Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Company Tool being released soon!

Company Tool being released soon!

Hello.

Today, in the honor of the 154th anniversary of the battle of Antietam, I have something very special to show you. A first glimpse on the actual, soon to come, company tool. Keep in mind that it is still very early in development since for the past long while, we have chosen to spend the majority of our time on developing the game and not the company tool. But lets get started.

The most important thing of this tool is reserving a company. It works like this:

When a company reaches 10 members, it becomes claimed.

If the claimed company falls below 5 members, it becomes unclaimed.

This means that we in fact can have more than 1000 20th Maine Company A companies. But as soon as 1 of those companies reach 10 members, the other companies will be asked to either pick a different letter for their company, or disband the company. As said above, if the claimed company falls below 5 members, 20th Maine Company A can again be created inside the tool and if the new company gets above 10 members, the old 20th Maine Company A company will need to pick a different letter or disband.

It also needs to be said that we don't require you to have pledged in order to create a profile and create/join companies inside the tool. In fact. Even real life reenactors could create a company inside this tool to organize themselves

Here's a couple of images as well as descriptions of the various pages inside the Company Tool

When you've created your profile. You have to choose your side. At the moment you can only have 1 account and that account can only join 1 side.

Then you need to fill out some information about yourself/your soldier

This is sort of the homepage for the company tool where you can see various information and search for companies / soldiers

And here you can see me opening a telegram I recieved from myself, lol

And here's an image of the telegram also having been sent to my email

Now I'm viewing the currently created companies in the Union army. Even though I chose to enlist as a union soldier, I can also view the confederate companies and confederate soldiers.

Now I am in the process of creating a company. It will only allow me to create a company which is not currently claimed by anybody else.

Now I am viewing my created company where a few soldiers have already joined. Each company has its company records which will display all the events that have occured in the company, such as promotions, desertions, discharges and so on. The list of soldiers only displays soldiers with a rank higher than Private. The volunteers list displays the soldiers who have volunteered to join the company. The staff of the company can choose to accept them into the company, or reject them.

Here you can see the options for the company, they can be edited by the person who created the company "The company owner" or anyone with a rank equal to or higher than the rank set in "Minimum staff rank". The company owner can demote himself to a private, but still have access to the company options. Only the company owner can disband the company.

Now I am in the process of writing a telegram which can only be done by soldiers with a rank higher than the one set in the "Minimum staff rank" in the company options.

Now I am viewing the company roster which displays all the soldiers in the company. Soldiers with a rank below the "Minimum staff rank" will not be able to see the "Options" next to each soldier. Clicking a soldier will bring you to their profile.

This screen pops up when the "Options" button next to a soldier is clicked. The company staff can either Discharge or dishonourably discharge soldiers. A soldier can also choose to desert on his own. Either one of these 3 actions will be displayed in the company records and or the soldiers service record. So keep in mind what you do, and dont desert companies too often, ask the officers to disband you.

Now I am viewing the company as a regular private. I can choose to desert at anytime I want. It will be marked in my service record though.

Now I am viewing Hinkels profile. Me being his officer in this instance, I can choose to write remarks about him if I wish. If Hinkel joins a different company, his new officer can decide to delete my remarks if he wants to.

I can also view Hinkels enlistment papers, if Hinkel were at this page, Hinkel could edit his enlistment papers.

We also have a huge variety of avatars to choose from which can be changed at anytime.

And here you can see probably the most important part about the company tool which is described above.

I am super excited to hear what you have to say about it, so all the feedback you have, ideas for new features. Throw them at me! We will continue to expand it with new features and at some point, also integrate it with the game itself.

RhettVito
    This is amazing !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by RhettVito; 09-17-2016 at 05:36 PM.

USA Captain

Hot damn, the company tool has even more functionality than I thought it was going to get! :O

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    Hot damn, the company tool has even more functionality than I thought it was going to get! :O
    And more to come

CSA Captain

Hinkel's been stealing apples again! the thief!

Looking good guys, can't wait to get my hands on it! I'm sure it will prove to be both invaluable and fun. Keep up the great work.
    Join Today
    Click Above

USA Captain

Very nice, excited for the release

USA General of the Army

All aboard the hype train!

USA Captain

Very great

USA Captain

Looks beautiful