Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Company Tool

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoberton View Post
    Maybe set it up so the company commanders choose the level of autonomy their company will have when they join/form a regiment?

That way, companies that have expanded can be run from the top, as they were previously, while independent companies coming together can run their own affairs. Perhaps also set it up so that companies can change that setting when senior leadership changes, to prevent exploitation?
    Thank you. Finally somebody who understand what i am trying to say
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    Now that, is an interesting question. And I shall follow it up with another question to all those historians on here: how was it done back then? Did a battalion commander get involved in company matters or was it left up to the Captain to deal with?

Edit: As for WoR though, battalions are usually formed when one company grows big enough to start a second. Therefore I reckon for the game's sake the battalion commander should definitely have some power in internal company matters as they were probably the original founder.
    Historically the company commanders had most of the power and training mostly being done at a company level. Battalion commanders debt with the bigger things like discipline hearings and logistics and making sure the company commanders books were up to date. I battle tho the powrr was with the senior officer.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

Think you guys are forgetting how a chain of command works lol.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSquirts View Post
    Of course not but you dont see some possible problems

not every battalion will be like 63rd
    Last edited by Maximus Decimus Meridius; 10-07-2016 at 01:20 PM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoberton View Post
    Maybe set it up so the company commanders choose the level of autonomy their company will have when they join/form a regiment?

That way, companies that have expanded can be run from the top, as they were previously, while independent companies coming together can run their own affairs. Perhaps also set it up so that companies can change that setting when senior leadership changes, to prevent exploitation?
    This pretty much sounds like the perfect solution. Caters to both possible ways that battalions might be formed.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    *Beings to watch this thread with great interest* Yeah, Battalion stuff.
    Battalion stuff xD could always ask Bravescot and I

CSA Brigadier General

I think you are forgetting the time period. As ive said captains held a lot of power of their companies as they were responsible for its running. Majors and above had other roles. In game its going to be hard to get the balance right tho Bobertons suggestion is the best yet.

I guess we will have to wait till later down the dev tree for battalion workings and how they will work in the company tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    I think you are forgetting the time period. As ive said captains held a lot of power of their companies as they were responsible for its running. Majors and above had other roles. In game its going to be hard to get the balance right tho Bobertons suggestion is the best yet.

I guess we will have to wait till later down the dev tree for battalion workings and how they will work in the company tool.
    Yeah, but that worked in real life because any form of deceit or insubordination was never common. In a game where the game will get to a point for some people where when they lead a Company they'll steal the men they command and just split off. A chain of command may not have been necessary in the real world, but in the game it is vital to a regiments survival. At least from experience.

CSA Brigadier General

Yeah, but that worked in real life because any form of deceit or insubordination was never common. In a game where the game will get to a point for some people where when they lead a Company they'll steal the men they command and just split off. A chain of command may not have been necessary in the real world, but in the game it is vital to a regiments survival. At least from experience.
    True but in all fairness if someone wants and convinces your men to leave they will nothing can stop them. For gameplay it needs to be worked in such a way that the battalion commander dosent have full control and let's a company commander do there job otherwise what's the point of a 2nd company.

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    True but in all fairness if someone wants and convinces your men to leave they will nothing can stop them. For gameplay it needs to be worked in such a way that the battalion commander dosent have full control and let's a company commander do there job otherwise what's the point of a 2nd company.
    Think you're confusing my explanation with what you think should happen in the actual gameplay. Obviously a Battalion commander won't be on the field everywhere. This thread is for the Company Tool, think you are in the wrong thread about gameplay. I am referencing the Battalion's leader control over the companies in regards to the Company Tool, because you know the leader of the Battalion should be able to administrate it.