Page 79 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

USA Major

Nice!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    October 6th - Update 77 Released!

- Added first version of the formation buff system. This system (to be expanded upon in the future) is part of our ongoing efforts at making tight group play a viable strategy and, hopefully, eventually the norm in-game. In order for the formation buff to kick in - players will have to gather in a tight group or formation. The specific numbers of players required to activate the formation buff and the area covered by the formation buff will be tweaked upon during the next several updates. We will also soon display on the UI if you're "Out of Line" or "In Formation" to give you better feedback. If the formation buff is active you will recover faster from the effects of incoming artillery and gunshots. You will also get affected less by said effects. In the near future morale cost when dying will also be heavily reduced when being under the effect of the formation buff.
    - Added first version of our dynamic player speed system. This system is being built with the goal of easing general formation movements. Its initial version will check for player positions a few meters in front of you. If a player is detected, your speed (at quicktime or double quick) will be sped up slightly until you've cought up with the person in front of you. The system will also lower your speed if you're getting far too close to the person. In the future, we'll experiment with the possibility of tracking players to your sides in an effort to help with line movements also.
    - Reduced player collision area size, meaning tighter formations will be possible.
    - Added initial banning system. While not complete, we now have the option of banning offenders on our servers.
    - Aiming in melee animation transitions fixed.
    - Animation transition going from at the ready to charging improved.

- Trusty
    Will right shoulder shift stance have a speed buff?
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

Trusty, I am disappointed. You have clearly stated a few weeks ago, that such individual morale system will not appear in game anytime "soon" and now you are starting to include it in the updates!

One more update like this one and I have to upgrade my pledge at least to Major.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post
    Trusty, I am disappointed. You have clearly stated a few weeks ago, that such individual morale system will not appear in game anytime "soon" and now you are starting to include it in the updates!

One more update like this one and I have to upgrade my pledge at least to Major.
    Technically, it's not so much an individual morale system - it's a group morale system. :P

In any case, happy to have the very first version of it out there.

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post

Ahh our very nice discussion about a individual or group moral system

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Technically, it's not so much an individual morale system - it's a group morale system. :P

In any case, happy to have the very first version of it out there.

- Trusty

Good choice
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Lieutenant General

In Trusty we.....uhhhh Trust? Great job, can't wait to check it out!
    Civil War Ancestors:

Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    In Trusty we.....uhhhh Trust? Great job, can't wait to check it out!
    Not much credit to me I'm afraid. The new systems added all come down to our programmers.. and Fancy. :P

- Trusty

CSA Major General

ready to check it out... you guys are doing a great job... thanks
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

USA Captain

"- Added first version of our dynamic player speed system."

Is this the greatest thing since sliced bread?

It's definitely a good candidate...

USA Brigadier General

Very nice changes but what was the 390MB download?
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02