Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: in-game Pry House Representation question....

CSA Lieutenant General

Nah, they are not reversed. The vintage photos are taken from the left front of the house. Look at the same picture from the left front that you posted, and you'll see 2 less windows in the front left room of the house (they've obviously have been bricked up today). The left side of the house in 1860s was only the depth of the main house, not the extra addition. I've been to this house on numerous occassions.
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    Nah, they are not reversed. The vintage photos are taken from the left front of the house. Look at the same picture from the left front that you posted, and you'll see 2 less windows in the front left room of the house (they've obviously have been bricked up today). The left side of the house in 1860s was only the depth of the main house, not the extra addition. I've been to this house on numerous occassions.
    I'm telling you they are reversed images, here is an actual photo of the house during the war.

Here is the image from the op flipped to the proper orientation.
    B2.jpg
    Last edited by Legion; 08-31-2016 at 06:08 PM.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

CSA Lieutenant General

I suppose they could have been reversed. Doesn't make sense to me that the Museum of Civil War Medicine that runs the house would publish photos on their website, knowingly in the reverse. Take what I had to work with, I found two photo's, both showing the same angle and perspective of the house, both circa 1860's (complete with soldiers and wagons in front), and you surfaced one picture, with no soldiers in front. A black and white picture could have been taken anytime between the inception of the camera and the inception of colored film. So, honestly, with horses and what not, the picture you showed could have easily been from the early 1900's. Not denying the two photos I found could have been reversed, just making a point to look at my perspective. The two photos i found were both published by the organization that runs the joint, and both had soldiers in them. After closer examination, I suppose the incline in front of the house does support your reverse theory, but that's only because I've been to the house and have walked the grounds. So I concede, they sure may be reversed. I just don't know why the Museum would publish them as such. Make sense?

Here's one of the same images with the Museum caption on it LOL.

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/civil...?cb=1409066465
    Last edited by dmurray6; 08-31-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Major

That photo that I posted was taken by Alexander Gardner after the battle. Also i think the photos in the op are modern photos, it you look at the road you will notice that it's not a dirt road and looks like gravel and is in much better condition than the Alexander photo, and you can also see the sign to the museum in the picture.
    Last edited by Legion; 08-31-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion