Page 75 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

Quote Originally Posted by jwhal View Post
    In my opinion the lose of stamina from melee is way over done and not needed. The two stabs to kill should have been sufficient. Again just my opinion.
    Thank you for the feedback!

How the melee systems work with each other is still very much being developed on - expect to see tweaks & additions for quite a while yet before it is "done".

- Trusty

In my opinion the lose of stamina from melee is way over done and not needed. The two stabs to kill should have been sufficient. Again just my opinion.
    Every mechanic, realistic or not, that will prevent or make melee less rare/more avoidable should be kept, or added if it isnt in yet.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Captain

It does not matter what they do your not going to stop melee. You have a one shot rifle with a bayonet and you have to push the enemy off the point or hold the point. There is going to be charges and melee it's just going to happen what ever they do. Lining up in pretty lines and shooting at each other is what some people want but it's not going to win the point. If you want that they are going to have to change the objectives.

It does not matter what they do your not going to stop melee. You have a one shot rifle with a bayonet and you have to push the enemy off the point or hold the point. There is going to be charges and melee it's just going to happen what ever they do. Lining up in pretty lines and shooting at each other is what some people want but it's not going to win the point. If you want that they are going to have to change the objectives.
    Lining up in pretty lines is exactly what we want to be the norm - and we're working towards just that using several systems to make it a reality. The changes to the melee (of course they are subject to change as everything else) is only the first step. More sustainable lines when the flag bearer spawn comes in (effectively simulating the reserves of the regiments) as well as a formation buff - yes, we're working on a buff system that rewards grouping up with your comrades (hard to do when charging into melee) with the possibility (once the system has been fleshed out) of changing values such as stamina, suppression, flag bearer spawn ticket cost to the individual affected/not affected by the buff or lesser morale cost to the team when dying (think 0.1 ticket per death when buffed instead of the normal 1 ticket) are other parts of the overall system "nudging" teams as well as individual players to stay together.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Staying together is fine and good. We encourage that. But as long as taking or holding the point is the objective it's going to come down to melee to finish the job.

Staying together is fine and good. We encourage that. But as long as taking or holding the point is the objective it's going to come down to melee to finish the job.
    You’re right. Emphasis there on finish the job. Meaning it shouldn’t be the main tool used throughout the job.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Agreed. By the way nice seeing you on last night.

USA Major

I don't know if this already being worked on and if this is even the correct place to talk about this but the hitboxes in the new patch are well fucked, I am maybe one of the few that actually prefered the old melee system. The new one just doesn't seem to work properly you can't reall suprise attack people anymore as really even when aiming for the belly of someone it for some reason always take 2 stabs wich is the most annoying thing ever, as melee just turned into 2 guys trying to outstab eachother. And sorry again if i misposted on the wrong thread.

~Timo
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Timo420 View Post
    I don't know if this already being worked on and if this is even the correct place to talk about this but the hitboxes in the new patch are well fucked, I am maybe one of the few that actually prefered the old melee system. The new one just doesn't seem to work properly you can't reall suprise attack people anymore as really even when aiming for the belly of someone it for some reason always take 2 stabs wich is the most annoying thing ever, as melee just turned into 2 guys trying to outstab eachother. And sorry again if i misposted on the wrong thread.

~Timo
    Melee was a rare, rare thing in the Civil War. WoR in no way would be able to justly call itself a simulator, or even realistic, if it had any emphasis on melee.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Melee was a rare, rare thing in the Civil War. WoR in no way would be able to justly call itself a simulator, or even realistic, if it had any emphasis on melee.
    It's also important to remember that these are still skirmishes, even a full 32 v 32 server is microscopic compared with the massive, bloody battles of the Civil War. I'm sure there was a higher chance of melee combat during those kinds of minor clashes, but I also highly doubt that they simply fired off their shot and immediately charged the way that WoR players tend to considering they actually wanted to live to see their families again. Sneaking up on the enemy as effectively as we do in WoR is also unrealistic, IMO, because someone charging at you with a bayonet, regardless of whether they kept their mouths shut or screamed their heads off, wouldn't be difficult to perceive coming well in advance. Unfortunately the only purely realistic way to discourage Rambo-behavior would be to give everyone a single precious life per game, which I don't think anyone would be in favor of. Anything that can discourage relying on the bayonet without reaching that extreme is A-OK with me.