Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Company Video Contest

CSA Captain

Well, then let's hope that everything works out.
    Your Captain calls me Onii-chan.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thanks!

We've noted a relatively big group of guys are upset with the rewards, but as I said, they are staying for this contest so there's really no point in discussing it any further.

- Trusty
    Don't let people like those discourage you guys from including the community in future contests/promotions, please. Some of us just want an opportunity to help and aren't too concerned with inter-regimental politics.

P.S.: I like the front page idea, you should do that too

USA Captain

Has the contest ended? lol

Quote Originally Posted by General. Jackson View Post
    Has the contest ended? lol
    Yes, sorry for not coming out and saying it sooner in regards to the results. But we've been busy with the development as well as thinking about any possible use of the entries.

We've come to the conclussion that there will be no winner selected for this contest. We got two submissions, one consisted of random happenings on the server while the other was quite a bit more structured, featuring several companies. The former one did not have the sort of material we were looking for while the latter one didn't have the framerate we needed in order to pick it as a winner.

Again, sorry it took so long to come out and say it.

We'd like to thank the people behind both entries - we know it wasn't an easy task to get any sort of usable video material in such an early state as a tech. alpha.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant General

Wel i have been sleeping under a rock or something first time i hear of this. Sad to hear that the contest ended.

USA Captain

You could always do something similar in the future Trusty! Another indie game that is extremely community driven gets all concepts essentially from the majority of the community and see their opinions on it. They just had a map naming contest, crosshairs, clothing designs, weapon skin designs that all are featured in-game, it's really good to see.

WoR could do something similar like this contest in Skirm phase simply because it's kind of hard now especially with bugs and such. Thanks for the opportunity.

USA Lieutenant General

I just read through every single page of this thread. Let me tell you, that sure was one heck of a ride much sass up in here I must say.

RhettVito
    Yes, sorry for not coming out and saying it sooner in regards to the results. But we've been busy with the development as well as thinking about any possible use of the entries.

We've come to the conclusion that there will be no winner selected for this contest. We got two submissions, one consisted of random happenings on the server while the other was quite a bit more structured, featuring several companies. The former one did not have the sort of material we were looking for while the latter one didn't have the framerate we needed in order to pick it as a winner.

Again, sorry it took so long to come out and say it.

We'd like to thank the people behind both entries - we know it wasn't an easy task to get any sort of usable video material in such an early state as a tech. alpha.

- Trusty
    Could you reopen it for skirmish phase 1 since that will be more stable?

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    Could you reopen it for skirmish phase 1 since that will be more stable?
    Agreed, it felt like this was too early for most people to actually have a good training session
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Secretary of War

This looks awesome