Thread: War of Rights Screenshots & Videos

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you both for the feedback.

I will monitor how it all plays out the next while (as I do for all newly released skirmish areas).

The reasoning for the placement of the capture area is to open up for possible gameplay both via the cornfield and the orchard as well as flanking via the open grassfields from the hagerstown pike (the 7th tried both during their attack of the farm).

While the stonewall is an excellent defensive area I don't think it should be within the capture area. It is such an obvious place to defend I fear it will be the norm. The advantage with a more "out of place" capture zone is it opens up for different tactics.

- Trusty
    I get what you mean, however, think about this (you even witnessed this I believe during an event on Piper Farm)

Union troops are put up on the fence. All the Confederates have are the orchard, which is limited to two people per tree safely, with three always endangering one person. The troops in the orchard are incredibly exposed on both sides even if you put troops on the left of the orchard in the open field because the Union troops who are already on the fence can pick the defenders off if they are in position to cover the left flank of the orchard troops, so the field troops pull back to the stone wall. All you have to do is advance troops up the hill, take the fence, quickly take out the orchard troops and replace them with Union troops (by now you are already capturing the point). Now move up the fence, battle with the stone wall troops, keep them preoccupied or even kill them all, and now the point is locked down. If the CSA were able to hold from the stone wall, they would be able to set up defenses there correctly and regardless of what happens up front, would always have troops in the point to prevent capture and allow for a counter attack that is not as hasty. I am not saying extend it into the whole walled in area, but at least include the stone wall plus a foot, and that would suffice.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 12-19-2017 at 12:12 AM. Reason: General revisions, condensed it a little bit also