Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Companies

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag View Post
    obviously not

If they can see a company actually exists they aren't going to take their thread down even if they aren't using it. They're only going to take the threads down that comprise of just a *wip* or *reserved* for companies that have made no attempt at forming on the company tool or on the forums.

in a few months time there is no excuse for a company to neither have a proper forum thread or presence on the company tool
    If they can see a company actually exists they aren't going to take their thread down even if they aren't using it. Well can that be confirmed by a dev or mod?

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag View Post
    obviously not

If they can see a company actually exists they aren't going to take their thread down even if they aren't using it. They're only going to take the threads down that comprise of just a *wip* or *reserved* for companies that have made no attempt at forming on the company tool or on the forums.

in a few months time there is no excuse for a company to neither have a proper forum thread or presence on the company tool
    Fair enough, from the way it was presented it gave some mixed messages. I belive Dutch also shares my point of view.

To be fair a company thread isnt all that needed as long as you are listed on the company list as all relevant info can be found on the tool page with links to the steam group for example.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

USA General of the Army

I don't get what's so hard to understand?

Threads that just say "W.i.p" or "reserved" are going to get removed after about 6 - 8 months if there is no company to speak of in the company tool, the owner hasn't been on in all that time and nobody is actively using the thread.

If you guys have put time and effort into your thread then we won't even consider deleting it for about 1 year. If we do then we will make a very serious effort to get in touch with said company to ask them if they're ever going to use the thread or if we can remove it. As you said there is a chance that they're just using their own thread on their own website and have just forgotten about their one on here.

We're not just going to run around deleting threads on an impulse, that would be an abuse of our powers. We do take each deleted thread seriously and take time with each one.

USA Lieutenant General

Just saw this thread, happy to see it exists.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by [WoR] Kiff View Post
    Just saw this thread, happy to see it exists.
    I have not really been enforcing it that well as of late but that will change in the near future.

- Kyle

USA 1st Lieutenant

so because they're not active on a forum for a game that doesn't exist yet (unless you want to shoot at each other and pretend to die) you're going to take away the company that is rightfully theirs?
    1st Lieutenant Rutger Müller, 6th Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, Company A

CSA Major

No, just the thread.
    Making a thread does not reserve the right to a company; only active participants who utilise the 'Company Tool' properly will reserve the right. This is about sweeping clean the forum of derelict and forgotten threads.

CSA Brigadier General

Not really lazyness I took my roster off the thread as there's one on the company tool. Far easier to work it there.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

I added one to my company page. But I don't know the Company tool should be enough.
    When will that be connected to game?