Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: 1st LA Zouave Battalion Co. B - "Louisiana Tigers"

CSA Captain

as a company with training we havent been that active (I know I said I was gonna start leading trainings but got busy and ingame problems) but I've seen plenty of people in the company playing with random people and going to events so when you donate you'll have plenty of people to play with.

Alright, I'm all signed up for the sergeant tier. I will be able to get into the skirmishes phase 2. Whenever that happens. Also, anyone got any news on the uniforms for our particular regiment. Any updates or anything like on them. I just saw a nice post in another thread showing the different regiment options to play with. Are the uniforms customizable yet or still just randomized and assigned?

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by JG93 View Post
    Alright, I'm all signed up for the sergeant tier. I will be able to get into the skirmishes phase 2. Whenever that happens. Also, anyone got any news on the uniforms for our particular regiment. Any updates or anything like on them. I just saw a nice post in another thread showing the different regiment options to play with. Are the uniforms customizable yet or still just randomized and assigned?
    They are still just pre-set. As far as I know the uniforms are about the same.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

Hey legion, just seeing all these other LA companies emerging. How did the organization between these companies and regiments historically exist. Were they all generally together or spread out among different divisions? And how were they uniformed, those striped pants universal for LA troops or specifically the Zouave and which units were historically Zouave?

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by JG93 View Post
    Hey legion, just seeing all these other LA companies emerging. How did the organization between these companies and regiments historically exist. Were they all generally together or spread out among different divisions? And how were they uniformed, those striped pants universal for LA troops or specifically the Zouave and which units were historically Zouave?
    Sorry for not responding sooner, I was at work.

Early in the war the LA regiments were spread out among the different brigades/divisions/etc. it wasn't until Lee became General of the army that the LA units were put into brigades composed of only Louisianians.

For most of the war the Louisiana troops were organized into two brigades the 1st LA Brigade and the 2nd LA Brigade.

The 1st LA Brigade as composed of the 5th,6th,7th,8th, and 9th LA regiments. The 2nd Brigade was composed of the 1st, 2nd, 10th, 14th, and 15th LA Regiments. During Antietam the 9th was in the 2nd Brigade and the 14th was in the 1st.

Two other units that I didn't mention above are the 1st LA Special Battalion and the 1st LA Zouaves Battalion. The 1st LA Special Battalion ceased to exist after the Battle of Gaines Mill and was merged with the 1st LA Zouaves. The 1st LA Zouaves were part of the 2nd Brigade during the Battle of Antietam, after this the 1st LA Zouaves were moved out of the AnV and assigned to other duties.

Not all LA units wore the Zouave uniform. The only units that we know wore the Zouave uniform are Co. B of the 1st LA Special Battalion (they wore the striped pants) and the 1st LA Zouaves Battalion (they wore an accurate zouave uniform with red pants, and a zouave jacket with yellow trim) The 10th LA is said t have worn a zouave uniform but there is no information on what it would have looked like.

Some LA units had their own unique uniform depending on what regiment/company they were in, etc. (many of the regiments wore a confederate uniform with black trim) as the war progressed they eventually all wore standard confederate uniforms.

In the AnV only the 1st LA Special Battalion and the 1st LA Zouave Battalion were zouaves. Louisiana did have a few other zouave units that fought in other armies during the war.
    Last edited by Legion; 08-09-2017 at 02:33 AM.

CSA 2nd Lieutenant

dont forget Coppens

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Of Longtree View Post
    dont forget Coppens
    Coppens is the 1st LA Zouaves Battalion.

Thanks. Clears things up for me. Was having trouble keeping track of things.

CSA Major

Unfortunately I will have to step down as Captain of the Co. Time does not permit me to lead a company so I will pass the company on to whoever wants it. If no one is interested in leading the company then I think the best option would be to disband and let you go about your way.

A shame. Any takers? if not. We should all try to join another Zouave company and bolster the numbers there. Let me know the plan
    Last edited by JG93; 01-27-2018 at 02:31 PM.