Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injured?

CSA Captain

Injured?

Will there be an injured mechanic?

CSA 2nd Lieutenant

That would be nice

USA Lieutenant General

I was just thinking about the same thing. Like if you get shot in the Leg you limp or even some cases fall to the ground. Maybe also have where you could bleed out unless you put a bandage on the wound to help stop the bleeding. I hope they add something!
    Last edited by Kyle422; 03-15-2016 at 04:22 PM.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    I was just thinking about the same thing. Like if you get shot in the Leg you limp or even some cases fall to the ground. Maybe also have where you could bleed out unless you put a bandage on the wound to help stop the bleeding. I hope they add something!
    Great Idea!

USA Brigadier General

Bonus points for aiding an injured man via bandage wrap or pulling him to the rear!

USA 1st Lieutenant

They said before about NCOs possible acting as medics with bandages but probably most wounds would be insta death or similar to Red Orchestra where it gives you the prompt to bandage yourself but the screen fades to black and you let out a moan of pain

CSA Brigadier General

A simple injury mechanic will suit me a non disabling hit should be treatable however given most injuries would require a surgeon it will be far easier if most shots killed outright.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag View Post
    They said before about NCOs possible acting as medics with bandages but probably most wounds would be insta death or similar to Red Orchestra where it gives you the prompt to bandage yourself but the screen fades to black and you let out a moan of pain
    I'll be dissapointed if that is a role for ncos as I've said before it should be the musicians doing it as wasntheir secondary roles ncos are needed for more important jobs.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

If you were shot in a place and way where you'd live, I think that should apply to the game, however with the relevant penalties. Such as, if a bullet grazes your arm, you'd certainly have a harder time in melee combat and aiming.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA 1st Lieutenant

Maybe in real life it works like that but in-game if you only have 15 guys in your line, you're best off not having a musician and getting as many muskets in there as possible. Also, i'm not sure what important duties NCOs will actually have to do in-game which they had to do in real life especially when lines are 15-30 men long on average going by present company size now.

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag View Post
    Maybe in real life it works like that but in-game if you only have 15 guys in your line, you're best off not having a musician and getting as many muskets in there as possible. Also, i'm not sure what important duties NCOs will actually have to do in-game which they had to do in real life especially when lines are 15-30 men long on average going by present company size now.
    Well for a start i'd rather have my NCOs helping fill the gaps in the line and shooting than worrying about healing people and being ready to take command if the officers die. The musician also relays orders not just plays music btw it was their number 1 function then they were medics and lastly bandsmen. The games about realism and there would be a drummer or a bugler present. Anyways if you want maximum muskets in a line then only take 1 officer the rest privates/ncos and not bother with a medic. Please remember once the games closer to completion companies will grow and being directly on steam rather than a mod the uptake of the game will be far higher.
    Last edited by Challis89; 03-16-2016 at 02:33 PM.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen