View Poll Results: Should War of Rights Have an option for the Rebel Yell and Yankee Hurrah?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, War of Rights needs for added realism

55 74.32%
  • No, War of Rights does not need

3 4.05%
  • I do not care or I'll screem myself while playing

16 21.62%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rebel Yell and Yankee Hurrah to add realism to War of Rights

CSA Captain

I don't think that's a problem. Nothing breaks a charge's intimidation like a bunch of kids trying to emulate rebel yells. Would be perfect.

CSA Lieutenant General

I agree and at the very least prerecord the yell and map it to the y button for yell...as an added bonus in wooded areas you would know where your unit was if you became separated from it.

USA Captain

Relying on that instead of the voices of your comrades could have you following an entirely different regiment or brigade, though.

I personally would prefer player battle cries, simply because it feels that much more immersive. Though I suppose there's nothing stopping me even if prerecorded battle cries are added, but I still feel like having someone hit a single key to match you damages the experience.

CSA Captain

some of us don't have mics and cant scream down their microphone and im one of those people so id like a button you can press, Also im pretty sure they said they are adding it a while back anyway and they linked to a souncloud recording that had the Rebel Yell in it that they were using for the game.

USA Captain

Microphone quality is a big factor here and even the nicer ones tend to take a turn for the worse when you start yelling into them; not to mention the problem that Jackson mentioned that some people are not in a position to yell loudly into their microphones. Put all of that together and you end up with perhaps half a company actually being able to yell at all, and some of them perhaps halfheartedly.

A pre-recorded yell of some kind would be a nice bonus, and for those of us who are zealous enough and have the microphones for it, they can always decide to do it themselves!

We will have ingame voices one day, which can be played by pressing a button or being triggered by events.
    For this, professional voice acting will be done, which isn't planned for the next months at least.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    We will have ingame voices one day, which can be played by pressing a button or being triggered by events.
    For this, professional voice acting will be done, which isn't planned for the next months at least.
    Thats good to know. You should add a few variations to the rebel yell, there was multiple versions of it, add some inidan style yell into some of it.
    Last edited by Legion; 09-24-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA Captain

I would suggest a handful of variations of both, and let the player, or maybe company commander, choose which they want to use, given the fact that units would often have their own variation of the national battle cry.

And for the record, I would never suggest yelling into your mic. You don't have to to sound enthusiastic with your battle "cries", and it just ruins sound quality, as FakeMessiah mentioned.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by General. Jackson View Post
    Yeah nah, I don't want to yell while in a US Battle being Australian at 12am and wake up the family...
    Yes australia here as well and I am with you on this one as well. I would get THAT look the next morning from " She who must be obeyed"

USA Major

Well, I am personally physically incapable of producing anything like a rebel yell it seems... So I definitely hope that I can push a button for it or whatever ends up triggering it.
    "I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Major General John Sedgwick: His last words.