Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 25-05-2016 twenty-eight field report: Drill Camp releases today!

USA Major

yup, very much... I really would appreciate a littlebit more open information sharing. I have no problem with waiting until I can play, but the more or less complete silence is a bit depressing.

USA General of the Army

From my experience, a quiet developer is a good thing.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    yup, very much... I really would appreciate a littlebit more open information sharing. I have no problem with waiting until I can play, but the more or less complete silence is a bit depressing.
    You need to stop and consider the size of the operations you're dealing with for this venture. Campfire Games (C.G.,) is not a great big mega million dollar establishment with PR departments and the like where they can disburse this information. C.G. is a small, and I mean small, operation. The major components of this company are directly involved with the day to day programing and forming of this endeavor. They don't have the time, nor the manpower other companies might have to provide community information.

As Oleander says, in this case, a quiet development team is a good thing ... it means they're solely focused on production of the game at hand and not talking up something they might not be able to deliver. Instead, they're busy making sure that this endeavor will be the best experience their followers and their future players will have.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    You need to stop and consider the size of the operations you're dealing with for this venture. Campfire Games (C.G.,) is not a great big mega million dollar establishment with PR departments and the like where they can disburse this information. C.G. is a small, and I mean small, operation. The major components of this company are directly involved with the day to day programing and forming of this endeavor. They don't have the time, nor the manpower other companies might have to provide community information.

As Oleander says, in this case, a quiet development team is a good thing ... it means they're solely focused on production of the game at hand and not talking up something they might not be able to deliver. Instead, they're busy making sure that this endeavor will be the best experience their followers and their future players will have.
    I work in the gaming industry myself, so I am very aware of that. Still, other small teams are able to give some kind of readable update to their community about the progression aswell without sacrificing their game. It's a game funded by the community, they made this work possible after all. I totally can understand that a lot of people feel a littlebit edgy about updates and about how the game is progressing. Posting a short list every two weeks would not take much time. It's not like there are no bad examples of "no communication community backed" games out there. This said, I am sure they do a great job and hopefully take their time to deliver the best product possible. No need to release anything soon. Still, some more informations outside the alpha forum would be nice to have. I for myself wouldn't need a big, nicely edited video.

I work in the gaming industry myself, so I am very aware of that. Still, other small teams are able to give some kind of readable update to their community about the progression aswell without sacrificing their game. It's a game funded by the community, they made this work possible after all. I totally can understand that a lot of people feel a littlebit edgy about updates and about how the game is progressing. Posting a short list every two weeks would not take much time. It's not like there are no bad examples of "no communication community backed" games out there. This said, I am sure they do a great job and hopefully take their time to deliver the best product possible. No need to release anything soon. Still, some more informations outside the alpha forum would be nice to have. I for myself wouldn't need a big, nicely edited video.
    You'll get your share of information about content pretty soon - there are a number of reasons why we've been quiet these past weeks.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    You'll get your share of information about content pretty soon - there are a number of reasons why we've been quiet these past weeks.

- Trusty
    Can't wait to see what yall have been doing.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

- Trusty
    Awesome I am really curious about how you come along with the cryengine, which is not exactly the most developerfriendly engine and toolset out there

USA General of the Army

Still, some more informations outside the alpha forum would be nice to have. I for myself wouldn't need a big, nicely edited video.
    There have been no updates to the Alpha since June 25th, save for a small update through Steam for something on Valve's end. For the most part, everything has been quiet which usually means something big is about to happen. I'd say the developers don't want to let anything slip out and ruin the surprise. I should say that I have no idea what they're up to, but I have a keen suspicion.

Awesome I am really curious about how you come along with the cryengine, which is not exactly the most developerfriendly engine and toolset out there
    It is to us.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

wait conspiracy stuff going on here mate, No updates since the 25th of June, They went quite, They are now teasing us and it is only 2 days until the 25th of July, It is 04:20 PM as I write this (not relevant just saw it and giggled abit idk why it happens every day), July 25th is release date for next update confirmed... :P my guess is next month for the next update maybe even... The 25th of next month. Cant wait though, But the more time the better I guess!