Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 50th Georgia Company C, "Coffee County Guards"

CSA Captain

50th Georgia Company C, "Coffee County Guards"

50th Georgia Company C. "Coffee County Guards"

huge WIP

Our Company

The 50th Georgia Company C, "Coffee County Guards" is one of the largest confederate companies in the army. We are a semi-serious company lead by officers with years of experience in Mount & Blade who know how to manage a sizable unit both on & off the field. Our company is part of a larger regiment of 50th Georgia companies with a shared history in M&B, and will be operating closely with our sister companies. We plan on attending several events a week once the game is in a more playable state and events are hosted.

Though our company is full, we still two other companies in our regiment, the G company for North Americans, and the A company for Europeans. Anybody remotely interested in operating with this company should join our sister companies in the regiment.

If you are interested in joining our company, or a sister company in the regiment, add one of the officers on steam, and volunteer to join the company on the tool.

Captain Killobytes
    1st Lieutenant Soldier
    Our Company Tool
    Our Steam Group
    Our Teamspeak
    na1.deliverance-hosting.com:10026

History

The 50th Georgia Regiment gained credit and fame in plenty of well known and hard fought battles in both the Eastern and Western theaters of the war. The regiment was engaged in or present at forty five total battles before it's surrender at Appomattox Court House. Some of these engagements include important battles such as Second Bull Run (August 28-30, 1862), Antietam (September 17, 1862), Gettysburg (July 1-3, 1863), Chattanooga Siege (September - November, 1863), and Petersburg Siege (June 1864-April 1865). All of these are just few of the many battlefields they attended.

Before erupting on the battlefield, they were formed into service on March 4, 1862, in the city of Savannah,. They were primarily recruits from Southern Georgia. The original commander was Colonel. William R. Manning. Once organized, they were sent to Camp Davis in Guyton, Georgia to train and become an elite unit. Afterwards, they were mustered into service to protect Savannah's defenses. On July 17th, 1861, Major General John C. Pemberton sent the 50th Georgia to Richmond to join the Army of Northern Virginia under General Robert E. Lee. For the majority of war, the 50th Georgia served in the First Corps of the ANV, under General James Longstreet. Later , in 1862, General Longstreet was sent with his Corps to assist in the western theater. There, the 50th was a part of the Siege of Knoxville. Returning to Virginia, the 50th Georgia also fought in the Siege of Petersburg, the Battle of Cedar Creek, and the Battle of Sayler's Creek.

After the surrendered at Appomattox Court House, the men of the 50th Georgia were paroled and departed to return to their homes Throughout the years, the regiment members would attend reunions to relive the memories of their noble past.

Engagements

Second Bull Run (August 28–30, 1862)
    South Mountain (September 14, 1862)
    Antietam (September 17, 1862)
    Fredericksburg (December 13, 1862)
    Chancellorsville (May 1–4, 1863)
    Gettysburg (July 1–3, 1863)
    Chickamauga [not engaged] (September 19–20, 1863)
    Chattanooga Siege (September–November 1863)
    Siege of Knoxville (November–December 1863)
    Battle of Fort Sanders (November 23, 1863)
    The Wilderness (May 5–6, 1864)
    Spotsylvania Court House (May 8–21, 1864)
    North Anna (May 23–26, 1864)
    Cold Harbor (June 1–3, 1864)
    Petersburg Siege (June 1864-April 1865)
    Cedar Creek (October 19, 1864)
    Sayler's Creek (April 6, 1865)
    Appomattox Court House (April 9, 1865)
    Last edited by Killobytes; 06-07-2017 at 01:39 AM.

CSA Major General

Welcome to the Confederacy!

CSA Captain

We are now accepting applications for new members, post your name and your steam profile!
    Last edited by William F. Randolph; 10-06-2016 at 01:06 AM.
    50th Georgia Co. C "Coffee County Guards"
    1st Lt. Soldier

Have you lived off of poor rations, dehydrated, in horrible boots and feared for your life while running half a mile and then brought your sights up? If you can answer yes to those questions I'll consider your suggestion to reduce aim sway. -Trusty
    I did shoot a deer at 100m once in 20 degree weather with Ugg's boots on and I hadn't eaten breakfast, closest I could get to your description -Me

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA!

USA Captain

Welcome and good luck!

CSA Brigadier General

Application to join?

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

50thGA best GA, keep up the recruiting

Rebel yell!

CSA Captain

Officially the 3rd biggest C.S.A. company and growing! If you want to take part please don't hesitate to post on this thread with your steam account or add me on steam directly here - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021574750
    Last edited by William F. Randolph; 10-17-2016 at 03:24 PM.
    1st Lt. Soldier

Have you lived off of poor rations, dehydrated, in horrible boots and feared for your life while running half a mile and then brought your sights up? If you can answer yes to those questions I'll consider your suggestion to reduce aim sway. -Trusty
    I did shoot a deer at 100m once in 20 degree weather with Ugg's boots on and I hadn't eaten breakfast, closest I could get to your description -Me

CSA Captain

Update: 2nd largest company by a margin of 3 men! If you want to join please contact me on steam, and/or log into the company tool and volunteer to the 50th Georgia Company C. "Coffee County Guards"
    1st Lt. Soldier