PDA

View Full Version : Company Tool Artillery Batterys Platoons

Rainbow_Flyer
04-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Hello, Thomas H. Bates Officer Of The 1st New York Battery A Here, I Have A Question About The Company Tools Platoon System For Artillery. As Of Now, Every Company, Of Any Class, Has 2 Platoons And One Company Staff, But For Artillery They Would Have As Many Platoons As Guns They Would Had (The 1st New York Had 4 Platoons, But Bigger Batteries Would Have Up To 6, Mainly Union). My Suggestion Would Be Is There Is A Setting For Artillery Batters To Choose How Many Platoons They Would Want To Help Make It More Organized.

I Would Like To Hear Yall's Opinion About The Topic.

Dman979
04-03-2017, 10:39 PM
I do believe that the Company Tool is only set up for infantry companies right now. I'm sure that will change in the future.
Best,
Dman979

Gman101512
04-03-2017, 10:42 PM
I think we should also have quartermaster ranks and guard roles, and oh god more please...I need help... etc.
-Brevet 2nd Lieutenant First Battery Quartermaster Sergeant Gawain A. Davis III of 1st New York Company A

VOLCUSGAMING
04-04-2017, 08:29 AM
Hello, Thomas H. Bates Officer Of The 1st New York Battery A Here, I Have A Question About The Company Tools Platoon System For Artillery. As Of Now, Every Company, Of Any Class, Has 2 Platoons And One Company Staff, But For Artillery They Would Have As Many Platoons As Guns They Would Had (The 1st New York Had 4 Platoons, But Bigger Batteries Would Have Up To 6, Mainly Union). My Suggestion Would Be Is There Is A Setting For Artillery Batters To Choose How Many Platoons They Would Want To Help Make It More Organized.

I Would Like To Hear Yall's Opinion About The Topic.

The devs have already stated, that this feature will come when the arty part is added to the game.
Also i think a battery (Union) would have 3 pieces (Same as a section) each led by a first or second lieutenant. A piece would have two canons, each commanded by a sergeant. Under the sergeants comand there would be two corporals ( a junior and a senior). The senior corporal would be in charge of the canon itself, and the junior would be in charge of the equipment.

A. P. Hill
04-04-2017, 01:44 PM

If it still works I suggest you compare your notes with this Union Battery Organization Chart (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?992-Artillery-Companies&p=31464&viewfull=1#post31464) I posted a while back. ;)

Kyle422
04-04-2017, 03:22 PM
The company tool at the moment is only set up for infantry. Though they have arty and cav/sharps added their. Special company stuff most likely will not be added till those are featured in game. At the moment they are focusing on infantry and that is where Skirmish 1 comes in. Its not hard to read in between the lines.

Rainbow_Flyer
04-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Well... I just realized there is a company tool section I could of posted this in. I was looking for it on my computer and couldn't find it but I found it on my phone ( I guess I am really blind) Could I get someone to move this to the company tool, I am sorry for posting it in the wrong section

A. P. Hill
04-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Maybe a nice forum moderator will move this to the proper place for you! ;)

Leifr
04-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Done.

Rainbow_Flyer
04-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Done.

Thanks, again my apologies for posting in the wrong section

A. P. Hill
04-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Done.

Thanks Leifr, I knew you fit the description!
;)

Kyle422
04-05-2017, 11:29 PM
Thanks, again my apologies for posting in the wrong section

No reason to apologize things happen us mods have to have something to do haha.

MolonLabe0928
04-14-2017, 03:42 PM
Obviously, the big deal right now is that the Company Tool is in early stages of development. Once they actually get it live, get the profile linking in place, and stabilize things I'm sure they'll go back and perhaps add further options. You have to keep in mind though that many realism games don't even have a system like this (Squad doesn't, I don't believe Holdfast does either) so while it may never be 100% perfect for organizing specific regiments and company types, it will still be better than absolutely no unit support at all (beyond naming in game).

zerosius
04-23-2017, 02:26 PM
I posted this a while back in another thread on how to make the company tool fit for artillery batteries. Still hope the Devs take a look at it ;)

Hello there!

I recently did some more research on the historical Ranks and Responsibillites in an artillery battery.
Since i think, they are not very well represented in the company tool at the moment, i compiled a list with more accurate available ranks and roles to be added/changed in the company tool.
This includes the renaming of certain positions as well as the addition of important roles for the battery structure, such as the chief of the piece. Most of the information is very well presented here (http://www.batteryi.org/ranks), with just a few minor adjustments on my side to make it fit better in the company tool/game environment.

I marked the noncombat/mostly noncombat roles in italic, although i still think they should be added, at the very least the Orderly Sergeant instad of the Adjutant role, as well as the Battery Quartermaster Sergeant. The many very specialized private roles are not a must, but honestly i see no reason to not give us the option to give these ranks out :)

Also, i hope that the Roster will be able to be adjusted to follow the proper naming/organization descriptions. That means renaming the Roster to "Battery Roster", the Company Staff Section to "Battery Staff", the Platoons to "Sections", and to furthermore add 3 Sections to sort soldiers into, since the 6 gun/3 section battery was the most common to be found, at least in the north, and for field artillery. Also, if the devs intend to add further divisions, like Sections and or Squads for Infantry, it would be cool to see the subdivision of "Piece" added to the Battery Roster.

I hope the devs will put some time into fixing that up for us few artillerists out there :P

Best Greetings,

Cpt. William Hexamer aka. zerosius

Captain

Battery Command

1st Lieutenant

Section Chief - Instead of Section Command

2nd Lieutenant

Section Chief - Instead of Section Command

1st Sergeant

Orderly Sergeant - Instead of Adjutant/Drill Sergeant

Quartermaster Sergeant

Battery Quartermaster Sergeant