Page 78 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

USA Captain

Nice!

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    I'm loving these patches, more please more... lets get the servers buzzing again. Im loving HF:NaW but the realism thrills of WoRs is whats I miss.
    Servers probably wont buzz until they fix the officer slots and limited regiments.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    While we are on the subject of melee, I would say that for now keep the stamina losses and such but get rid of the two hit kill thing because whoever got the first stab has basically won anyways, the other person can't run away without a very very high chance of being caught, I've been on both ends enough to know this is what happens. I do agree though in keeping the stamina effect to try and keep some form of deterrent to charging constantly, but two hits is dumb.
    While it is rare that someone will survive after the first hit, it is possible if your fellow players save you by driving off the attackers. But regardless it does do one thing, it makes the person meleeing have to stop and finish that attack before moving on to attack others. Somewhat artificial but effective.
    Lightfoot

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Servers probably wont buzz until they fix the officer slots and limited regiments.
    I really doubt that 'fixing' officer slots and limited regiments would change much, prior to that patch, the game was in a similar state to what it is now in regards to traffic.

USA Major

So wait people actually want to unlock the officers again? Wy is it such a problem if you have to be a rifleman when leading your men?
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Timo420 View Post
    So wait people actually want to unlock the officers again? Wy is it such a problem if you have to be a rifleman when leading your men?
    ego
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    While it is rare that someone will survive after the first hit, it is possible if your fellow players save you by driving off the attackers. But regardless it does do one thing, it makes the person meleeing have to stop and finish that attack before moving on to attack others. Somewhat artificial but effective.
    I actually had a situation the day after the patch, when the enemy wandered upon me in the west woods, got one stabby stab into me, where my screen turned black and white and blurry, but I was able to control enough that I got my muzzle down and fired point blank, and saw my stabby stabby enemy demise before my eyes. I was able to get away and recover my screen back to being full of color and I survived the melee attack.
    Civil War Ancestors:

October 6th - Update 77 Released!

- Added first version of the formation buff system. This system (to be expanded upon in the future) is part of our ongoing efforts at making tight group play a viable strategy and, hopefully, eventually the norm in-game. In order for the formation buff to kick in - players will have to gather in a tight group or formation. The specific numbers of players required to activate the formation buff and the area covered by the formation buff will be tweaked upon during the next several updates. We will also soon display on the UI if you're "Out of Line" or "In Formation" to give you better feedback. If the formation buff is active you will recover faster from the effects of incoming artillery and gunshots. You will also get affected less by said effects. In the near future morale cost when dying will also be heavily reduced when being under the effect of the formation buff.
    - Added first version of our dynamic player speed system. This system is being built with the goal of easing general formation movements. Its initial version will check for player positions a few meters in front of you. If a player is detected, your speed (at quicktime or double quick) will be sped up slightly until you've cought up with the person in front of you. The system will also lower your speed if you're getting far too close to the person. In the future, we'll experiment with the possibility of tracking players to your sides in an effort to help with line movements also.
    - Reduced player collision area size, meaning tighter formations will be possible.
    - Added initial banning system. While not complete, we now have the option of banning offenders on our servers.
    - Aiming in melee animation transitions fixed.
    - Animation transition going from at the ready to charging improved.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

I'm glad to see the updates so often, but man having to download 1+GB updates every other day is getting old. I feel like every time I get a chance to play I have to wait for an update.

USA Captain

thanks Trusty, grabbing it now!