Page 76 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Timo420 View Post
    I don't know if this already being worked on and if this is even the correct place to talk about this but the hitboxes in the new patch are well fucked, I am maybe one of the few that actually prefered the old melee system. The new one just doesn't seem to work properly you can't reall suprise attack people anymore as really even when aiming for the belly of someone it for some reason always take 2 stabs wich is the most annoying thing ever, as melee just turned into 2 guys trying to outstab eachother. And sorry again if i misposted on the wrong thread.

~Timo
    Currently it's always two stab kills. The part about 1 or 2 stab kill (limb or torso hitboxes) will be coming in the future updates.

CSA Major

Well, me personally, I don't mind two stabs. I would usually just rely on stabbing someone, even though he had his gun loaded. Now, I really like having a bullet loaded to fight with, and the bayonet is for last resort.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Two stabs will work better at alleviating the level bayonet run through all the opposing players until stopped.

CSA Major

Yes, and some people get upset at "I snuck up behind the company and I should insta-kill one of them." My response is, you shouldn't try to run up behind a formed line and try to stab everyone. You would never run by yourself and attempt to backstab the entire line.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Timo420 View Post
    as melee just turned into 2 guys trying to out stab each other.

~Timo
    Isn't melee between two enemies with bayonets, exactly what you described ^?
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Major

I think he means, that instead of them trying either back off and try to shoot him. Before the patch, I planned most of my combat in how to stab someone, using the rifle for last resorts. Now i've been planning on using my rifle for 1 confirmed killed, and then using my bayonet for last resorts. I also like that when you get stabbed, you have a chance of running away. So you can rout the enemy a bit easier, instead of every battle being to the death.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    I think he means, that instead of them trying either back off and try to shoot him. Before the patch, I planned most of my combat in how to stab someone, using the rifle for last resorts. Now i've been planning on using my rifle for 1 confirmed killed, and then using my bayonet for last resorts. I also like that when you get stabbed, you have a chance of running away. So you can rout the enemy a bit easier, instead of every battle being to the death.
    this is my opinion as well, I found this to be exactly the way I have changed my play.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

September 28th - Update 74 (released)

SlouchHats.jpg

- The morale cost of each player death now depends on the amounts of players on the server. If the server is scarcely populated, you no longer have to kill roughly 200 enemy players in order to win the game by enemy team morale loss. For example, if the server has 64 players, the morale cost of a death is 100%, if the server has 32 players, the morale cost is 200% and so on.
    - Camera effects will now only trigger if you were actually hit by a minieball or a melee attack on the server. Previously they would sometimes trigger if you actually werent hit, and sometimes they wouldnt trigger, even though you got hit.
    - Reduced the blackness effect when getting stabbed by a bayonet.
    - Added a special WIP sound when yourself and other players gets shot in the head.
    - Blood pools from dead players will first spawn when the dead body is lying still, causing blood pools to always spawn underneath dead players.
    - Decal pass on the buildings of Antietam.
    - Added more destroyed sections of cornfield on various skirmish areas.
    - Updated the Slouch hats, giving them a more worn / out of shape look.
    - Improved the LODs for the equipment.
    - Fixed a crash immediately after pressing Join Game in the server browser.
    - Reduced the amount of force applied to a killed player in melee, reducing the amount the bodies are being pushed back.

Known Issues

- Pressing Q as an officer to draw a line is currently disabled until the crash fix is implemented.

thanks we support your works for ever ^^
    Captain P. Clebrune
    Commander of
    Company F "French Legion"

In 6th Louisana Tiger Batallion

USA Major

Nice, the moral scaling sounds good!