Page 62 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

USA Major

Looking forward to test it tomorrow! Thanks for the team's dedication

CSA Major

Excellent.
    I look forward to trying it out later this evening.

CSA Captain

Great addition with the team tab, much needed. It also proves the amount of work that goes into even little changes, I noted a 2.2gb patch.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Great addition with the team tab, much needed. It also proves the amount of work that goes into even little changes, I noted a 2.2gb patch.
    It depends on which files we change/add. The game is seperated into various archives of 100-400 mb in size. Weapons, characters, vegetation and so on. If any file in any of those archives are changed, then that entire archive will have to be redownloaded.

CSA Major

What's with that update today?

July 24th - Update 64 (released)

Sixth skirmish area: Hagerstown Turnpike The next skirmish area up for release is the continuation of the 5th skirmish area to be released, Union General Hooker’s push down through the cornfield in the morning hours of September, 17th, starting the Battle of Antietam/Sharpsburg. Upon leaving Miller’s Cornfield, the Union regiments 2nd United States Sharpshooters, and the 6th & 2nd Wisconsin attacked the Confederates (Starke & Taliaferro Brigades, of Jackson’s Division) consisting of Louisiana & Virginia regiments, who were defending the Hagerstown Turnpike, a road running next to the cornfield. Its fenced in sides and the road itself functioned as a clear line between Jackson’s forces located in the West Woods and Hooker’s just south of the cornfield.

The Hagerstown Turnpike skirmish area is an open battle area, fit for line battles. It’s a small area compared to some of our bigger areas and thus should ensure carnage and action from the start of the match until the end. The skirmish area will also mark the last time the Union is to be on the offensive for a while - we look forward to be seeing how well our Union players are at defending in the next skirmish areas to be released!

Attachment 6800

- Added 9th Louisiana Zouave unit
    - Made the Union and Confederacy be on the same side on the compass and on the tab view.
    - Made the camera shake in more directions from artillery shell impacts
    - Cloud shadows are more accurate
    - Readjusted the colors and shading of most assets, resulting in a more natural look
    - Made the night time lighting slightly brighter so it's a bit easier to play if its daylight at your location.

CSA Major

Fantastic! It's great to see a new unit added!

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    July 24th - Update 64 (released)

Sixth skirmish area: Hagerstown Turnpike The next skirmish area up for release is the continuation of the 5th skirmish area to be released, Union General Hooker’s push down through the cornfield in the morning hours of September, 17th, starting the Battle of Antietam/Sharpsburg. Upon leaving Miller’s Cornfield, the Union regiments 2nd United States Sharpshooters, and the 6th & 2nd Wisconsin attacked the Confederates (Starke & Taliaferro Brigades, of Jackson’s Division) consisting of Louisiana & Virginia regiments, who were defending the Hagerstown Turnpike, a road running next to the cornfield. Its fenced in sides and the road itself functioned as a clear line between Jackson’s forces located in the West Woods and Hooker’s just south of the cornfield.

The Hagerstown Turnpike skirmish area is an open battle area, fit for line battles. It’s a small area compared to some of our bigger areas and thus should ensure carnage and action from the start of the match until the end. The skirmish area will also mark the last time the Union is to be on the offensive for a while - we look forward to be seeing how well our Union players are at defending in the next skirmish areas to be released!

Attachment 6800

- Added 9th Louisiana Zouave unit
    - Made the Union and Confederacy be on the same side on the compass and on the tab view.
    - Made the camera shake in more directions from artillery shell impacts
    - Cloud shadows are more accurate
    - Readjusted the colors and shading of most assets, resulting in a more natural look
    - Made the night time lighting slightly brighter so it's a bit easier to play if its daylight at your location.
    Very happy to see another Louisiana unit, though I have to nitpick, the 9th Louisiana is a regular infantry regiment and they never wore zouave uniforms.

The correct designation would be 9th Louisiana Infantry Regiment or 9th Louisiana Infantry, not 9th Louisiana Zouaves.

I haven't had a chance to see the new La regiment but do they wear the zouave uniform in-game, any screens of the new unit? Also what weapons are they equipped with in-game? the enfield and springfields would be correct.

Just curious as this is my favorite regiment.
    Last edited by Legion; 07-25-2017 at 04:53 AM.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA Major

Nice thanks a lot, devs!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Very happy to see another Louisiana unit, though I have to nitpick, the 9th Louisiana is a regular infantry regiment and they never wore zouave uniforms.

The correct designation would be 9th Louisiana Infantry Regiment or 9th Louisiana Infantry, not 9th Louisiana Zouaves.

I haven't had a chance to see the new La regiment but do they wear the zouave uniform in-game, any screens of the new unit? Also what weapons are they equipped with in-game? the enfield and springfields would be correct.

Just curious as this is my favorite regiment.
    I agree, they aren't zouaves. I did get to play them, most of their weapons are springfields, some with buck n ball. They are dressed similar to other confederate units, gray and brown, all gray, and etc.

20170724232729_1.jpgofficer
    20170724232843_1.jpgcorporal
    20170724233012_1.jpgflag bearer
    20170724233121_1.jpgprivate
    20170724233217_1.jpgSergeant Major

if you can notice, all the men are wearing pelican belt buckles
    Last edited by Saris; 07-25-2017 at 05:51 AM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX