Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CSA Discovers the union drill camp

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by The Fearless Hussar View Post
    wait a second it is possible to get to the other camp's training areas? from what i've tried from the csa drill camp it wasnt possible to get to the Union shooting range or mellee practise zone. thats because they are far to the back of the Union drill camp and the barrier Near the Union drill camp wont let you go behind the camp(it doesnt let you go to the Union drill camp anyway).
    Apologies, slightly misleading. Very unintentional.

After a sprint from the edge of the "cut off zone" for desertion whilst looking at the Union Camp you can see the drill area in front of the flags, that I can confirm. But no, I've yet to see the target range and the bayonet practice areas. I said it is plausible to see them, but I've yet to see them. 15 minutes across the map to keep trying is not something I'd commit to. Feel free to try. It would be interesting if someone could confirm this, but without seeing any union soldiers practicing it doesn't have the same draw for me anymore.

I just like exploring the map now seeing what areas there are, what is elevated, defensively key, easy to access and so on.
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession

CSA Captain

I zoomed in at max on the picture, from far it looks like a union flag, but if you look VERY closely, it's a Confederate flag and the Bonnie Blue flag. In my opinion, this is false although i'm not entirely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleAfflux View Post
    I zoomed in at max on the picture, from far it looks like a union flag, but if you look VERY closely, it's a Confederate flag and the Bonnie Blue flag. In my opinion, this is false although i'm not entirely sure.
    for the last time this was a Union flag after all if it was the confederate camp then why didnt the camp icon appear on the screen when i pressed T even though i was on the eu csa drill camp? It is visibe on the screenshot that i had pressed T when i took it cause the time clock is on the screen and that appears only when you press T. Besides after i found the camp i have travelled there in game with other people as well who can also verify it was the Union camp with its 2flags and not the csa camp.

USA Lieutenant General

I was walking around the map for about thirty minutes trying to find it.. lol

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by The Fearless Hussar View Post
    for the last time this was a Union flag after all if it was the confederate camp then why didn't the camp icon appear on the screen when i pressed T even though i was on the csa drill camp? It is visibe on the screenshot that i had pressed T when i took it cause the time clock is on the screen and that appears only when you press T. Besides after i found the camp i have travelled there in game with other people as well who can also verify it was the Union camp with its 2flags and not the csa camp.
    Yeah I can say I went to the edge and yes it was a union flag. So I guess this is unhistorical because instead of McClellan finding the Confederates, we found the union... does this mean we might win Sharpsburg?

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DomDowg View Post
    Yeah I can say I went to the edge and yes it was a union flag. So I guess this is unhistorical because instead of McClellan finding the Confederates, we found the union... does this mean we might win Sharpsburg?
    Might? We WILL.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Might? We WILL.
    well as much as i would like to agree actually robert edward lee didnt want to fight McClellan straight on during his 1862 maryland campaign. antietam was just bad luck for the confederates(damn that lost order if it had never been found the south would have won). lee expected that McClellan would as he always was,extremely cautious and wouldnt quickly go after him(well he didnt move quickly even when he had the whole of lee's plans and let lee's army concentrate at antietam). he intended to seize harper's ferry avoid the Union army which would move extremely slowly due to Mclellan's cautioness and after his army was ready with guns from harper's ferry and provisions of the North(that would also help the war torn virginia) then he would fight McCellan on ground of his own choosing(because even if McClellan refused to attack him the politicians in Washington would Force him to or appoint someone else who would). And most of the battles where lee really choose the ground of battle ended in Southern victories so i would expect a Southern victory on such a scenario as well. After beating the main Union army between him and washington(the army of the potomac) he would be Free to get freerly supplied from PA or even besiege washington and most importantly the csa would gain europian recognition which would most probably mean the end of the war with a decicive Southern victory.