Page 64 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

CSA Captain

Well I am glad we can finally go on the Offensive for once on the Confederate side. I can say I am less than pleased with the limit of only two regiments to play as, which means for 6 matches we wont be in our regiment uniforms and be forced into another one. But I understand it for Historical Accuracy, but goddamn do i hate not wearing them beautiful Georgian uniforms.

I don't mind the Officer limits but The one thing this will severely affect is the game play during the weekdays where someone without a mic will take up an officer slot and use it to Rambo or use it to troll knowing that there are only two slots. I can see this quickly becoming more of an issue than the Officer spam we have now.

This reduction will also solidify who leads men in Georges Corner giving huge companies like the 1st Texas almost exclusive leadership during these events. This is already the case from the confederate side where they talk directly to George and command everything, which is fine because they have the most men. But it still allowed for others with smaller companies to form up smaller platoons and lead groups of 8-9 men to lead and fight on their own. Because there is no thread with a sign up for Command, it leaves no option for smaller companies to lead . This means with the Officer and regiment Reduction that the same people will lead the big battles every week , forcing many of us to either break off , or have to follow officers of big companies that we might not like or might make brash decisions that lose the battle. For the sake of variety and the inclusion of more people I feel there is something more that could be done here.

This is nothing against the 1st Texas or Maj. Stockton, Hell I took a bullet for him last Georges corner to ensure he could keep leading his men, but I would like to see other Companies showed off and different tactics shown off in the battles. especially now since we are so severely limited in command roles.

Maybe something to look into ?

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I am not sure how to feel about limiting officers and NCOs to so few. Is there any way to integrate the information in the company tool with whats in the game so that the necessary people get their reepective rank/role? And maybe limit people that are not in companies to only one officer? Just a thought:

CSA Captain

Cant wait to play test this... great job!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA General of the Army

The word MISSING is misspelled in the Final Outcome screen
    and could we get a clarification on its meaning? Is this, perhaps, a count of Players Lost due to Disconnecting?
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Major

i like it so far and the game seems to run better also now with the officers just cause u dont spawn in as officer doesnt mean you cant lead your men your men know who you are so i dont see the problem other than drawing lines on field also who says we have to listen to the person who spawns in as officer if we see they have no clue what they are doing
    most know me cause i love to use pistols but i tell you last i had prob as much fun or more with the rifle cause i knew there were no pistols on the other side game was so much more fun not sure how i feel about the only 2 reg per map per side cause some of those rifles really suck lol keep up the good work

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    So we can only have 2 regiments on either side at a time?
    At this point in time according to the information provided, Yes, only 2 regiments per side. Ultimately that will of course be enlarged to accept 1 army per side.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    I am not sure how to feel about limiting officers and NCOs to so few. ...
    I disagree, this is exactly what is needed. It's based on a percentage of officer corps vs actual enlisted/volunteers per unit.

... Is there any way to integrate the information in the company tool with whats in the game so that the necessary people get their reepective rank/role? ...
    This question was answered already, Company tool will not associate with ranks within the skirmish phase but only after the overall battlefield is released.

... And maybe limit people that are not in companies to only one officer? Just a thought:
    Anyone logging in not belonging to a company should be a private. Everyone regardless of who they are should be able to log in as a private, and as stated, officers have been defined as they should be. No lone wolf officers running around playing gunslinger.

I am curious however. Mr. Trusty or Mr. Fancy, how to do these positions as defined get refilled via respawning?

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I get that they are doing it to the proportion of the battlefield. With having only one officer it makes it to where you cant have a company commander and your two platoon commanders in the same battle.

USA Lieutenant General

Excellent update, fond of everything entailed!

I don't know... I can live with the limited officers despite me being an officer but limiting regiments just doesn't feel like right thing to do accuracy or not. It's never effected how anybody saw the game before and now people are just going to be annoyed they can't join as the regiment they have dedicated time into researching and building. In my mind the negatives outweigh the positives. (please not this is my opinion. I am putting it here because as someone who paid for the alpha I care about the game and hope my suggestions and opinions will shape it into a great game).