Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Spectating For Casters and Recording Battles

CSA Captain

Free Spectating For Casters and Recording Battles

It would be cool to have an option to free spectate so you can record battles and allow youtube war-casters to record content. I understand that this could be used for cheating, such as giving detailed information about enemy locations to your friends, but I still think a smooth-moving free camera would be beneficial. There just needs to be a system to prevent abuse (I don't know what said system would be).

Yeah, definitely should be in so that casters like Chadman will be able to cast the glorious battles we are going to have.

Some restrictions definitely need to be in place though, but yeah, gonna be a bit tricky doing that but oh well. I'm sure the developers will come up with some creative solution.

CSA Major

Why not just have the ability to record tracks like in Rise of Flight, then after the battle you can go back and re-watch the track and them edit and make the video you want. This way there is no cheating.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

That should be a feature. That would be awesome. I could record many battles. Nice thought.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Why not just have the ability to record tracks like in Rise of Flight, then after the battle you can go back and re-watch the track and them edit and make the video you want. This way there is no cheating.
    +1!

CSA Major

You should also have the ability to turn it on and off during battle, that way you can focus on recording the action if you wan't

CSA Captain

Yeah I guess that would solve the problem. Good call, and God go with you and your Louisianians.

USA Major

Hey, a fellow Rise of Flight pilot! I agree with your Idea and was kind of gonna post a suggestion involving this at some point but I guess I got beaten to it.
    "I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Major General John Sedgwick: His last words.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Henronicus View Post
    Hey, a fellow Rise of Flight pilot! I agree with your Idea and was kind of gonna post a suggestion involving this at some point but I guess I got beaten to it.
    You fly online?
    My name is Legion7, I fly with Cayote Duster most of the time on wargrounds (I think that's what it's called)

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Something post Battle (like a saved replay) I wouldn't mind seeing but having this stuff during the match would just lead to people Cheating.It'll be bad enough with people being Stream sniped, add a tool that just lets people do this all the time and it'll just be exploited into the ground.

In Company of heroes 2 you get a replay file of the last Battle you played where you can view the battle from any of the Units (yours and the enemies) perspective. Would be fun to have this in WOR, but it could be very Memory Hungry (recording Videos of the Alpha in Bandicam, even small ones only a few minutes long, take up quite a lot of space).