buck and ball, hell yeah
    The Irish Brigade will be happy

USA Lieutenant General

This is awesome, can't wait to try it out once my new hardrive gets here :/

-Kyle

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    February 11th - Update 43 (released)

- Improved the reload animation of the Sharps Rifle.
    - The muzzle velocities of weapons is now based on historical figures.
    - The Springfield M1842 now has a Buck and Ball ammunition option (Can be toggled by pressing 2, it will be active after the next reload).
    - The bullet that is fired out of the weapons which you may get a glimpse of if you are fired upon, now actually looks like the type of ammo the weapon is firing. So a Springfield M1861 fires a miniéball, a revolver fires a pistolball, a Whitworth fires a hexagonal bullet and a Springfield M1842, loaded with Buck and Ball, fires multiple balls.
    - Fixed an issue where officers couldnt select their revolver.
    - Added updated frock coats for Privates and NCO's - Officers to follow.

Known issues
    - The shooting range doesnt display the Buck and Ball shot, properly

Video about buck and ball cool to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUTlldgdg8

Real life ballistics of Buck and Ball

https://www.iusb.edu/ugr-journal/sta...df/stanage.pdf

Claud E. Fuller, in his book The Rifled Musket, shows tests of a rifled musket firing Minie balls, and a smoothbore musket firing round ball and buck rounds at various ranges against a 10' x 10' target. The firers consisted of several men in line shooting in volley. At ranges of 200 yards (180 m) and under, the buck and ball from the smoothbore musket, while less accurate than the rifled musket, actually produces a greater number of hits due to the greater number of projectiles. At 200 yards, 37 of 50 Minie balls strike the target, vs. 18 of 50 smoothbore balls and 31 of 150 buckshot, for a total of 49 hits in 50 shots. At 100 yards, 50 shots by smoothbore buck and ball against the 10 x 10 target result in 79 buckshot hits and 37 ball strikes, as opposed to 48 minie ball hits in 50 shots. Beyond this range, the buckshot will have lost too much energy to be effective due to its lower ballistic coefficient.The Effective firing range of one is 50 to 75 yd effective 100 to 200 yd maximum rang
    Last edited by RhettVito; 02-11-2017 at 03:46 PM.

USA Lieutenant General

Me and some guys on the CSA NA Server did some buck and ball testing. Lot's of fun.
    As always good job dev team.

USA Brigadier General

oooh buck and ball sounds nice, and I'm glad you can reload it your musket with buck and ball then reload with a minieball(or whatever the 1842 uses, sorry I'm no expert at civil war firearms)

That reminds me 4 updates within two weeks, I'm getting anxious, makes me think something big is coming

Did any of you notice an FPS improvement compared to the last event when there were 30-40 players on?

Personally, last event I would have around 20-25 fps when looking at most of the players. Now I had around 35-40.

USA Captain

buck and ball 69th is happy

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Did any of you notice an FPS improvement compared to the last event when there were 30-40 players on?

Personally, last event I would have around 20-25 fps when looking at most of the players. Now I had around 35-40.
    If I could get on any more I'd tell you, but I consistently crash just after the join server selection comes up.
    Really need that system upgrade. It's coming.

Here's a small update for you

February 13th - Update 44 (released)

- Fixed the fully automatic Springfield M1861

USA Major

worst update ever
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=398&dateline=14457033  52