Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Company Tool

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSquirts View Post
    Think you're confusing my explanation with what you think should happen in the actual gameplay. Obviously a Battalion commander won't be on the field everywhere. This thread is for the Company Tool, think you are in the wrong thread about gameplay. I am referencing the Battalion's leader control over the companies in regards to the Company Tool, because you know the leader of the Battalion should be able to administrate it.
    No im not confusing it. My points pretty simple in regards to the tool as outlined. I agreed with a previous poster the battalion commander needs some control but if there going to micro manage 2 companies then whats the point having 2 there need to be some balance to the company commander running his company choosing who joins it etc rather than having people forced upon him that might ruin his units cohesion. Sure have the bat commander have the power to change descriptions and update info and decide when and where the training will be but it shouldnt be at a micro management level.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

Well, you can choose not to micro manage as a battalion commander, but for the companies and battalions that do function that way then they should have that option because it is sensible to do so. Of course not every company will be managed the same, which will show in the future of who really succeeds down the line.

I understand with a company of two men in the 1st SC Rifles perhaps the way you put it would sound more appealing, but when you're managing 4 companies in a single battalion which will have about 40 men each, which the 63rd NY will have lol.. then making as many things as manageable as possible is important because if an NCO or commander isn't on, the many to his side can do the job. Again, think big and broad and make options available. If a company chooses not to utilize it, then so be it, but for those who want to, there's no harm in letting them utilize it.
    Last edited by GeneralSquirts; 10-07-2016 at 03:41 PM.

CSA Brigadier General

Well, you can choose not to micro manage as a battalion commander, but for the companies and battalions that do function that way then they should have that option because it is sensible to do so. Of course not every company will be managed the same, which will show in the future of who really succeeds down the line.
    Possibly, but there shouldnt be by default permissions to micro manage so that the companies in the tool, to allow the battalion commander access. I for one wouldn't want my battalion commander to be able to promote or demote people against my will. I dont see the point in a captain if the majors going to run it all for example. I could not want the opposite of your scenario where a company joins a battalion and its then snatched out of his/her hands.

Time will tell hopefully the devs will down the line make it clear how they plan to proceed when more important matters are worked on.

Depends on what you define as succeeds, to me a big unhappy company is never as good as a small compact community driven company.

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    Possibly, but there shouldnt be by default permissions to micro manage so that the companies in the tool, to allow the battalion commander access. I for one wouldn't want my battalion commander to be able to promote or demote people against my will. I dont see the point in a captain if the majors going to run it all for example. I could not want the opposite of your scenario where a company joins a battalion and its then snatched out of his/her hands.

Time will tell hopefully the devs will down the line make it clear how they plan to proceed when more important matters are worked on.

Depends on what you define as succeeds, to me a big unhappy company is never as good as a small compact community driven company.
    I see, I'm speaking for battalions where everyone is from the same community so that managing can be made easier, but for the battalions that are derived from smaller communities of course not having a battalion commander make changes for the companies at that level. Again like I said, and I'll make it easier to see this time.

If a company chooses not to utilize it, then so be it, but for those who want to, there's no harm in letting them utilize it.

CSA Brigadier General

I see, I'm speaking for battalions where everyone is from the same community so that managing can be made easier, but for the battalions that are derived from smaller communities of course not having a battalion commander make changes for the companies at that level. Again like I said, and I'll make it easier to see this time.

If a company chooses not to utilize it, then so be it, but for those who want to, there's no harm in letting them utilize it.
    Ah i see ive just been talking in general terms about the tool as it will be the same for gaming clans and individuals alike. I've not said Battalion commanders should not have the option of gaining certain admin rights etc only that they are not granted by default so microing can't happen straight from the off the company owner would have to grant that person them.

And no need to be rude and shout sir, tis very very rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    Ah i see ive just been talking in general terms about the tool as it will be the same for gaming clans and individuals alike. I've not said Battalion commanders should not have the option of gaining certain admin rights etc only that they are not granted by default so microing can't happen straight from the off the company owner would have to grant that person them.

And no need to be rude and shout sir, tis very very rude.
    Sorry, I love you. ;-;

Why can't I make my company?

I wanted to do the 26th Va but they aren't listed as a regiment.

Why is that?

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel P. R. Page View Post
    Why can't I make my company?

I wanted to do the 26th Va but they aren't listed as a regiment.

Why is that?

They where not involved in the Maryland campaign. After the 7 day battles they where transferred to SC and they where not back in Virginia until 1864.
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard

So I cannot use them?

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel P. R. Page View Post
    So I cannot use them?
    Nope, only units involved in the Maryland Campaign are in the game.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion