PDA

View Full Version : Not a NW or NaS clone

Almanza P. Baker
10-18-2015, 05:35 PM
I understand that many people here will be coming over from Mount and Blades various mods but I see no reason why there seems to be this expectation that the entire structure of NaS is just going to move over to WoR and continue to function in the same manner it has. I hope that the community can come together to form a new regiment and army structure that is all inclusive of this game and the many people who will be joining it that have never played MB.
Now I can see regiments from NaS coming here to reform as WoR regiments but the command structure and how events are run should be total restructured for WoR so that we have something new that reflects this game.
This is not Mount and Blade, North and South 2.0, this is an entirely new game and should be treated that way.

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 05:37 PM
What are these other things you speak of. I have never heard of them.

(Yes I live under a rock.)

Arkansan
10-18-2015, 08:03 PM
I'm sure he is referring to some of the made up rules the Dixieland Army has. Like no Fire off Horseback, ALL CHARGE, no cav vs non cav, arty vs non arty, ect ect. In the DA it has to be PERFECTLY balanced or the admins have a stroke because one person complains of unfairness.

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 08:48 PM
I am ashamed to admit that my ignorance goes much deeper. What is mount and blades etc. ...

And why have I not heard of it before now?

Rithal
10-18-2015, 08:57 PM
I am ashamed to admit that my ignorance goes much deeper. What is mount and blades etc. ...

And why have I not heard of it before now?

If you have a Steam account you can check out the game "Mount and Blade: Warband". It is a medieval rpg type game, but it has heavy mobility. So lots of people have taken it upon themselves to create all kinds of modifications for it. "NW" stand for "Napoleonic Wars" which is a dlc for Mount and Blade: Warband. "NaS" stands for "North and South" which is a Civil War modification for NW. You can purchase both Mount and Blade: Warband, and its Napoleonic Wars dlc off of the steam store, then download the Civil War mod.

P.S North and South is developed by Hinkel, who is the community manager for this game, and the mod's community also bleeds over into this community. :)

Link to a video of North and South: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLlRCMjDbr0

Jamez
10-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Mount & Blade is what the majority of this community is coming from, campfire games developed the modification North & South for the expansion Mount & Blade: Napoleonic Wars.

The ideas for this game are very similar to the modification made for M&B so people are assuming that this will be a clone with improved mechanics and graphics. Along with all the communities rules and lay out.

A. P. Hill
10-19-2015, 12:39 AM
Thank you. SgtRithal, and I can see a major difference between that youtube and what is presented here.