PDA

View Full Version : *priorities*

Archduke
10-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Alright, so in this post I want to address the priorities that the devs and community should focus more on.

Current Problems
Right now, the alpha is in an extremely early stage in its development. However, as it goes on, it appears more apparent that the release of the game is far from soon. I'm having problems reloading, rendering, my FPS are at an all time low, and the game is plagued with glitches. That being said, I do understand that it is very early in development, but the alpha is so bare-bones right now even without the glitches. It's years behind schedule.

Priorities
From my experience with this community so far, many people seem to be more focused on perfectionism in small mechanics rather than core mechanics. For example, I saw a post saying that the reload animation was wrong, where the author of the post detailed how the ramrod animation should last 3.51 seconds rather than 3.5 and how your feet should be facing 52.36 degrees or something. Focusing on aspects like this should not be a focus. Tweaking like this shouldn't be a focus right now.

Ideal Priorities
In this section, I will list aspects of this game specifically by importance.
1. CORE Features - Reloading, running, MELEE (Which is shit atm), etc.
2. Optimization - Optimization is paramount to the success of this game. The better the optimization, the bigger the community, and the better the game.
3. Player count - BIG servers, hopefully this will come with release, and hopefully release isn't in 10 years
4. Expanded features - Cav, arty, new uniforms/weapons, etc.
5. Tweaking things to perfection - What I talked about before.

Summary
In the end, I want the devs to focus more on making the game functional and fun rather than having it be perfectly historically accurate by the spec of dust. Please don't mess up this game, it's one of a kind.

FakeMessiah27
10-09-2016, 09:31 PM
I agree that things like fine tuning animations and tweaking those sort of things, should not be a priority but I wouldn't say the game is years behind schedule. In fact, we don't even know the schedule. But it's still a technical alpha, barely more than a proof of concept. People do tend to mistake the current state of the game as being, well, a game. It isn't, it's one big test.

But again, I do firmly agree that core features should be focused on first.

TrustyJam
10-09-2016, 09:46 PM
"1. CORE Features - Reloading, running, MELEE (Which is shit atm), etc."

I thought you just told us to not focus on tweaking animations?

You will get a better understanding of our priorities when the next field report releases - it's quite a ways from focusing on the same stuff over and over again, to put it mildly.

Thank you for your input though!

- Trusty

MattBlueshift
10-09-2016, 11:13 PM
"1. CORE Features - Reloading, running, MELEE (Which is shit atm), etc."

I thought you just told us to not focus on tweaking animations?

You will get a better understanding of our priorities when the next field report releases - it's quite a ways from focusing on the same stuff over and over again, to put it mildly.

Thank you for your input though!

- Trusty

When will it release?

TrustyJam
10-09-2016, 11:14 PM
When will it release?

When it is ready.

- Trusty

csheffield1
10-09-2016, 11:29 PM
When it is ready.

- Trusty

Pure Savagery... I felt that all the way from Denmark to Texas, I'm hurting and it wasn't even directed at me.

TrustyJam
10-09-2016, 11:36 PM
Pure Savagery... I felt that all the way from Denmark to Texas, I'm hurting and it wasn't even directed at me.

We're hard at work on it. :)

- Trusty

John Ricketts
10-10-2016, 12:12 AM
We're hard at work on it. :)

- Trusty

I take it that you all have full time day jobs and that this project is being worked on "on the side"?

TrustyJam
10-10-2016, 12:21 AM
I take it that you all have full time day jobs and that this project is being worked on "on the side"?

Uhm, no lol. We have some part time workers simply due to the size of our budget and some very much full time workers (myself included) who are working 7 days a week (writing to you from our office at 02:20 local time a sunday night). I'm a bit sad you would even think so in the first place actually. :p

I'd be interested to know what made you think that this is some "on the side" kind of project? That is probably one of the least flattering descriptions I've heard in a while and would like to make sure others don't feel that way about it.

- Trusty

John Ricketts
10-10-2016, 12:28 AM
Uhm, no lol. We have some part time workers simply due to the size of our budget and some very much full time workers (myself included) who are working 7 days a week (writing to you from our office at 02:20 local time a sunday night). I'm a bit sad you would even think so in the first place actually. :p

- Trusty

Sorry:o

Wildcat
10-10-2016, 04:22 AM
this thread is cringe.

The priorities are fixing the stuff already in the game, And im 99% sure by what has been said these bugs and problems that are currently in the game will be adressed in the next update/field report.

Also the game isn't in alpha it is in tech-alpha, And im pretty sure that means the game is in alpha of the alpha so you can't expect it to be an amazingly well running game with every bug fixed and every feature added ect. Most games at this stage won't even let you play it.

VOLCUSGAMING
10-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Optimization - Optimization is paramount to the success of this game. The better the optimization, the bigger the community, and the better the game.

So i would would LOVE more optimization! (I have a crap FPS)

But the thing is that considering the fact that it's only tech-alpha, it's actually pretty well-optimized!

PS: I'm sorry my sentence didn't made sense. :P

Hinkel
10-10-2016, 03:49 PM
So i would would LOVE more optimization! (I have a crap FPS)

But the thing is that considering the fact that it's only tech-alpha, it's actually pretty well-optimized!

PS: I'm sorry my sentence didn't made sense. :P

It mostly depends on your System Specs.
What PC do you have? CPU and Graphic Card?

VOLCUSGAMING
10-10-2016, 06:36 PM
It mostly depends on your System Specs.
What PC do you have? CPU and Graphic Card?

I know it depends on the system, and i know that if you have a good pc it can work pretty good.
I don't remember my specs but i know that i have a crappy gpu. (It's a matter of time before it dies :P )
I'm just pointing out that it needs optimization before it's "ready for the market", but it's tech-alpha, and the game is suprisingly well optimized considering that...

GeneralSquirts
10-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Will probably be about a year until we see a true finished product.

VOLCUSGAMING
10-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Will probably be about a year until we see a true finished product.

At least... I'm afraid it will be more... But then it will be a great quality game!