Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screen Swaying

CSA Brigadier General

That video was great!

Why don't y'all just implement a stamina bar and add more gun sway. No need to give us folks seizures to deter us from running.

Nice to see some form of penalty though, this one just seems unnecessarily nauseating.
    11th Mississippi Infantry, "Lamar Rifles" Company G [NA]

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post
    That video was great!

Why don't y'all just implement a stamina bar and add more gun sway. No need to give us folks seizures to deter us from running.

Nice to see some form of penalty though, this one just seems unnecessarily nauseating.
    Don't sprint until you've practically about to pass out then. A stamina bar and gun sway (we're already swaying the gun based on stamina) is simply not enough of a effect - you're advocating for the old stamina system, it was very clear that people never did anything but charge/sprint when they needed to travel distances when that was in effect. With that old approach, we'd have a game where everyone sprints as often as possible pretty much like every other game out there. This game isn't like that. Distances and the pace of which you traverse them matter here.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I agree with the developers.

For far too long, players have been allowed to run full tilt without the fear of ever tiring.

I love the idea that players will now be penalized for exercise beyond authentic realities.

Tweek if you must, but stay true to the intent.

People are just going to have to adjust to a different style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    You sometimes have to go to the extreme in games since we can't make you physically feel exhausted due to your in-game actions.
    Im going to get shit for this but yeah.....
    These are reasons that this game wont be as big as it could be.
    Completely blocking players from adjustingt these simple features so they can enjoy the game just cause some other people want do be super edgy hardcore about it seems rahter dumb.
    I like milsim groups etc but headbobbing in games is usually one of the dumbes since it makes some games unplay able, same with motionblur. You dont have to make it so players can make it absolutely 0 but at least make it so we can lower the amount especially for the people who can get motion sick from it (idk if you can get motion sick from it but wouldn't be surprised).
    I know alot of people want that super realistic feeling and dont want people to be able to cheat by making it "easier", but why not just make those things server controlled? Have it so some things are "server forced" or "player choice" and everyone can be happy.
    Last edited by Painmace; 11-09-2016 at 06:11 PM. Reason: I get handicapped when i try to type on a phone (big thumbs)
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3244&dateline=1475789  820

CSA Brigadier General

I like the server option. Freedom is always a great route because you appeal to everyone.
    11th Mississippi Infantry, "Lamar Rifles" Company G [NA]

USA Captain

I also agree with Pain & Arkansan

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Don't sprint until you've practically about to pass out then. A stamina bar and gun sway (we're already swaying the gun based on stamina) is simply not enough of a effect - you're advocating for the old stamina system, it was very clear that people never did anything but charge/sprint when they needed to travel distances when that was in effect. With that old approach, we'd have a game where everyone sprints as often as possible pretty much like every other game out there. This game isn't like that. Distances and the pace of which you traverse them matter here.

- Trusty
    It's a good point Trusty, the following isn't directed at you.

I think that a lot of folks are struggling to envision how these effects will actually play out in WoRs because of the current restrictions in the Training Area of the Technical Alpha access. People can run all over the place without any cohesion if they choose because they have no concern for their safety and it's less likely to be the case in later game development. When skirmishes are ready, the atmosphere and game experiences will change dramatically and people may choose to conserve their stamina and stay with their company colleagues making the run option less of a feature (as APH states). I am not that comfortable with the screen blurr myself and thinks it could use more "investigation", but I do understand the implementation and agree that it should hamper the user in some way - just not give them headaches. I am not bright enough to provide a suitable alternative suggestion however.

On a slight tangent, will the stamina system also effect the melee system and animations in the same way? Stationary use of a sabre/bayoneted rifle compared to a soldier that has travelled some distance quickly may differ.

Currently I take roughly 30 seconds to reload at base level and get to the point where I am aiming effectively (and even then sometimes I am slightly off centre at distance). 30 seconds is a very long time for a company charge to reach my position. If double-time (which currently lasts and lasts without reducing to a march) and run/sprint is employed before firing to get to a position, time per shot is increased again waiting for the weapon to steady - then add the blurry vision.

Just to put the above into some perspective, I can sprint from the south edge of tents in the main part of the CSA camp and reach thirty feet past North edge of the camp by the time it would have taken me to reload my rifle. I could cease the reload and either fix bayonet or retreat, but it does make the offensive charge a much more advantageous feature as the WoR's Technical Alpha stands.

So I'd like to know if there are plans to develop a hindrance to melee system after an advance other than blurry vision that offsets the current rifle sway.
    Last edited by MK81; 11-14-2016 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Needed to check ingame features whilst writing the post and had to make several saves so as not to be locked out of the forum
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession