Page 61 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

CSA Major

Now, I will keep back my judgement before having actually played the map with 60 players, but it seems to be way too big. You have to walk for a good 2-3 minutes until you arrive at the actual battlefield, then you got good chances of either being shot in the face or to be killed by the terrible RNG Arty. Espacially the latter is more rage inducing than anything else.

If I am entirely mistaken with this, then excuse me. But just touring the map I have been killed by arty twice already.

Also where are the confederates supposed to stand? On the ridge? They will get shot into pieces. Any further back and you got no means of controling the point.
    Last edited by MrMundy; 06-19-2017 at 01:49 PM.

CSA Captain

Was on with Mundy... large open fields, with a low setting (could be rising) sun. The CSA have quicker access to the fenced road thus defensive position, with the Union looking like they'll have the ridge. Feels a big map, but with the arty and openness, you feel vulnerable.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by MrMundy View Post
    Now, I will keep back my judgement before having actually played the map with 60 players, but it seems to be way too big. You have to walk for a good 2-3 minutes until you arrive at the actual battlefield, then you got good chances of either being shot in the face or to be killed by the terrible RNG Arty. Espacially the latter is more rage inducing than anything else.

If I am entirely mistaken with this, then excuse me. But just touring the map I have been killed by arty twice already.

Also where are the confederates supposed to stand? On the ridge? They will get shot into pieces. Any further back and you got no means of controling the point.
    The map is supposed to be large. It marks the first advance that kicked off the battle and thus is not meant as an instant sort of action map. Once flag bearer spawning is introduced you'll be able to stick with your regiment better throughout the round.

It is a rough place to defend as the CSA, yes (as it was in real life - the divisions had to fall back until Hood's division came up for a counter attack straight into the cornfield (which will be featured in another skirmish area). I wager you'll look forward to some of the larger, open areas once you've been fighting in the cornfield for an entire match.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The map is supposed to be large. It marks the first advance that kicked off the battle and thus is not meant as an instant sort of action map. Once flag bearer spawning is introduced you'll be able to stick with your regiment better throughout the round.

It is a rough place to defend as the CSA, yes (as it was in real life - the divisions had to fall back until Hood's division came up for a counter attack straight into the cornfield (which will be featured in another skirmish area). I wager you'll look forward to some of the larger, open areas once you've been fighting in the cornfield for an entire match.

- Trusty
    Ah, very well. I already figured that the flag bearer stuff will be important. I am so used to just sitting behind a fence all day long that I didn't expect this map to be intended somewhat differently.
    I frankly doubt I will get tired of fighting in the corn field though - since you can't . You will get slain for deserting if you do go in there.

It just seems like the Confederates are at a massive disadvantage here. Either we sit behind the fences and try to pick the Feds off while they cap the point; we push them back with the bayonet every time, or we sit on the hill itself. But none of these seem like a good idea.
    But this is pointless on my part, I havn't played the map so I should really shut myself up.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMundy View Post
    I frankly doubt I will get tired of fighting in the corn field though - since you can't .
    You will be when we release Hood's counter push.

- Trusty

June 20th - Update 62 (released)

- Heavily reduced microstutter of other players on populated servers.
    - Extra tweaks to the Ambient Occlusion.
    - Reduced various animation glitches while other players were moving.
    - Slightly increased the speed at which a capture zone can be captured.

Salute to Trusty Jam & Fancy Sweetroll, u guys have done an amazing job with this game and we as a community are so proud of you. Constant updates show the devs really care about making a great game! More than worth my $60, keep making us proud guys! A+ Job!

CSA Lieutenant General

Well done Devs, Thank you for your hard work!
    Pvt. Martin Brockenbrough's Battery A, I Corps

In honor of:
    Sgt. Benjamin J. Martin
    15th Alabama Infantry, Company E.
    Southern Cross of Honor Recipient

Personal Service Record
    U.S. ARMY SSGT. 11B20/2B/B4/5U
    6 Years Active Duty
    x2 Combat Deployments in OEF
    1-12 INF, 4th/2nd IBCT, 4ID

July 5th - Update 63 (released)

- Added shrapnel whizz sound to artillery explosions.
    - Further tweaking to the Ambient Occlusion settings.
    - The character is now taking a smaller step when walking backwards while aiming.
    - Added a new tab menu which lists who's an what team as well as time left and tickets. The list can be scrolled with the mouse wheel.
    - Furnished Roulette & Rohrback farm houses

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    - Added a new tab menu which lists who's an what team as well as time left and tickets. The list can be scrolled with the mouse wheel.
    VERY happy about this one.