Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a company/members.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Macliness View Post
    correct me if im wrong but a Regiment is lead by a Col?
    You are correct, but I'd struggle to call 4 companies a regiment. Still a Battalion really. 6 companies would be a better place to start calling yourself a Colonel.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    You are correct, but I'd struggle to call 4 companies a regiment. Still a Battalion really. 6 companies would be a better place to start calling yourself a Colonel.
    with the respected numbers of people that will probably playing this game. i think it would be justified to call himself a Col. A regiment at this time usually consisted of over 1000 men and i don't personally think anyone in the foreseeable future will have anywhere near that number. i would call 4 company's a damn good job deserving of a Col.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?761-28th-Regiment-Massachusetts-Volunteer-Infantry-Company-A

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Sorry, army regulations of the time state that 8 to 10 companies form a regiment deserving of a Colonelcy. A regiment consisting of 7 or less companies rate a Major. In essence, the army regulations indicated up to 5 companies comprised a Battalion commanded by a Major.

CSA Captain

Perhaps 'pro-rating' those numbers for the context of the game might be worth consideration. It seems difficult for an officer to grow and command 8 to 10 companies. Perhaps a general consensus could be come to saying that anything over 6 companies, for example might garner a colonelcy. Just a thought.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Macliness View Post
    with the respected numbers of people that will probably playing this game. i think it would be justified to call himself a Col. A regiment at this time usually consisted of over 1000 men and i don't personally think anyone in the foreseeable future will have anywhere near that number. i would call 4 company's a damn good job deserving of a Col.
    I see what you're saying and don't disagree with it full. Historically you are correct however in relation to the game and the company tool any body with 40+ guys could snap up 4 companies and crown himself colonel. I got 80+ guys so I could if I wanted to snap up 80 companies, but obviously that's a dick move so I won't.

What I think you're a little caught up on if having perfect 100 man companies for in game. I agree with you on saying at we won't see any 1000 man regiments any time soon if ever. However what if someone where to simply reduced the number of men in a company for easy of command and convinced. This would make it easier to raise for companies of men and thus snap up more numbers. If everyone over 4 companies claimed colonelcy then if people had a number of small companies then boom, suddenly they're a colonel. 6 companies is just a harder number to achieve and makes the self appointment to colonel a lot more meaningful.

(ps. Sorry Hill but "regulations" got thrown out the window long ago xD)

USA Brigadier General

Ya'll honkies need to discuss this stuff somewhere else,not in the looking for company members thread.

Edit: came back realized i put someone else, not somewhere else. #gotYeetedOnByBadSpellingAndGrammar
    Last edited by michaelsmithern; 12-01-2016 at 09:51 PM.

USA Captain

Gotta say, I believe 6 companies minimum to become a Colonel, even if you only have 60 men. In regards why I'm a major and only have one formed company is due to the fact everyone is bundled together for now, It would also fuck up the ranks if I then again demoted myself. In the near future you will see a new 2nd company and then a 3rd and then finally a 4th.

Have a good night.

USA Lieutenant General

I think before anyone decides who is what rank at what time we should really wait to see how the game plays out. for example a N&S Line is decent at 15 men. so lets wait and see what a decent sized company is in WoR before we jump to Who should be what rank at what point. All tho i do agree there should be a point where you need so many companies to elect a Col more that 2 definitely. i would say 4 to be on the safe side.

-Mac
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?761-28th-Regiment-Massachusetts-Volunteer-Infantry-Company-A

USA Lieutenant General

Please learn where to post stuff ppl.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by MadWolf View Post
    Please learn where to post stuff ppl.
    Thank you, let's stick to the rules and stay relevant please.

(Max one post per 2 days)