PDA

View Full Version : Expansion of the tactical view Soldier ID

MK81
10-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Some of the WoR’s games have changed their Steam Profile names to include their Company IDs, for example:

[99ZZ]PVT******

Whilst I think this is a really good idea, have the CFG Team thought about adding to the tactical view soldier IDs?
J
ust a thought, will this or could this eventually be linked to the Company Tool in some fashion for those that use it to display the info? Maybe use images for the rank and if a Company wish to do so add a Company flag to their Company in the Company Tool and also see that above the ID?

People that are using the above ID system are finding it hard to see soldier’s names due to the limited characters. Once people get into the melee, even with slightly differing uniforms don’t know who is from which Company. I know that this could be argued that in reality the chaos of war could also cause confusion, but I’d like to think this may compensate for the other features that virtual reality can’t supply.

My idea might not be the right one or achievable, but I think it would help people going forward. Once, again if this has been discussed previously, please let me know and I'll close this thread myself.

TrustyJam
10-17-2016, 02:15 PM
There'll be longer nametags available in the next update of the technical alpha.

- Trusty

RhettVito
10-18-2016, 06:22 AM
There'll be longer nametags available in the next update of the technical alpha.

- Trusty

Thanks !

MK81
10-18-2016, 11:06 AM

- Trusty

Hey Trusty,

Great, is there any info that you could supply as to how this will be implemented? Could be visually challenging if the longer ID's were strung out horizontally on one line above a soldier and people were filed up or in large columns.

I realise that my idea above might not be possible (or worthwhile) regarding the linked Company Tool elements, but could we eventually see selected rank identifiers that correspond with the Company Tool listed ranks displayed above our personal profile names? Possibly selectable whilst choosing the soldier class. This would enable people to strip the rank details from their Steam profile IDs at the very least.

Thanks for getting back to this thread.

MK81
10-24-2016, 11:05 AM
October 2016 update included the comment by Trusty above, closing thread.