Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Union Order of Battle Company Overview

USA Captain

If it is not dead and if it is possible to upload this into a google doc instead and Hills could have more people to help him keep this kind of task, I would be willing to give a helping hand in afew weeks when i have more time on my hands

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Well it almost took forever BUT!

Let's see if this works.

Latest UPDATED ORDER of BATTLE for USA!

IMPORTANT, Dropbox will not allow the preview of this particular file extension, however, it will allow you to download the file to your computer, where your computer will tell you the download is complete. You can either save it or just go ahead and open it. PLEASE allow it some time to do this, once it opens, you will be prompted about needing permission to download content, allow that to happen.

As you view the OOB, you will see numbers in highlight over the companies that are per the pages here. Mousing over those highlighted numbers will provide you with the creator of the company and the date the creator formed his post.

Some of you have deleted and reformed, or moved to whatever, so please if you have created a company and see your name in an errant location please PM me for corrections.

Respectfully
    Powell

USA General of the Army

Been a while since I did any updating on this.

Something you should know as you examine this:
    I used the company tool to acquire the number of members per unit, these numbers may have or may not have changed since I started this, so if the numbers appear incorrect I apologize for the differences between the time of creating the document and converting it for display here.

I was curious with the numbers of players and where they chose to associate themselves. I also hope that displaying this will give the community a sense of the enormity of players and historical units available.

I'm testing a new document sharing site, please let me know via PM whether you can view / download the document or not.

Thanks.

Enjoy!

USA 1st Lieutenant

That looks good, A.P. Hill. The site works perfectly, and it's nice that I don't have to download in order to view it.

And thank you for all your work to update the list.

Best,
    Dman979

USA General of the Army

thanks for the viewing report!

No effort what so ever.

USA Lieutenant General

Impressive.
    Last edited by SilverStaples; 10-29-2018 at 01:35 PM.

USA Captain

Seems to work fine and is very impressive! Nice work, sir.

USA General of the Army

Thanks Gentlemen, pleasure was all mine

USA General of the Army

Very nice work, indeed.
    Now if it could be added to the Company Tool and updated automatically that would be a great addition.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Been a while since I did any updating on this.

Something you should know as you examine this:
    I used the company tool to acquire the number of members per unit, these numbers may have or may not have changed since I started this, so if the numbers appear incorrect I apologize for the differences between the time of creating the document and converting it for display here.
    I was curious with the numbers of players and where they chose to associate themselves. I also hope that displaying this will give the community a sense of the enormity of players and historical units available.
    I'm testing a new document sharing site, please let me know via PM whether you can view / download the document or not.

Thanks.

Enjoy!

Thank you sir, a very good job!
    Captain Davide Campi, 39th NY "Garibaldi Guard" Co. A