Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the forum!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff818 View Post
    Please explain to me why, when I went into tools to fill out the form it would reply, In my opinion an improper response, saying I was "too old" to sign up. I paid the Captain's support money but my rank is not shown in the forum. Telling me to "go home" due to age is both improper and insulting in a PC game.
    To add your rank badge to your account. Click on the "change forum badge" and follow steps to link your email to your account.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Please explain to me why, when I went into tools to fill out the form it would reply, In my opinion an improper response, saying I was "too old" to sign up. I paid the Captain's support money but my rank is not shown in the forum. Telling me to "go home" due to age is both improper and insulting in a PC game.
    Hi there!

I'm sorry you've been insulted - that was not the intention. Apologies.

The company tool profile is a as much a role playing tool as a company organization tool. We have thus set ages that would somewhat fit recruiting requirements (not possible to roleplay as a soldier older than 65 for instance).

- Trusty

USA Captain

Thank you for clearing up the question of age. I have now "enlisted" in the U.S. Army (for the second time in my life), but I hope I'm not arrested for giving my age as 50 which makes me 29 years younger than I am (my wife who is 78 will be happy to hear it). Thank you for your apology, that was much appreciated. Also thanks to Saris for showing me how to get my rank to show. Being a civil war buff who has visited and enjoyed Gettysburg, and the civil war graves at Arlington as well as several civil war museums I'm really looking forward to playing this game.

Thank you for clearing up the question of age. I have now "enlisted" in the U.S. Army (for the second time in my life), but I hope I'm not arrested for giving my age as 50 which makes me 29 years younger than I am (my wife who is 78 will be happy to hear it). Thank you for your apology, that was much appreciated. Also thanks to Saris for showing me how to get my rank to show. Being a civil war buff who has visited and enjoyed Gettysburg, and the civil war graves at Arlington as well as several civil war museums I'm really looking forward to playing this game.
    I'm sure you're not the first one "forgetting" your actual date of birth when signing up at the recruiting office. Your secret is safe with us!

Thank you for the kind words - looking forward to be meeting you on the field of battle!

- Trusty

CSA Major

Welcome Wolff!

Banned
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to WoR. I've only had the game about a week and I'm loving it. I basically bought a computer for it (I needed it for other things too)...I'm also a "Civil War" geek with tons of family history in it.

I just played in my first legit match the other night. The first couple days I was not seeing any big matches, maybe 15 people at the most. But on Sunday afternoon, I got on and noticed a packed room with 50+ people. It was amazing. There were guys playing the trumpet, role playing, and just generally getting into the game. Server also was running great.

My only question is, when will I be able to post new threads?
    Last edited by Younger Longest; 11-27-2017 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Younger Longest View Post
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to WoR. I've only had the game about a week and I'm loving it. I basically bought a computer for it (I needed it for other things too)...I'm also a "Civil War" geek with tons of family history in it.

I just played in my first legit match the other night. The first couple days I was not seeing any big matches, maybe 15 people at the most. But on Sunday afternoon, I got on and noticed a packed room with 15+ people. It was amazing. There were guys playing the trumpet, role playing, and just generally getting into the game. Server also was running great.

My only question is, when will I be able to post new threads?
    Welcome to the forum and thank you for supporting the development of the game!

You will need to have a few posts before you can create new threads. This is in order to filter out the worst spambots.

- Trusty

Banned
    Another question (sorry if it's been posted before)

Has anyone had success programing a controller to use for this game? I tried using my xbox 1 controller, which works with the game...but I could not figure out how to get it operating smoothly. In other words, does anyone have a template of how to assign the keys to a controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Younger Longest View Post
    Another question (sorry if it's been posted before)

Has anyone had success programing a controller to use for this game? I tried using my xbox 1 controller, which works with the game...but I could not figure out how to get it operating smoothly. In other words, does anyone have a template of how to assign the keys to a controller?
    Never read anything about this before. Guess you can be the one :-)
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

Banned
    Another question. How do your change your screen name while playing WoR. For example, my game name is my email for some reason (marti237), but I would like to change it to my forum name (Younger Longest)