Page 66 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Dether View Post
    I do have to say... the same guy kills team mates over and over changes his name and just comes back.... and I know you understand that the server crashes are tough... I have no doubt you are all working your asses off on this so I do not have great problems with it except that I fear others may leave and find another (much lesser) game. I do know they will be back but we need help to develop this game.... (just my opinion)
    Yesteday's update was the biggest back end system update yet since Skirmishes was released three months ago. You guys are our testers. We don't have 64 people to stress test how a build handles on the servers before it is released. Naturally, invisible player & server crashing issues introduced with the latest patch is our top priority to fix.

I have no problems with people getting tired of bugs. I do have an issue with them threatening to "take it to steam" though as they appearently have forgotten entirely that this is what they bought into. An early test version of the final product.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    You need to remind yourself that you are testing an incomplete product. Please, do take it to Steam by all means if that makes you happy.

- Trusty
    Its not soo much the crashes trust me we understand that comes with where the game is at. The troubling thing is the constant team killing by one person over and over again. It really takes away from the enjoyment of playing this game and it comes down to one person.

Quote Originally Posted by n. burnette View Post
    Its not soo much the crashes trust me we understand that comes with where the game is at. The troubling thing is the constant team killing by one person over and over again. It really takes away from the enjoyment of playing this game and it comes down to one person.
    That's another case of part of what it is to play an incomplete product. A satisfactory admin tool to temp or perm ban trolls is being worked on, but not ready yet.

Once it is ready people like that are naturally going to be banned from all official servers.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Yesteday's update was the biggest back end system update yet since Skirmishes was released three months ago. You guys are our testers. We don't have 64 people to stress test how a build handles on the servers before it is released. Naturally, invisible player & server crashing issues introduced with the latest patch is our top priority to fix.

I have no problems with people getting tired of bugs. I do have an issue with them threatening to "take it to steam" though as they appearently have forgotten entirely that this is what they bought into. An early test version of the final product.

- Trusty
    believe me I understand... we just want to know it is YOU know it is to be addressed... I have no doubt it will be.. alpha is what it is.. I'm in for the run..
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    need to fix your servers you broke the game and u didnt say anythingn about 5 sec between pistol shots u never said that and tonite the team killer for last weekend that we posted about was back tonite and started tking again you solved nothing fix your game please and fix the tkers or do we need to take this to steam
    Tuskin,

I am tired of my nightly reading of the forums being interrupted by your uneducated rambling, and your hollow empty threats towards our devs . It has been made quite clear by the devs that they do not care who you think you are, or what you do. So allow me to make a threat of my own, stop the childish banter, or ill do my best to have you removed from Ewell's Division, then you will be free to make yourself look like an ass as much as you please for you are doing no service to the 6th LA, or any other unit of the Division. In short "cut the shit".

If you feel that you are being treated unfairly, please do feel free to use your Chain of Command, and have your CO contact me, most likely I will have already been in contact with him but I want to make sure you are treated fairly.

Respectfully,

See signature below
    Pvt. Martin Brockenbrough's Battery A, I Corps

In honor of:
    Sgt. Benjamin J. Martin
    15th Alabama Infantry, Company E.
    Southern Cross of Honor Recipient

Personal Service Record
    U.S. ARMY SSGT. 11B20/2B/B4/5U
    6 Years Active Duty
    x2 Combat Deployments in OEF
    1-12 INF, 4th/2nd IBCT, 4ID

CSA Major

Morning Gentlemen.
    That's enough now, please keep consideration as to the purpose of the thread.

Warmest regards.

CSA Major

trusty i never in any shape or form ever threatened you with taking it to the steam forums over the crashing and invisible players problem, it was all about the rampant tking by a certain individual that you are now fully aware of and didnt seem, in the players eyes who he was tking, to care much when we first brought it your attention,m i fully understand want an alpha is, i probably have been playing online games alot longer than you as i am a very old fart and have no problems with the growing pains of games what i will not stand for is rampart griefing and tking by players and dev seen to not care or in our eyes didnt seem to care and that may have been a wrong assumption but you have to see it from our pt of view it happened over two weekends and all we got was we are workng on it

it seems we have got your attention about the said tker now and all is well in my book, just would like when we bring a major problem to the dev attention we can get something other than just working on it
    you have a great game going just dont want to see it go the way naval action did, keep up
    the good work and just fix the problems of the patch and people will be happy

sal

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

My day is made.

Trusty,

If I may. I think the update (from a consumer standpoint that doesn't know what coding issues there may be) has good points and not so good points.

The good:
    -Map Update
    -sound update

The not so good
    -Severe limitation of Officers and NCOs
    -Confederate soldiers dressed 100% in union uniforms
    -invisible teammates
    -constant crashing

I have faith that you all will continue to do the awesome work you all are known for doing and are able to rectify these issues. This being in alpha stage and us having alpha access makes it to where we can provide feedback, positive and negative in order to better assist you all in releasing a game that surpasses the others inside and outside of their category. Thanks for the hard work!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    My day is made.

Trusty,

If I may. I think the update (from a consumer standpoint that doesn't know what coding issues there may be) has good points and not so good points.

The good:
    -Map Update
    -sound update

The not so good
    -Severe limitation of Officers and NCOs
    -Confederate soldiers dressed 100% in union uniforms
    -invisible teammates
    -constant crashing

I have faith that you all will continue to do the awesome work you all are known for doing and are able to rectify these issues. This being in alpha stage and us having alpha access makes it to where we can provide feedback, positive and negative in order to better assist you all in releasing a game that surpasses the others inside and outside of their category. Thanks for the hard work!
    Why are the confederate soldiers dressed in blue uniforms?
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Why are the confederate soldiers dressed in blue uniforms?
    I have no idea...I hesitated to kill them when I noticed he was wearing a confederate hat. I will post a pick when I get home tonight.