Page 48 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    How long is forever?
    I have had it go for almost 5 mins then the night time sounds start playing, then after a few seconds the battle sounds start and the faction selection screen appears. I did a little testing and it seems to only happen to me when I attempt to join a server that is at max capacity, which I assume is 64, or when it is close to that number. I can only think that maybe the server is trying to "queue" joining players, which would be a cause of some of the server instabilities. I've just been Alt-TABing and browsing the internet while it tries to load in the background. Once I hear the crickets I switch back and it works fine. Well fine, until I crash to desktop again. But this is all just from my experience, I haven't gone through trial and errors with other players so all of this is really just unsubstantiated unless anyone else or the devs can chime in.
    Join Today
    Click Above

USA Captain

The black screen when queuing is a little disturbing, at the beginning I thought my game crashed. Till I stand up of my chair for 2 mins, I was on the nation selection menu when I came back.

Maybe a message like "Stand by, you will be deployed soon" will not confuse players which doesn't know this particularity.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Fossoyeur View Post
    Maybe a message like "Stand by, you will be deployed soon" will not confuse players which doesn't know this particularity.
    Good idea!

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

CSA Captain

Finally! Even now (not really finished product) it is really fun to play the game. Thanks devs!

USA General of the Army

And now we wait for artillery to be implemented...

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    It's going to be a long long time but I know that feeling! Maybe my men will actually show up or maybe i'll actually get men that will show up! XD But right now I would love the crashes fixed.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    If ... if you think the infantry part of this is concluded with the skirmish release, I think you may be gravely mistaken.

CSA Captain

just a quick question, i wanted to upload some crash reports by cant find the error.dmp...its not in Steam\steamapps\common\War of Rights
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by J.Stockton View Post
    I have had it go for almost 5 mins then the night time sounds start playing, then after a few seconds the battle sounds start and the faction selection screen appears. I did a little testing and it seems to only happen to me when I attempt to join a server that is at max capacity, which I assume is 64, or when it is close to that number. I can only think that maybe the server is trying to "queue" joining players, which would be a cause of some of the server instabilities. I've just been Alt-TABing and browsing the internet while it tries to load in the background. Once I hear the crickets I switch back and it works fine. Well fine, until I crash to desktop again. But this is all just from my experience, I haven't gone through trial and errors with other players so all of this is really just unsubstantiated unless anyone else or the devs can chime in.
    Aye when trying to join a large number player server I have had the loading screen go for half an hour before I finally gave up :/ I even dropped all my settings to low just to see if I could get in that way.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    If ... if you think the infantry part of this is concluded with the skirmish release, I think you may be gravely mistaken.
    I'm not saying it is, but if the infantry is this good already I cannot wait to see what the artillery will be like.