Thread: Melee, swords and bayonets

CSA Colonel

Melee, swords and bayonets

I understand that as this is very early alpha melee will act the same as it is now for a very long time. I'm curious as to how it will be added upon, more animations and different stats depending on the rifle and bayonet. As to swords I understand that it is more a symbol than a combat tool but how will it work in melee as compared to a bayonet?

USA Lieutenant Colonel

From what I understand the player will be able to block eventually, and maybe even block and attack in different directions with a sword. I would like to see a feature where you can hit an enemy's sword or bayonet away, like a parry. Also I would like to see a feature where you can use the butt of a musket or rifle.

CSA Captain

Perhaps a system similar to Mount and Blade would suit well for bayonet and Sword combat. I understand that historically not many people during the civil war got within melee distance, but I think the developers need to realize that these are not real people. People at their computers can pull insane stunts off in combat where they couldn't in real life. I don't think melee combat should be downplayed. Give it the same loving touch that you (the developers) have given the firing system.
    Last edited by Bravescot; 01-04-2017 at 03:46 AM.

USA General of the Army

Thread locked due to unneeded revival.