PDA

View Full Version : Ranks and Characters

Patrick Kurtz
10-23-2015, 11:02 PM
Hello, I was wondering if we will be able to have different characters in the game? Because although I would love to command as an officer, I would also like to be a standard Private among the ranks of many other enlisted men. So will their be like different characters you can switch between with different ranks and duties? Like maybe have a C.S. Private but a U.S. Lieutenant?

A. P. Hill
10-23-2015, 11:05 PM
Good question! I know in many multiplayer game they allow miltiples.
Huzzah!

I might even want to switch sides!

BloodBeag
10-23-2015, 11:12 PM
I'm pretty sure it won't be like a game such as heroes & generals where you make a character and you play that class in the team forever.

I think it will be more like Mount & Blade where you make the basics of a character (name and face) and then pick which unit or side at the start of each match.

They say that you pick who you play as at the start of each match in the latest kickstarter update.

Patrick Kurtz
10-23-2015, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty sure it won't be like a game such as heroes & generals where you make a character and you play that class in the team forever.

I think it will be more like Mount & Blade where you make the basics of a character (name and face) and then pick which unit or side at the start of each match.

They say that you pick who you play as at the start of each match in the latest kickstarter update.

I did see that, I just wasn't sure if that was only for skirmishes or something... Maybe it's like you unlock ranks or something and it's like a class, where you can choose to be 1st Lt. of the 2nd Maryland, or Private of the 2nd Maryland

Jamez
10-24-2015, 12:03 AM
If you look at the new update they posted earlier today it explains the system for classes that they have in mind for now

Patrick Kurtz
10-24-2015, 12:19 AM
If you look at the new update they posted earlier today it explains the system for classes that they have in mind for now

Oh I know, I just don't think I'm entirely clear on it, like how we will play with them or if we can switch between them, it didn't go into great detail about how they work, just their description.

Jamez
10-24-2015, 12:28 AM
The picture on the update gives a good idea of how they want it to work right now, you join a server and then pick a regiment and then choose which class you want to play as, officer, NCO or a private. It seems the regiment and class will not be locked to your character.

Almanza P. Baker
10-24-2015, 02:15 AM
Yes but that doesn't make sense because if everyone picks officer how do they decide who leads each regiment. I know a lot of it will be based on the members of the community who will be leading but what kind of control will there be to prevent weekend warrior types from wanting to lead. Seems like it could be a real confused mess at times.

Sorta
10-24-2015, 02:26 AM
Yes but that doesn't make sense because if everyone picks officer how do they decide who leads each regiment. I know a lot of it will be based on the members of the community who will be leading but what kind of control will there be to prevent weekend warrior types from wanting to lead. Seems like it could be a real confused mess at times.

limited amounts of Officer positions per regiment

A. P. Hill
10-24-2015, 02:38 AM
First come first served.???

OTHERWISE ... Companies regiments brigades divisions corps are all formed offline and position is decided by the members of those groups so when they come to play everyone knows their place.

If I understood the youtube thing servers will be unlimited and each regiment as a minimum can establish their own server to gather and train and find who is officer material, and who isn't.

Jamez
10-24-2015, 03:01 AM
They said on the interview they had a few ideas in mind on who has who ability to choose the higher classes, e.g. a vote type system for bad leaders. But they didn't go into it much.

Sorta
10-24-2015, 03:09 AM
Pub servers in Project Reality have competent Squad Leaders and Commanders for the most part, and generally anyone who chooses harder equipment (CAS, APC squads, mortar squads) tend to know what they're doing as well. I think the community will sort itself out. Leading people without having a clue what you're doing is intimidating to noobs, and that's a good enough deterrent. And as for trolls, that's what admins are for! I don't think there's any way to troll-proof a multiplayer video game ;)

A. P. Hill
10-24-2015, 03:46 AM
Think about this ... At what buy in level do the developers hand out manual of arms? Kinda hard to lead without proper knowledge.

Patrick Kurtz
10-24-2015, 04:10 PM
First come first serve would probably make sense.

Jamez
10-24-2015, 05:13 PM
It won't be as hard to lead as people think, it is only a game. People have managed fine leading and commanding in other games without any manual of arms.