Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: officer eye

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

officer eye

The sights on the revolvers are horrible. So maybe we could have their be a dot that is where the officer thinks the bullet will go however it can be way off.

he thinks the bullet will go directly into center and it hits the dirt below the target.

Overton Hood Gun For Hire

"Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave".- Thomas Jonathan Jackson

USA Captain

what
    Captain Adam G. Malloy, 6th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry Regiment, Company A

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram Lee View Post
    The sights on the revolvers are horrible. So maybe we could have their be a dot that is where the officer thinks the bullet will go however it can be way off.

he thinks the bullet will go directly into center and it hits the dirt below the target.
    an interesting idea there, but it will kinda kill the realism of the game, but i get where your going, as smoke, dirt, and other stuff settles on the sights may make it harder to aim
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ThomasHBates

1st New York Battery A, Empire Battery

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

im in the alpha and there really isnt sights

so its reall really hard to tell where the barrel is so just that extra little thing would be helpful

and to not kill the realism even if its in the middle of your target the bullet might fly low or high its not like CoD or Battlefield where that is where the bullet is going to go, its a general idea to help you know kinda where your shots gonna go.

"Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave".- Thomas Jonathan Jackson

You have such a dot infront of your eye in real life?

Nope.. its realistic so it will be like we have it right now.
    Revolver is ment to be hard to aim, so why should we change it?

The best idea to know, where you shooting at is training!

USA Captain

Revolvers are meant to be used at fairly close range surely, so it shouldn't matter all that much anyway

USA Brigadier General

The 1851 i think was one of the pistols that had the rear sights on the hammer. The 1858 has "gutter" sights.
    First Sergeant Joseph P. Brevett of Company B, 2nd Maryland Infantry

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;- William Shakespeare, Henry V

A Good Resource for The Maryland Campaign

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

alright then thank you for the responses

and to answer hinkel i do indeed have such a dot in front of my eyes and Doctors have no clue what it is

CSA Major

You might want to stop looking at the sun, mate.

It's really not good for you. That dot isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/HTh0TM0.png

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

it makes tests really hard but thats off topic