Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Virginia Infantry Regiment, Co.H - "The Potomac Greys"

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rapier17 View Post
    Whit W. Waltman Jr. has been promoted to the rank of Sergeant. A fine, upright fellow with a strong voice, he will assist Cpt. Digby and myself in keeping our rogues in hand
    Does he write?

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo8346 View Post
    Does he write?
    We dare not trust him with a pencil.
    Well, the Company continues to grow around the old core of the Lucky Dogs and the Hoary Hounds. If you fancy jumping in with our rowdy lot, feel free to send a PM for more details.

---

And I have returned from a sojurn in Paris; much wine, tobacco and merriment was to be had alongside the canal. Now, look sharp and let's see about getting boots on to the camp-ground once again!

CSA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    And I have returned from a sojurn in Paris; much wine, tobacco and merriment was to be had alongside the canal. Now, look sharp and let's see about getting boots on to the camp-ground once again!
    Pfft, trust the officer - swanning off to Europe whilst the rest of us break our backs working.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by rapier17 View Post
    Pfft, trust the officer - swanning off to Europe whilst the rest of us break our backs working.
    It is unfortunate that I, with the meagre fortune my family own, must travel so often away to Europe and these places of fancy. Rest assured Mr Frederiksen, I will return with more of that wine you enjoyed so much of last time.

---

And the thread has finally been updated to reflect the addition of a Mr George B. Wilson whom enlisted with the company a month back.
    Last edited by Leifr; 04-09-2017 at 12:39 PM.

USA Lieutenant General

Good luck ya' old Rebs.

CSA Major

Good morning Gentlemen.
    Several of us within the 8th VA have begun playing a lightly modded version of 'Scourge of War: Gettysburg' again. It would be a great pleasure if folk would desire to join us once or twice a month in the endeavour of sitting in the saddle. As of this moment we are currently playing with zero restriction on camera movement, use of couriers or choice in OOB - this is temporary as we reacquaint ourselves once more. Typically though we adhere to HITS (HQ in the Saddle) locked to 80 yards, voice communication (relating to the game) allowed only when one is deemed to be within shouting distance and explicit use of courier messages across the chain of command.

Feel free to respond here, or send a PM, and we can discuss further.

---

As an addendum, we'll be picking up our M-16s and heading out in to the jungle later this evening too in Rising Storm II. If you're in Europe and of a sensible nature (and strictly 21+), feel free to find me on Steam and join us as we take the fight to Charlie. Joints and beer suggested as additional gear but not mandatory...
    Last edited by Leifr; 05-30-2017 at 03:29 PM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Huzzah! For the 8th VA.

CSA Major

Have a care Gentlemen.
    I have requisitioned a small measure of brandy for one and all, attention of a family connection within the Her Majesty's Royal Navy. Those on picket tonight are to be served one measure before duty.

That is all.

CSA Captain

Words of coming campaign on the horizon. Get with yer wits, stock up on tobacco!

CSA Major

Have a care Gentlemen.
    This evening I have received a small delivery for the Company, care and attention of my cousin in New Orleans whom is most well connected. It is a most excellent vintage from the Continent and I have endeavoured to sample its delights for the betterment of us all. And, whilst it was my greatest of intentions to share a small amount with each and every one of you, it is unfortunate to say that this harvest and delightful bounty has found its way out of the bottle and almost entirely into my glass.

Cheers, one and all.