PM

Okay, yep, I'm having a senior moment here where CRS is affecting me terribly. I remember reading that, now that you mention it.

And when that particular company is claimed. The company letter will dissapear from the creation list.

When all company letters have been claimed for a regiment. The regiment will dissapear from the creation list.

When all regiments from the state have beeen claimed, the state will dissapear from the creation list.

So, pretty cool stuff if you ask me :p

Will we ultimately get Brigade, Division, and Corps creation capabilities in a similar fashion?

Thanks.

Hinkel
10-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Will we ultimately get Brigade, Division, and Corps creation capabilities in a similar fashion?

Thanks.

I think for Brigades and other levels we should leave the
Historical order of battle.

So different regiments can form brigades and they are not limited to the historical oob.
But thats just my view.

Fancy Sweetroll
10-01-2016, 07:34 PM

So different regiments can form brigades and they are not limited to the historical oob.
But thats just my view.

Yeah I agree. It will be kinda like alliances between regiments. But a regiment can only be formed out of companies of the same regiment of course.

Legion
10-01-2016, 07:41 PM

But thats just my view.

Good idea. But will it still be implemented in the tool so we can form said brigade?

Hinkel
10-01-2016, 08:10 PM
Good idea. But will it still be implemented in the tool so we can form said brigade?

Yes, the tool will pretty much feature everything up to the generals one day ;)
And even more.

Etherton
10-01-2016, 08:39 PM
id have to say the new font is really bad, it reminds me of comic sans, i understand its easier to read but it just is ew :c I think the italic version was better, it needs to be quite swirly really

A. P. Hill
10-01-2016, 08:42 PM

But thats just my view.

Yeah I agree. It will be kinda like alliances between regiments. But a regiment can only be formed out of companies of the same regiment of course.

I don't have an issue with your thinking on this, I understand completely.

However, I think for the sake of authenticity, there should be the ability to form exact larger formations. :)

zerosius
10-01-2016, 08:45 PM
id have to say the new font is really bad, it reminds me of comic sans, i understand its easier to read but it just is ew :c I think the italic version was better, it needs to be quite swirly really

I have to agreee, the new font is really offputting imho. Doesn't fit at all.

Legion
10-01-2016, 09:25 PM
I have to agreee, the new font is really offputting imho. Doesn't fit at all.

Agreed, I thought they were going to use the new Italic version. I liked that one.

Fancy Sweetroll
10-01-2016, 09:39 PM
As far as I can see, it is the italic version.

Legion
10-01-2016, 09:46 PM
As far as I can see, it is the italic version.

I may be mistaken then. I preferred the original. The new one just looks a little strange imo.

Fancy Sweetroll
10-01-2016, 09:52 PM
I may be mistaken then. I preferred the original. The new one just looks a little strange imo.

Perhaps if you tilt your head a little more to the right, it will look more italic? :p

Maximus Decimus Meridius
10-01-2016, 09:53 PM
whats about this one? In my opinion it's easier to read than the original one but looks also fancy(sweetroll :p)

https://www-ru.azfonts.net/fonts_images/samples/003/blackadder-itc-794-2.png

Fancy Sweetroll
10-01-2016, 09:53 PM
whats about this one? In my opinion it's easier to read than the original one but looks also fancy(sweetroll :p)

https://www-ru.azfonts.net/fonts_images/samples/003/blackadder-itc-794-2.png

Sorry, but I think it's too shaky hehe

Maximus Decimus Meridius
10-01-2016, 09:55 PM
would fit to a nervous hand after a hard battle :p

was just a sugestion

DaMonkey
10-02-2016, 12:38 AM

Well that's a big let down to hear. I thought I had read a dev say that the ability to form a non-Maryland Campaign unit would be added in later. Mind if I could get clarification? Will we be able to or not?

michaelsmithern
10-02-2016, 01:12 AM
Well that's a big let down to hear. I thought I had read a dev say that the ability to form a non-Maryland Campaign unit would be added in later. Mind if I could get clarification? Will we be able to or not?

I believe they did say this, however they did not say when. So it's possible that they could come next week or three years from now if the devs decide to make an add on that features a battle with those units

Alexander Greene
10-02-2016, 01:36 AM
Am I wrong in assuming that anyone that hasn't pledged/bought the game can reserve a company at this point? If so, is this going to change when it becomes official or no?

Dude, I have reserved a company and I don't have access to the game. I think that if the dev team did that, I would start a riot. Hopefully they don't though cuz my recruitment sergeant has worked hard to get the 15 or so members that we have right now.

Bravescot
10-02-2016, 01:54 AM
Dude, I have reserved a company and I don't have access to the game. I think that if the dev team did that, I would start a riot. Hopefully they don't though cuz my recruitment sergeant has worked hard to get the 15 or so members that we have right now.

Surprising he manged that after he quit like 4 - 5 times. Good effort to him.

General. Jackson
10-02-2016, 02:01 AM
Font could have much more work on it but its so much easier to read now, thank you fancy.

Oh and I bloody love this new filter thing!

So I agree with having Section Commander as a role, the information bit at the bottom needs some work on. Not clear enough, links need to have an underline maybe and show that they're actually clickable links.

Section Commander Role
Information Section needs work
Steam Link, ID or Name needs to be put down on the profiles in someway by the members before they enlist
Email confirmations for disbanding and handing over company because if we get hacked, their goes a company.
Ability to add commendations
Attendance checklist
Schedule an event
View group history by clicking the tab which takes you to a new page instead of having a clump below

Alexander Greene
10-02-2016, 02:09 AM
Surprising he manged that after he quit like 4 - 5 times. Good effort to him.

He never quit Bravescott. He just had to go from time to time. I give him full credit for the people he recruited out of the game. He's a good man and I like him.

DaMonkey
10-02-2016, 02:12 AM
I believe they did say this, however they did not say when. So it's possible that they could come next week or three years from now if the devs decide to make an add on that features a battle with those units

The problem is I never get a dev response when I ask for the clarification.

Rithal
10-02-2016, 02:16 AM
Is there a way to edit your nickname? If not that might be something that should be added. ;)

Bravescot
10-02-2016, 02:26 AM
Steam Link, ID or Name needs to be put down on the profiles in someway by the members before they enlist

This one would help a great deal as it allows a person to get in touch with randomers who volunteer into their Company.

Alexander Greene
10-02-2016, 02:59 AM
This one would help a great deal as it allows a person to get in touch with randomers who volunteer into their Company.

Yes! Good idea. I would love that because I'm having a hard time getting a couple randomers to join the Steam Group Page.

RhettVito
10-02-2016, 04:57 AM

I like the one one better to be honest on with the old font

TrustyJam
10-02-2016, 05:39 AM
I like the one one better to be honest on with the old font

How many long bios have you been reading with the old font?

The main thing that convinced me to go with another font was experiencing myself stopping reading some of the longer ones because I couldn't be arsed to sort through the font. Yes, I realize this one isn't as pretty or authentic feeling as the old one, but when you've got a font that stops people from wanting to read due to the hassle of having to sort through it, it's a problem.

- Trusty

RhettVito
10-02-2016, 06:01 AM
How many long bios have you been reading with the old font?

The main thing that convinced me to go with another font was experiencing myself stopping reading some of the longer ones because I couldn't be arsed to sort through the font. Yes, I realize this one isn't as pretty or authentic feeling as the old one, but when you've got a font that stops people from wanting to read due to the hassle of having to sort through it, it's a problem.

- Trusty

I have quite a few with the old one it had a better feel to it the new one is more easy to read .Yet the old one I still stay looks more time period if you ask me.

Earnest Blitchton
10-02-2016, 06:38 AM
I personally like the new font over the old one because of it's legibility. However, might I make a suggestion? Use a font like "Freestyle Script". It's pretty much basic cursive, so it does not look too artificial and it's pretty curly and realistic but it's easily legible. Also, the capital letters are neat.

VOLCUSGAMING
10-02-2016, 07:22 AM
I would like a tool to search in the avatars, by searching for a special rank.

I also can't seem to find any Artillery avaters, maybe i'm just stupid, but if there arent some of these that would be cool too.

Hinkel
10-02-2016, 08:03 AM
I would like a tool to search in the avatars, by searching for a special rank.

I also can't seem to find any Artillery avaters, maybe i'm just stupid, but if there arent some of these that would be cool too.

We already answered it some times yet ;)
There wont be any artillery avatars, as long as there are no artillery units ingame. We wont add any for a long while, so there wont be any avatars for artillery and cavalry.

Profender
10-02-2016, 09:52 AM
There wont be any artillery avatars, as long as there are no artillery units ingame. We wont add any for a long while, so there wont be any avatars for artillery and cavalry.

Hahaha yeah i think the answer should be clear for everybody now.

FakeMessiah27
10-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Avatars are based on actual in-game models so as long as there's only infantry modelled in-game there will only be infantry avatars.

On the whole fonts topic: I much prefer the new one. I agree it looks a little less authentic but I couldn't even read some of letters in the old one. Only the context of the rest of the sentence allowed me to decipher what some of the words actually were ;)

A different topic then: what exactly is the purpose of the "officer" and "NCO" role? It seems to me that if someone has the rank of, say, Sergeant then them being an NCO is implied, no need to specify it further with a role stating as much.

VOLCUSGAMING
10-02-2016, 10:17 AM

Ohh okay, now i understand. I'm sorry i didn't searched for at first...

Norwegian
10-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Hm, is it possible to change the font back to the old one?

This one looks quite bad, it honestly looks like Comic Sans or something like that. The old one looked way nicer.

BloodBeag
10-02-2016, 12:31 PM
I prefer this font a lot more because it's actually readable. The letter 'F' for example was just wierd in the other font

You could just make it an option to choose which font people preffered in some kind of settings page

Mississippi
10-02-2016, 02:13 PM
I prefer this font a lot more because it's actually readable.

Same, I much prefer the new font.

DomDowg
10-02-2016, 03:56 PM
I would like to see some changes such as the adding of District of Columbia companies there were 3 D.C. regiments at Sharpsburg. Next Delaware needs to be added there were Delaware regiments at Sharpsburg, and if I am not mistaken there was 1 Kentucky union regiment there. Also for the southern side there is no Maryland and there were 6 Maryland C.S.A artillery batteries there. It's name was the Baltimore Light Horse Artillery. And though Hinkel had fixed this but when the Company Tool first came out there was no Union Maryland Companies even though the 2nd Maryland was at the Stone Bridge and it is called the Maryland Campaign. Also add a Brigade/ Division organizer into the tool.

Viriathus
10-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Please add the 39th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, they were in the Army of the Potomac at the time, and they were the only regiment in the entire civil war to have a portuguese company! Please add it :3

DanielG453
10-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Hm, is it possible to change the font back to the old one?

This one looks quite bad; it honestly looks like Comic Sans or something like that. The old one looked way nicer.

I agree it looks like it was written by a five-year-old. The old font was least more fitting with the period. I think changing it back would be better.

Lackay
10-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Please add the 39th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, they were in the Army of the Potomac at the time, and they were the only regiment in the entire civil war to have a portuguese company! Please add it :3

If im not mistaken the regiments currently available in the game are specifically from the battle of antietam

JaegerCoyote
10-02-2016, 10:21 PM

The 39th NY will be ingame, they were part of the Harpers Ferry garrison.

Killobytes
10-03-2016, 02:55 AM
If im not mistaken the regiments currently available in the game are specifically from the battle of antietam

I thought that it was regiments that fought in the whole Maryland campaign, since the game is gonna have Harper's Ferry, South Mountain, and Antietam

michaelsmithern
10-03-2016, 03:59 AM
I thought that it was regiments that fought in the whole Maryland campaign, since the game is gonna have Harper's Ferry, South Mountain, and Antietam

you are correct Killobytes, I don't know how people still get this mixed up though, the developers have only said it twelve thousand times

Viriathus
10-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Can't wait to play as the 39th NY :D

Potus
10-04-2016, 07:56 AM
Option to remove old telegrams please :)

Challis89
10-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Afternoon devs. got a small suggestion and apologies if it's been asked. Will it be possible to have an email notification to the command team when someone applies to the company.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
10-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Afternoon devs. got a small suggestion and apologies if it's been asked. Will it be possible to have an email notification to the command team when someone applies to the company.

I get emails. maybe you have to edit your minimal staff rank.

but I would like to get emails when somebody leave

Tavi
10-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Hi folks! I'm currently at work and with very little signal so i haven't been able to search through to see if anyone has already suggested it.

When you accept an enlistment into your company and then go to promote them and assign them a role e.t.c, they have to be done individually one after the other so, promote, then assign a duty, then a platoon. Would it be possible to implement it so when we're making changes we can select what we want for each section and then confirm all three at once?

It's nothing major obviously but i found when administrating our company it was a little slower to do than it necessarily could be.

Thanks

Lance Rawlings
10-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Hi folks! I'm currently at work and with very little signal so i haven't been able to search through to see if anyone has already suggested it.

When you accept an enlistment into your company and then go to promote them and assign them a role e.t.c, they have to be done individually one after the other so, promote, then assign a duty, then a platoon. Would it be possible to implement it so when we're making changes we can select what we want for each section and then confirm all three at once?

It's nothing major obviously but i found when administrating our company it was a little slower to do than it necessarily could be.

Thanks

Very much agreed. Great suggestion, Tavi!

Maximus Decimus Meridius
10-04-2016, 04:06 PM
ok we collected some ideas in my company

a email for the staff if somebody leave the company
"are you sure?" for important decisions
for the requested company battle record: it would be nice if we could upload images or pdf documents
a pop up for the volunteer after he applied. The pop up tells the volunteer what he has to do like: join TS, add XY on steam etc
a table which is only visible for the staff for administrative reasons. example below.

historical Name
Nickname
Rank
Steamlink
checkbox active
notes
maybe realname or Platoon

Paul Frank
Maximus Decimus Mer
Captain
-steamlink-
active
brave leader ^^
Company staff

Challis89
10-04-2016, 04:08 PM
I get emails. maybe you have to edit your minimal staff rank.

but I would like to get emails when somebody leave

Ah i see well i'll try and convince more guys to try the tool rather than wait for release. I know when the other person joined i didnt get a mail. I'll do as you say and look deeper in the options.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
10-04-2016, 04:56 PM
ok we collected some ideas in my company

a email for the staff if somebody leave the company
"are you sure?" for important decisions
for the requested company battle record: it would be nice if we could upload images or pdf documents
a pop up for the volunteer after he applied. The pop up tells the volunteer what he has to do like: join TS, add XY on steam etc
a table which is only visible for the staff for administrative reasons. example below.

historical Name
Nickname
Rank
Steamlink
checkbox active
notes
maybe realname or Platoon

Paul Frank
Maximus Decimus Mer
Captain
-steamlink-
active
brave leader ^^
Company staff

finished my editing ^^

Ah i see well i'll try and convince more guys to try the tool rather than wait for release. I know when the other person joined i didnt get a mail. I'll do as you say and look deeper in the options.

maybe. Are you the founder?

Wildcat
10-04-2016, 09:50 PM
maybe something that when you sign up forces you to add your steam? Would be nice because our company has two people in it and no one knows who they are, We sent telegraphs, Looked on the forums for them and on steam but still can't find out who on earth they are, So it would be nice if you're forced to add your steam so we can see who they are.

Lance Rawlings
10-04-2016, 09:57 PM
maybe something that when you sign up forces you to add your steam? Would be nice because our company has two people in it and no one knows who they are, We sent telegraphs, Looked on the forums for them and on steam but still can't find out who on earth they are, So it would be nice if you're forced to add your steam so we can see who they are.

Yeah, or at least a forum profile link would be awesome

Legion
10-04-2016, 10:19 PM

Agreed. Your steam profile should just be in the corner of your enlistment papers or something.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
10-05-2016, 06:41 AM

Same here.
that's why I want a pop up with a to do list

Profender
10-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Personal diary with option to share with members in your company, for the reen-actors out there. To report and share the hard fought battles.
Not something I would do but something I would read for sure. Few members in my company who are into writing, as if they where in that time.

Seems like a thing to have, since soldiers kept diaries during the war during the long waits between the battles.

FakeMessiah27
10-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Maximus' admin section table idea sounds amazing, I'll second that!

GeneralSquirts
10-05-2016, 07:05 PM
True. So far the response from all of you developers is great! Thank you guys for your work. I love a team that's so responsive with their base. As for perhaps another idea to add, I liked some of the addition of administrative abilities that could be added mentioned above. Perhaps make it so additional officer ranks could also gain some administrative powers on the company page since companies will most likely have many officers and letting the entire officer corps have the ability to edit/accept individuals will be very important in the future.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
10-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Maximus' admin section table idea sounds amazing, I'll second that!

i just thought about what third party tools i use to administrate my company and so i got the next idea :p

It would be great to have a calendar where i can plan our events. Every member get a message that they can attend. (maybe you can choose between: staff, all platoon) Then the member open the site with the calendar, clicks on the event and can set a status: will attend, will join later (minutes), can participate plus reasons.

would be really great and would have better features than a steam group, in my eyes.

On this point after I wrote so many suggestions i think i have to say again:

I love this tool and it's really really great! Great work!

GeneralSquirts
10-05-2016, 07:18 PM
i just thought about what third party tools i use to administrate my company and so i got the next idea :p

It would be great to have a calendar where i can plan our events. Every member get a message that they can attend. (maybe you can choose between: staff, all platoon) Then the member open the site with the calendar, clicks on the event and can set a status: will attend, will join later (minutes), can participate plus reasons.

would be really great and would have better features than a steam group, in my eyes.

On this point after I wrote so many suggestions i think i have to say again:

I love this tool and it's really really great! Great work!

Absolutely, being able to incorporate a scheduling system as well as an attendance system would be very appreciated.

Norwegian
10-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Would it be possible to add a feature so that we can see who we have sent telegrams to?

And also - would it be possible to add a feature to merge two companies together if the two commanding officers wish to do so?

Karth
10-07-2016, 03:54 AM
Hey, not too familiar, but if there isnt a way already, can there be a way for someone to own multiple companies? Thanks

Legion
10-07-2016, 04:53 AM
Hey, not too familiar, but if there isnt a way already, can there be a way for someone to own multiple companies? Thanks

No. You can only own one company at a time. You can be in command of multiple companies though if you get others to cooperate or have enough people to branch off into another company.

FakeMessiah27
10-07-2016, 09:30 AM

The devs said they do plan to add features such as Battalions and such later on but the release date on such features at the moment is still just "Soon™".

Conway
10-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Please for the love of god add that extra notification before you leave your company or discharge someone.

Challis89
10-07-2016, 06:25 PM
finished my editing ^^

maybe. Are you the founder?

Apologies forgot to check this thread for a reply. Yup i'm the founder and will be when its out proper easier for doing the admin duties for the captain haha

I do like your ideas above and will throw my meagre backing behind them. did they have medals or commendations back then for bravery and good shooting? I know you can make reference in there personal file but be good for a medal to appear perhaps?

Also the fella that asked for a diary section? I would wholeheartedly use that be great to record good fights and other moments worthy of note.

Killobytes
10-07-2016, 10:01 PM
How about on the company options, there is a dedicated slot to stating what region the company is in, for example if it's primarily an NA company, it could say NA, EU, EU/AU somewhere on the page so it's obvious and you don't need to read through the BIO

That could also be extended to the company search criteria like State and branch

Killobytes
10-08-2016, 01:25 AM
Another idea is for company administrators to be able to delete items in the Company Records, so we can remove all of the clutter of people being promoted to private and assigned roles in the history, and just display important things

JB Gordon
10-08-2016, 03:49 AM
Please make more avatars to show Artillery and cavalry....

Hinkel
10-08-2016, 06:53 AM
Please make more avatars to show Artillery and cavalry....

There won't be any avatars for them, until we added them to the game. So you have to wait a long while, cause artillery and cavalry will be added at a very late point of the development.

Fairas
10-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Please make more Ranks, like Quartermaster Sergeant ;)

Wildcat
10-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Please make more Ranks, like Quartermaster Sergeant ;)

Companies didn't have quartermaster sergeants. All ranks are the only ranks used within companies.

Bravescot
10-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Please for the love of god add that extra notification before you leave your company or discharge someone.
We have already had a few mistaken clicks happen!

Challis89
10-08-2016, 03:14 PM
We have already had a few mistaken clicks happen!

Yes mistaken :P

Killobytes
10-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Maybe add an apostrophe after someone's name when their role is changed

E.G. "John Smith's Role was changed..."
rather than the current "John Smiths role was changed..."

http://i.imgur.com/iphmHBg.png

Tavi
10-09-2016, 11:01 PM
Being able to see who has actually made changes to the company in the records would be useful so we know who has promoted someone, assigned a role e.t.c

TrustyJam
10-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Being able to see who has actually made changes to the company in the records would be useful so we know who has promoted someone, assigned a role e.t.c

Excellent suggestion.

- Trusty

Fancy Sweetroll
10-09-2016, 11:23 PM

Aaaaand it should be working now :)

John Ricketts
10-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Aaaaand it should be working now :)

We've been working on WoR for over 4 years now and we have seen how our methodical workflow has done the game good.
- Trusty

What happened to this! ;) Great job Campfire!

Conway
10-10-2016, 03:43 AM
Companies didn't have quartermaster sergeants. All ranks are the only ranks used within companies.

There where Company-Quartermaster-Sergeants

Legion
10-10-2016, 04:15 AM
There where Company-Quartermaster-Sergeants

Not gonna start anything hear but this was discussed and argued over alot in an earlier thread. Only Cav co. had them (maybe arty, not sure) Infantry did not have them.

thomas aagaard
10-10-2016, 04:56 AM
As Legion mention, this have been debated a number of times.

An artillery company had One Quartermaster Sergeant.
Cavalry companies had both One Quartermaster Sergeant and One Commissary Sergeant.

Infantry and engineer companies did not have any of the two.

This is what you find in the period sources.
(from Kautzs book "The compnay clerk")

The following are the organizations as allowed by existing laws (see Gen. Orders No
126, 1862, and Act March 3, 1863, sec. 37) :—
Company of Infantry.
1 Captain, 4 Sergeants,
1 First Lieutenant, 8 Corporals,
1 Second Lieutenant, 2 Musicians,
1 First Sergeant, 1 "Wagoner,
( 64 Privates—minimum. \ 82 Privates—maximum.

BloodBeag
10-10-2016, 10:00 AM
i thought i remember someone saying these ranks like wagoner or quartermaster sergeant were non-combat roles so if someones had that rank they wouldn't actually be in the game

General. Jackson
10-10-2016, 11:18 AM
C'mon guys, keep it On Topic.

Hinkel
10-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Quartermaster Sergeants will be added with the battalion level.

Locke1740
10-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Just something i noticed, Palmetto Sharpshooters were classified as Virginians and not as South Carolinians. And the 4th SC Battalion should be Infantry not special units.

Hinkel
10-10-2016, 04:48 PM
And the 4th SC Battalion should be Infantry not special units.

Since the Battalion is not the 4th South Carolina Infantry, it has to be in the Special Unit tab. As you can see, all Battalions are listed there, due to the fact that its not possible to have them in the Infantry Tab ;)

Legion
10-10-2016, 10:46 PM
Please add so that you can pick the 15th Wisconsin when you create a regiment.

Thanks.

They didn't serve in the Maryland Campaign, thats why they are not in the tool.

ImperfectPK
10-11-2016, 12:30 AM
Will there be any more Companies added? Cause I was trying to find the 8th Mississippi Company I Infantry and it was not listed. Since that is the company I have ancestry in.

Thanks

Legion
10-11-2016, 01:15 AM
Will there be any more Companies added? Cause I was trying to find the 8th Mississippi Company I Infantry and it was not listed. Since that is the company I have ancestry in.

Thanks

Only units that were in the Maryland Campaign will be in the tool.

Locke1740
10-11-2016, 01:40 AM
Since the Battalion is not the 4th South Carolina Infantry, it has to be in the Special Unit tab. As you can see, all Battalions are listed there, due to the fact that its not possible to have them in the Infantry Tab ;)

Alright I'm fine with that! I was truly just worried about the Palmetto Sharpshooters being classified as Virginians.

Painmace
10-11-2016, 09:14 AM
With this new addition of seeing who does what.
It would be nice to see who accept or reject volunteers as well :)

Challis89
10-11-2016, 09:28 AM
With this new addition of seeing who dows what.
It would be nice to see who accept or reject volunteers as well :)

I have to disagree I'm afraid that kind of thing can lead to problems especially if people think they have been discriminateed against they will look at who's been rejected and may come to the wrong conclusions.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
10-11-2016, 09:30 AM
Maybe only visible for the staff or members

MadWolf
10-11-2016, 09:58 AM
I agree with Challis89 and with Maximus.

If you are for some reason not accept and are able to see who did it that than can lead to bad blood (not always of course).
But Staff should be able to see who did accept or reject volunteers.

Norwegian
10-11-2016, 02:57 PM
I fully agree with what's been said above.

Would be nice if only the staff could see who accepted or rejected volunteers.

Painmace
10-11-2016, 05:32 PM
I reject and accept more or less 95% off all enlistments for the 32nd. I dont understand how you can even be "afraid" of the people you reject, and if that person will be a douche bag about it then I would consider rejecting the person in the first place an even a smarter idea.

All in all, I want to be able to be informed and I want to know if someone in my staff is doing a good/bad job (and if needed I can correct them). Especially when it comes to enlistments as that is the bread and butter in these games.

General. Jackson
10-11-2016, 09:56 PM
G'day,

Now all I ask from the WoR's CT Devs is for a reply button on the telegrams because I can't just reply back with 4-5 telegrams sitting in my inbox.

ImperfectPK
10-12-2016, 10:20 PM
Only units that were in the Maryland Campaign will be in the tool.

Thanks. Little Disappointed But still cool Thanks.

Tenford
10-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Would be nice if we could form a battalion or brigade with other companies

Hinkel
10-13-2016, 11:55 AM
Would be nice if we could form a battalion or brigade with other companies

This is planned for the later steps in the following months.

Lance Rawlings
10-13-2016, 03:10 PM
This is planned for the later steps in the following months.

Awesome!

Painmace
10-15-2016, 12:02 AM
Why are there 2 different buttons that take you to basically the same thing but different views from it? Cant there just be 1 button that allows me to see the same thing?

Legion
10-15-2016, 12:45 AM
Why are there 2 different buttons that take you to basically the same thing but different views from it? Cant there just be 1 button that allows me to see the same thing?

One is your character profile, the other is like a main menu.

Painmace
10-15-2016, 03:11 AM
One is your character profile, the other is like a main menu.

Still dont see why it has to be 2 different buttons/pages

John Ricketts
10-15-2016, 03:27 AM
Still dont see why it has to be 2 different buttons/pages

You can't see that the the 2 pages show totally different info? One page is the Main menu of the company tool and shows info like the number of USA and CSA companies and the total number of enlistees for each etc. And the other page is your personal page with your service record and personal links that pertain to your soldier! It seems clear as a bell to me.

Legion
10-15-2016, 04:53 AM
You can't see that the the 2 pages show totally different info? One page is the Main menu of the company tool and shows info like the number of USA and CSA companies and the total number of enlistees for each etc. And the other page is your personal page with your service record and personal links that pertain to your soldier! It seems clear as a bell to me.

^This.

There are two separate buttons because there are two separate pages with different information. The main menu is used to get to your company page, the company list, your profile, to search players/ companies, etc.

Your profile page is just to look/edit your profile or get back to your company page.

There's a reason it is the way it is.

Painmace
10-15-2016, 03:00 PM
You don't seem to understand what I'am asking.

Why cant all this information just be found on one page/button, so its all combined. I'm not blind, I can obviously see that it show different information, but I like it to be combined on one place instead of having to multiple clicks to see it all.

James_McKen
10-17-2016, 11:31 PM
Suggestion: For roles could we have recruiter for a role. Think this could benefit regiments with a Sgt whose primary job is recruitment or such things. Could also make Senior privates feel more achieved if they have the recruiter role.

Fancy Sweetroll
10-18-2016, 07:28 AM
As the others have ponted out. The Profile page is purely about your own soldier. The main page gives you a quick overview of various things inside the Company Tool. More features and small items/details will be added to each page as the Company Tool grows in functionality. So combining them right now would end up making the page massively huge and unorganized.

John Ricketts
10-18-2016, 07:56 AM

Why cant all this information just be found on one page/button, so its all combined. I'm not blind, I can obviously see that it show different information, but I like it to be combined on one place instead of having to multiple clicks to see it all.

For the same reason that we have separate threads on this forum instead of one big long cluster f**k of a thread.

michaelsmithern
10-18-2016, 07:54 PM

we can't just clutter it all together, this gives it the nice appearance of a clean profile page to see all(if any) achievements or notes from previous commanders. plus why would you want to see the the newest members and the number of companies on a profile page?

Johnny_Reb_1865
10-18-2016, 09:07 PM
The option to reply to messages without looking up the sender?

Alexander Greene
10-18-2016, 11:16 PM
Can you guys somehow implement destructible terrain? I think it would be cool to have a cannon ball explode on the ground or ricochet off it and see the skid or crater for a little while

Lance Rawlings
10-19-2016, 01:30 AM
Can you guys somehow implement destructible terrain? I think it would be cool to have a cannon ball explode on the ground or ricochet off it and see the skid or crater for a little while

That would be awesome! But I think this thread is just for the CT. :)

zerosius
10-19-2016, 08:42 PM

Good Idea, but wrong Thread mate. This is just for suggestions concerning the Company Tool directly.

1SGT Shannon
10-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Has there been any thought to making recruits searchable according to their allegiance? I'd like to search for Confederate recruits without having to wade through Union ones as well. Also, when I view a recruits enlistment papers, I'd like to go back on the list to the point that I left off, not the beginning again.

A. P. Hill
10-20-2016, 10:46 PM
Am I missing something, or is there no "Reply" button or "Delete" button on the company tool? Especially with regard to telegrams.

~Carson~
10-20-2016, 11:56 PM
It would be great if we could have the ability to change our company name, state, branch ect. so if we didn't like our name, it could be changed easily.

Legion
10-21-2016, 12:05 AM
It would be great if we could have the ability to change our company name, state, branch ect. so if we didn't like our name, it could be changed easily.

Just switch companies if you wanna change your name.

Lance Rawlings
10-21-2016, 04:05 AM
Am I missing something, or is there no "Reply" button or "Delete" button on the company tool? Especially with regard to telegrams.

No, you're not missing anything. There are none. Hopefully they will be implemented soon.

A. P. Hill
10-21-2016, 10:40 PM
How about a way to view formed company information without having to go through the steps now required.

William F. Randolph
10-22-2016, 02:25 AM
The options button next to my men's names are off-kilter, and my name and company are sitting below the black line that was supposed to lay right underneath it.

Fancy Sweetroll
10-22-2016, 08:01 AM
The options button next to my men's names are off-kilter, and my name and company are sitting below the black line that was supposed to lay right underneath it.

Show a screenshot

William F. Randolph
10-24-2016, 01:06 AM
The off kilter issue seems to have magically been resolved, however this is the issue I am having with the name
https://gyazo.com/174e4e30cbd82bf4d5beadff839604c1

Locke1740
10-24-2016, 02:24 AM
Still wishing to see the Palmetto Sharpshooters returned to their actual state

Colum O'Brien
11-02-2016, 10:19 PM
My wish list would be a way to advertise you company based on area (eg EU, UK, AU, NA). This was I would know which companies are in my time zone. One of the many reasons (apart from a big fascination and experience with the arty) I made my own company was because it was hard to see which companies had manky UK/Eu players. As far as I knew I am the only UK based Arty on Union.

Etherton
11-03-2016, 10:30 AM
My wish list would be a way to advertise you company based on area (eg EU, UK, AU, NA). This was I would know which companies are in my time zone. One of the many reasons (apart from a big fascination and experience with the arty) I made my own company was because it was hard to see which companies had manky UK/Eu players. As far as I knew I am the only UK based Arty on Union.

You could write this in your bio if required. But I get what you mean, would be nice to see it on the main company list. Perhaps a little flag or something showing they nations are covered

A. P. Hill
11-03-2016, 12:30 PM
The ability to delete your own companies single users created either in error, or lack of response and interest by others.

Hatchmo
11-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Still wishing to see the Palmetto Sharpshooters returned to their actual state

I'm with Locke on this one. Why are the Palmetto Sharpshooters listed under Virginia? That is a South Carolina (the Palmetto State) regiment.

https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Palmetto_Sharpshooters_Regiment,_South_Carolina_(J enkins%27)_(1st_Palmetto)

Richtbaron
11-03-2016, 05:49 PM
I hope, I can find the right unit here....

Colum O'Brien
11-06-2016, 11:17 PM
I don't know if this is historically accurate but how about assigning people to specific guns for arty?

A. P. Hill
11-07-2016, 02:14 AM
I don't know if this is historically accurate but how about assigning people to specific guns for arty?

It is historically recorded as to what artillery battery used what guns. I am certain that the developers will adhere to that historically correct record.

General. Jackson
11-07-2016, 04:37 AM
He's more talking about players who are designated to use that gun like we use platoons I think Hill.

Colum O'Brien
11-07-2016, 11:53 AM
I'll go into more detail to make it clear for you guys and also incorporate your ideas (because I like them).
First, my idea: Historically my Company would have four six-pounder James guns. In my Company tool I would like these four guns to be listed and under them I can assign specifically who I want to man the guns. So if I had 5 people as minimum for a gun working, I would name them the number 1 man, 2 man... These would be given specific roles while on the field. The guns would be listed very much the same way the word "soldier" is currently listed with the men underneath. It would also be nice if you could add guns to the maximum of what your battery was allowed. So it starts with one because you don't physically have the men but you can add them like platoons to the roster.

A.P. Hill Idea: If I understand your idea correctly I really like this idea. Basically this would be a change the the company tool and the way the game works. You would only be allowed to select the guns your company used at the time both in game and on the company list.

I understand arty is a way off but it's just something for the devs to think about, hope this post cleared things up.

A. P. Hill
11-07-2016, 01:50 PM
He's more talking about players who are designated to use that gun like we use platoons I think Hill.

Okay, I can accept that. My apologies. I guess I didn't read it to that depth, but I absolutely agree. Artillery units should be assigned per gun platoon, where 1 gun, its attendant equipment, horses, and men make up the unit.

Union batteries would have 6 gun platoons, where the Confederate batteries will usually have 4 gun platoons, but,only when the unit has the manpower to justify multiple guns.

Colum O'Brien
11-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Okay, I can accept that. My apologies. I guess I didn't read it to that depth, but I absolutely agree. Artillery units should be assigned per gun platoon, where 1 gun, its attendant equipment, horses, and men make up the unit.

Union batteries would have 6 gun platoons, where the Confederate batteries will usually have 4 gun platoons, but,only when the unit has the manpower to justify multiple guns.

Don't worry, glad you like the idea and glad your idea was cool as well. My Company Historically only had 4 Guns so I think I would always limit myself there but I am wanting to be a smaller Company with only about 10-20 people (best for artillery). On a side note, I wonder if they will change the size limit of companies that are official formed depending on what they do. An Artillery group could just run 1 gun with 5 men and want to keep it at that although officially (historically) a Arty Battery can have like 140 units including officers.

zerosius
11-07-2016, 11:34 PM
Hello there!

I recently did some more research on the historical Ranks and Responsibillites in an artillery battery.
Since i think, they are not very well represented in the company tool at the moment, i compiled a list with more accurate available ranks and roles to be added/changed in the company tool.
This includes the renaming of certain positions as well as the addition of important roles for the battery structure, such as the chief of the piece. Most of the information is very well presented here (http://www.batteryi.org/ranks), with just a few minor adjustments on my side to make it fit better in the company tool/game environment.

I marked the noncombat/mostly noncombat roles in italic, although i still think they should be added, at the very least the Orderly Sergeant instad of the Adjutant role, as well as the Battery Quartermaster Sergeant. The many very specialized private roles are not a must, but honestly i see no reason to not give us the option to give these ranks out :)

Also, i hope that the Roster will be able to be adjusted to follow the proper naming/organization descriptions. That means renaming the Roster to "Battery Roster", the Company Staff Section to "Battery Staff", the Platoons to "Sections", and to furthermore add 3 Sections to sort soldiers into, since the 6 gun/3 section battery was the most common to be found, at least in the north, and for field artillery. Also, if the devs intend to add further divisions, like Sections and or Squads for Infantry, it would be cool to see the subdivision of "Piece" added to the Battery Roster.

I hope the devs will put some time into fixing that up for us few artillerists out there :P

Best Greetings,

Cpt. William Hexamer aka. zerosius

Captain

Battery Command

1st Lieutenant

Section Chief - Instead of Section Command

2nd Lieutenant

Section Chief - Instead of Section Command

1st Sergeant

Orderly Sergeant - Instead of Adjutant/Drill Sergeant

Quartermaster Sergeant

Battery Quartermaster Sergeant

Sergeant

Chief of the Piece

Corporal

Gunner
Chief of Caisson

Private

Cannoneers - Instead of Gun Crew/Loader

Driver
Wagoner
Artificer
Farrier
Pioneer

Bugler
Drummer

Chaplain
Cook
Courier
Guidon

Delete the Generic Officer, NCO Roles

Colum O'Brien
11-08-2016, 06:41 PM
I love you! Amazing work!

General. Jackson
11-27-2016, 08:49 PM
I request the following when you have the time sir,

Allow adding of player steam account in a contact details section. It's very difficult to see who is who, where they came from and why they are wanting to enlist with your company.Putting it in the bio doesn't help as players don't know to do it where clearly labeling it, encourages uses to add a steam ID or link.

The ability to change name at Company Commanders approval. The approval of the commander is to make sure he knows who is wanting to change names without waking up and seeing a list of randoms he doesn't know. It should also have a list of his past alias's.

The ability to collect the companies into a regiment and form a brigade of some sought with Artillery Companies and such.

Future Updates:

Link Company Tool username, tags, rank with player in-game instead of changing steam usernames and such.

Bravescot
11-27-2016, 08:53 PM
I request the following when you have the time sir

I'd strongly reconsider your wording there buddy.

General. Jackson
11-27-2016, 09:02 PM
I was politely asking him, I even called him sir, what are you on about Brave? Stop nit picking at little things, It wasn't rude, I'm sorry I didnt use please nor thank you. I called him sir and there's not much difference between request and ask. Don't berate me into an argument and ban me for being annoyed that you're nit picking at little posts mate.