Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 511 to 517 of 517

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

  1. #511
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    The simple open palm salute should the officer be permitted to holster his side arm and keep his sword sheathed, or for the NCOs and Privates when they put down their arms in the camp.
    yes thx, looking forward to make that.

    Cant imagine we won't have that in the future, when stances and animations of "in camp" are a in priority, atm we are focusing on "in skirmish" animations,
    like fixing bayonets while kneeling, that I am working on right now.
    Last edited by Major Animator; 05-26-2017 at 11:48 AM.

  2. #512

    USA Captain

    Bravescot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Perthshire, Scotland
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Animator View Post
    yes thx, looking forward to make that.

    Cant imagine we won't have that in the future, when stances and animations of "in camp" are a in priority, atm we are focusing on "in skirmish" animations,
    like fixing bayonets while kneeling, that I am working on right now.
    Fully understanable! Thank you for your answer.

  3. #513

    USA General of the Army

    A. P. Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Posts
    2,040
    I respectfully disagree on the palm forward salute.
    The U.S. military does not salute that way. While it is true the military started that way, it eventually got away from that style after the Revolutionary War for Independence.

    The U.S. military salutes with palm down.
    Please developers don't make the players do the Benny Hill Salute.

  4. #514

    CSA Colonel

    LTC Philip A. Work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Austin Tx
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    I respectfully disagree on the palm forward salute.
    The U.S. military does not salute that way. While it is true the military started that way, it eventually got away from that style after the Revolutionary War for Independence.

    The U.S. military salutes with palm down.
    Please developers don't make the players do the Benny Hill Salute.
    Although I'm also very partial to the modern way of saluting it seems as if historically the "Benny Hill" style of salute was used by both sides during the ACW.

    https://civilwartalk.com/threads/hand-salute.70014/ (primary sources found within)

    Texans Always Move Them

  5. #515

    USA Captain

    Bravescot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Perthshire, Scotland
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by LTC Philip A. Work View Post
    Although I'm also very partial to the modern way of saluting it seems as if historically the "Benny Hill" style of salute was used by both sides during the ACW.

    https://civilwartalk.com/threads/hand-salute.70014/ (primary sources found within)
    For once Mr. Hill is VERY wrong. The U.K. was famouly using the palm down salute during this time period whilst the U.S. (both sides) were using the open palm slaute as Mr. Work has just shown.


  6. #516

    USA General of the Army

    A. P. Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Posts
    2,040
    LOL.
    I am not "very wrong" and forget the capitalization ... you're hyperventilating.

    The link I issued said that changes in the use of saluting started around 1820 ... that's 40 years prior to the civil war. Not saying that it was wholesale conversion as obviously the regulations state ...

    But I have read quite a few pieces of information, (no I didn't save them, and no, I'm not going to link them here,) that stated that a variety of manners were used for saluting during the civil war.

    And it is generally accepted that the palm down salute for the U.S. military became more vogue during the opening of the west, after the war. But given that both sides were not strict on the manner of saluting, I say make it random ... Of course that's saluting with no weapons. Weapons saluting needs to remain.

  7. Today, 02:20 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic shite

  8. Today, 03:55 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic shite

  9. Today, 04:28 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic shite

  10. Today, 05:14 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic shite

  11. Today, 06:51 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic shite

  12. Today, 07:35 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic shite

  13. #517
    Moderator

    CSA Major

    Leifr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    466
    Y'all are busting my balls in this heat.
    I've deleted a few posts. Stay on topic folks and be courteous to one another. If this proves too much of a challenge, simply walk away from your keyboard for a few hours - it usually helps.

    Cheers!
    Captain Jim J. Digby, 8th Virginia Regiment, Company 'H'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •