PDA

View Full Version : strong advice

cheeyeah
06-04-2017, 05:21 AM
aim will lead to gun not steady...could dev add left key to steady the gun when aiming at target??

A. P. Hill
06-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Cheeyeah,

I strongly suggest you do a search for the terms "gun sway", then read all the posts by either Fancy Sweetroll or Trusty Jam.
You'll find all the information you need. Gun sway will continue to be a thing. Your rifle will never be rock solid.

Kane Kaizer
06-05-2017, 10:47 PM
It always does feel exaggerated especially if you've held a musket before, but once the officer count update takes place and most of us are forced to use them then at least it will be fair.

John Cooley
06-06-2017, 01:50 AM
Cheeyeah,
Gun sway will continue to be a thing. Your rifle will never be rock solid.
Nor should it be ... as anyone who has done Rifle PT can attest to. heh

cheeyeah
06-07-2017, 02:32 AM
I mean Reduce the size of the random movement of the muzzle, or a method that accelerates the target, similar to holding your breath.NOT mean removing the effect。At close range,,aim will be faster,dont you think so?This will make close battle shooting will be waste of time,,you have to go melee if you have a distance of 20 yards with one enemy

Herzog
06-07-2017, 05:04 AM
The only thing i dislike about the gun sway in the game is its not much of a sway but my gun aim just continues to go down and down and can get rather annoying. Hoping there will be a slight change to this to make it within a radius rather thank linear

LocJope
06-07-2017, 05:43 AM
I'll go ahead and throw my two cents in,

I can see the sway being a thing when you're being bombarded by shells and Minie balls, but at least tone it down a little bit, when I hold my rifle during my reenactments the sway is quite small, but with what Herzog is saying I can see the aim going down, you're holding an 8 to 12 pound rifle for 10 or 20 seconds, it's going to weigh down on your arms after a while. I think the sway should be relatively small when not being shot at, but should increase when taking small arms fire or artillery fire.

cheeyeah
06-07-2017, 05:43 AM
The only thing i dislike about the gun sway in the game is its not much of a sway but my gun aim just continues to go down and down and can get rather annoying. Hoping there will be a slight change to this to make it within a radius rather thank linear

that what we want,,,,decrease the effect to aiming,,,it is not natural,,,just a little smoother will be ok,,and this may save many soldiers' lives:)

Legion
06-07-2017, 05:46 AM
I'll go ahead and throw my two cents in,

I can see the sway being a thing when you're being bombarded by shells and Minie balls, but at least tone it down a little bit, when I hold my rifle during my reenactments the sway is quite small, but with what Herzog is saying I can see the aim going down, you're holding an 8 to 12 pound rifle for 10 or 20 seconds, it's going to weigh down on your arms after a while. I think the sway should be relatively small when not being shot at, but should increase when taking small arms fire or artillery fire.

This. The sway is way too exaggerated at the moment imo. Weapons don't sway that much when using them irl, at least not in my experience.
I'm talking of the sway when you first aim, not the one where your weapon is steady, after the gun is steady the sway is good.

Saris
06-07-2017, 05:48 AM
This. The sway is way too exaggerated at the moment imo. Weapons don't sway that much when using them irl, at least not in my experience.
I'm talking of the sway when you first aim, not the one where your weapon is steady, after the gun is steady the sway is good.

I agree, gun sway atm is too exaggerated, I put up the gun and it starts swaying once I point at something.

Herzog
06-07-2017, 06:13 AM

Ahhh yes, i do apologize. Im talking about the completely wrong thing. I do agree though the initial sway when you ADS is too much. The amount of times ive died because the weapon doesnt steady quickly enough and is all over the screen.

John Cooley
06-07-2017, 08:16 AM
Agree with this clarification of the Topic

TheRegulator
06-07-2017, 11:17 PM
It just dont feel natural . . . Its like in the two first BIA games (Brothers in Arms- Gearworks) the riffle sway was overdone, and becomes iritating. A somewhat more moderate sway might be a good idea, and more realistic.

cheeyeah
06-08-2017, 02:15 AM
It just dont feel natural . . . Its like in the two first BIA games (Brothers in Arms- Gearworks) the riffle sway was overdone, and becomes iritating. A somewhat more moderate sway might be a good idea, and more realistic.

yeah,wo have seen reloading is faster than before..aim need to fix to make faster so shoot will be smooth and natural.Besides,dev could think about fixing the rifle to
a fence just in some special environment even put a rifle fix on the outer face of a stone?IF it's available I have no more advice on aiming,yes,that's pretty good.:)

Oleander
06-09-2017, 06:45 PM
The developers have said several times that the sway is exaggerated intentionally. It has been toned down quite a bit since the beginning.

Lance Rawlings
06-09-2017, 10:27 PM
Even though I don't like the unrealistic amount of swaying, I would really rather see the progression of the sway be altered. Currently the most sway is right when you aim and it lessens at 5 seconds before dropping. The first few seconds of aiming should be the most precise, and over time the rifle starts shaking (yes shaking, not dramatic swaying) over the next several seconds. I find that shaking slightly is very prevalent than the musket actually dropping. I've been testing it a lot with my Enfield in different conditions, and that's what I've concluded. Open to comments.

John Cooley
06-09-2017, 11:39 PM
Should definitely get worse over time, as in real world.
So perhaps an initial sway ... then steady for a short time ... then deteriorating steadiness over time, if you try to continue holding aim

David Dire
06-10-2017, 12:07 AM
I think sway shoulf be near removed (lessoned by 80 percent or so) and replaced with shaking and gun drop for more realism.

Lance Rawlings
06-11-2017, 04:29 AM
I think sway shoulf be near removed (lessoned by 80 percent or so) and replaced with shaking and gun drop for more realism.

That's about what I'm saying. There shouldn't be any sway really initially, then gradually shaking, and then a few seconds of that the rifle begins to slowly drop. Not too worried about it right now though, I'm sure it will come around.

MrMundy
06-21-2017, 01:09 PM
All sway really does currently is ruin the effectiveness of volleys. I would much prefer it if the initial aim were steady as a rock and for it to turn shaky afterwards.

TrustyJam
06-21-2017, 01:13 PM
All sway really does currently is ruin the effectiveness of volleys. I would much prefer it if the initial aim were steady as a rock and for it to turn shaky afterwards.

That would mean fewer volleys in general as it would be quicker to wiper out a line. We like numerous volleys. :)

- Trusty

MrMundy
06-21-2017, 01:18 PM
The Yankees would have to learn to aim to wipe us out quicker. :p