Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How will bigger units than companies work?

CSA Captain

To solve one of those issues, if you are elected colonel you should obviously be able to step down at an point, and honestly before that able to refuse a nomination.

Second issue, it's so unlikely that people that voted for a man to get more power kick him out of power in the process, extreme lack of logic.

The situations where some companies follow the colonel and some don't seems alright because they are exercising their independence, as they recruited their own men they have control over them.

Still valid circumstances, but either highly unlikely or downright scandalous.
    50th Georgia Co. C "Coffee County Guards"
    1st Lt. Soldier

Have you lived off of poor rations, dehydrated, in horrible boots and feared for your life while running half a mile and then brought your sights up? If you can answer yes to those questions I'll consider your suggestion to reduce aim sway. -Trusty
    I did shoot a deer at 100m once in 20 degree weather with Ugg's boots on and I hadn't eaten breakfast, closest I could get to your description -Me

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSoldier View Post
    To solve one of those issues, if you are elected colonel you should obviously be able to step down at an point, and honestly before that able to refuse a nomination.

Second issue, it's so unlikely that people that voted for a man to get more power kick him out of power in the process, extreme lack of logic.

The situations where some companies follow the colonel and some don't seems alright because they are exercising their independence, as they recruited their own men they have control over them.

Still valid circumstances, but either highly unlikely or downright scandalous.
    You misunderstood one of them. The person voted colonel is not then kicked out by the people who voted him colonel, he's just not allowed to lead his own company anymore. He wasn't voted as the leader of his company, he simply made it. There has been a vast number of regiments in NW or N&S where things like this have happened (officer disputes, leaders being "overthrown). It's not unlikely or scandalous.

Edit: Also, how can you step down from being colonel if you are pushed out of your company when you become colonel? Will you just automatically return to the company which you came from? Will you still be in charge of it at that point?
    Last edited by Dingle; 10-26-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Let me just give my two cents to this discussion.

Nobody will be forced into any regiment.

Lets say we have 7 companies in the 20th Maine.

1 of the companies decides to click the button "Form Regiment".

The other companies will then be notified of the request to form the regiment.

They can accept or deny

If 3 or more companies accept, the 10 soldiers in each company with the highest rank will be asked to vote for a regiment leader (you cant vote on people in your own company) (so no matter the rank structure in the company, 10 soldiers from each company can vote, this is to get enough votes for it to make sense. Only having 2-4 captains in companies to vote for a leader from 2-4 companies doesnt make any sense)

There will probably be a countdown of some days until the voting ends.

Then the voted regiment leader will be promoted

The companies that accepted the Form Regiment request will get some new features in the Company Tool (a new regiment page that tells which companies are part of this new regiment group, there will be stuff for the regiment owner to send telegrams to all members in this regiment/group and promote soldiers to the regimental staff and other things)

The companies that denied the request to form the regiment wont be affected by this and will continue to function as their own contained unit.

This is a fairly accurate description of how I envision it to be.

Ah, I see. In that case, I have no opposition to it at all, as long as it stays this way.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Let me just give my two cents to this discussion.

Nobody will be forced into any regiment.

Lets say we have 7 companies in the 20th Maine.

1 of the companies decides to click the button "Form Regiment".

The other companies will then be notified of the request to form the regiment.

They can accept or deny

If 3 or more companies accept, the 10 soldiers in each company with the highest rank will be asked to vote for a regiment leader (you cant vote on people in your own company) (so no matter the rank structure in the company, 10 soldiers from each company can vote, this is to get enough votes for it to make sense. Only having 2-4 captains in companies to vote for a leader from 2-4 companies doesnt make any sense)

There will probably be a countdown of some days until the voting ends.

Then the voted regiment leader will be promoted

The companies that accepted the Form Regiment request will get some new features in the Company Tool (a new regiment page that tells which companies are part of this new regiment group, there will be stuff for the regiment owner to send telegrams to all members in this regiment/group and promote soldiers to the regimental staff and other things)

The companies that denied the request to form the regiment wont be affected by this and will continue to function as their own contained unit.

This is a fairly accurate description of how I envision it to be.
    That seems to be a more reasonable system than what I interpreted from the previous posts in this thread. The ability to completely refuse participation in the regimental structure is important to me.

CSA Captain

Ok, then what do we do when there needs to be a new vote for colonel? Can any captain initiate the vote?
    1st Lt. Soldier

Have you lived off of poor rations, dehydrated, in horrible boots and feared for your life while running half a mile and then brought your sights up? If you can answer yes to those questions I'll consider your suggestion to reduce aim sway. -Trusty
    I did shoot a deer at 100m once in 20 degree weather with Ugg's boots on and I hadn't eaten breakfast, closest I could get to your description -Me

Could be something where there are two buttons you can press. Unhappy with current staff and happy with current staff. Then if 50% or more of the soldiers in the regiment have pressed the unhappy button, then a new vote for new staff will be initialized.

Then if you initially clicked the unhappy button and it turns out the regiment staff isnt that bad after all, you could always click the happy button to do your part in keeping the current staff.

So it would kinda be a fun dynamic thing that each day shifted slightly between happy and unhappy plus the current staff would be allerted that things were bad so they could do something about it, instead of just being removed as staff out of nowhere.

CSA Captain

Yea this is an important question too:
    If you are elected Colonel, and then someone else is elected Colonel, what happens to you? Are you given back ownership of your original company or are you booted into nothing?
    What if you retain ownership of the company you were in when elected, so you can still adjust things while colonel but make someone else captain, since the captain and owner positions seem to be separate, and when your tenure as colonel is done, they can just make themselves captain again.
    Last edited by Killobytes; 10-26-2016 at 01:44 AM.

USA Captain

I agree. One should still retain ownership of their original company even when promoted to Colonel.
    Last edited by Dingle; 10-26-2016 at 02:13 AM.

CSA Captain

Agreed, some sort of demoting implementation needs to be made so there are smooth and proper transitions of power.
    1st Lt. Soldier