Page 74 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    SWEET!

Congrats!

clap.gif

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    September 20th - Update 73 (released)

- Added first version of a directional based melee system. When attacking you will always hit the center of where ever your view is pointed at, making it possible to aim your hits.
    - Changed bayonet & sword stabs required to kill someone from 1 to 2 in order to bring the non vital areas being hit into the damage equation. It is the plan to replace this with a hitbox damage system that will determine whether the player requires 1 or 2 hits to take down (for instance torso, head = 1 hit to kill, legs, arms = 2 hits to kill) and thus bring in a higher amount of player skill to melee as well as a higher degree of uncertainty as to the outcome of the fight.
    - Added screen effects when the player gets hit by the bayonet or hit by a rifle swing. Additional sounds for the effects will be added in a future update.
    - When the player gets hit by a rifle swing, the amount of available stamina gets somewhat capped. When stabbed by the bayonet, the amount of available stamina gets severely limited.
    - While in melee mode with a bayonet attached, if the player starts aiming and left clicks just before being fully aimed, the player will no longer unintentionally thrust with the bayonet.
    - The player can now only move at the quicktime speed while thrusting the bayonet or swinging the rifle.
    - When reload or fix/unfix bayonet is cancelled, the player can immediately start moving, without having to wait for the soldier to shoulder arms.
    - The soldier no longer pulls the rifle up to the chest when double quicking in melee mode. While in melee mode with a bayonet attached, the bayonet is always pointing forwards.
    - Added a new sprint animation for the officer when wielding the sword, when not in melee mode.
    - Fixed an animation glitch when reloading a long arm rifle while kneeled, the rifle would spin 360 degrees. The fix will soon be applied to short arms as well.
    - Added footstep sounds when double quicking with a sword.
    - Possible fix for a potential crash when joining a server.

Known issues

- It is still not possible to melee attack through the gaps in a fence.
    Thank you! Some much needed fixes!
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Captain

Fantastic news devs! Hope to see this put into great effect on Sunday's event.

CSA Captain

I had a small update just a minute ago, what was the hotfix?
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    I had a small update just a minute ago, what was the hotfix?
    No update has been applied in the last 12 hours.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

How strange, it was 27mb and then gone!!!!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    How strange, it was 27mb and then gone!!!!
    I think this was brought up a while back, it's just a random update that occurs after some updates where either you didn't download everything correctly or it has something to do with drivers. there are also some other reasons but i believe if you search in this thread near the beginning you might find the post about it.

CSA Captain

I have downloaded the same patch (27mb) in the same day as Charles Caldwell ...

It was a small hotfix we released 30 minutes after the most recent update. It fixed a crash that had slipped from our internal testing.

CSA Captain

In my opinion the lose of stamina from melee is way over done and not needed. The two stabs to kill should have been sufficient. Again just my opinion.