Thread: Functional objects

CSA Major

Functional objects

This is not an idea or a suggestion but a question to the CFGs Team.

What objects are currently scheduled to be interactive in WoRs using the F (Use) key?

The battlefields have buildings and objects that have plenty of potential for functionality and before I offer suggestions I would like to know if there is anything scheduled.
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession

CSA Major

Here are some current ideas that the team could comment on without giving surprises away.

Windows/shutters/doors: Opened and Closed for better visibility,
    Lanterns/fire-pits/building fireplaces: Ignitable and extinguishable to hide location more effectively or guide soldiers during the night phases,
    Carts/wagons/wheelbarrows: Movable with joint effort to use as cover or to gain access to blocked areas.
    Battleground munitions pile/Camp munitions storage tent: Destructible if lanterns are discarded, excellent timed delay explosive for retreating soldiers or distraction and misdirection. The munitions storage tent at both camps could create a massive explosion to most peoples satisfaction if nothing else.

I'm sure there are lots more features the Technical Alpha doesn't allow us to see, but the above would be good to see in the training ground maps during the Technical Alpha phase in my humble opinion.

Does anyone else have additional uses for the F (use) key?
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession

USA Major

If implemented rigth all these things would be cool, but the thing is that i think some games have things like that and it can sometimes also ruin a game...

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

CSA Major

Just found a couple of rifles on the ground in the CSA training camp that you can pick up and swap with your designated one. Two rifles that are interchangeable at this moment in time pressing the '1' key. Another great use for the F 'Use key' to pick them up! Thank you CFG folk for this indirect reply. :-)
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession

CSA Captain

Yeah, the more functional objects the better! Like will we be able to cut down trees in order to give artillery a better range, etc. Or shoot down trees. I would also love to be able to rest my rifle against a tree, on a fence, or window sill to steady your aim. I think that would be an awesome feature.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I found several "discarded" guns in the union camp yesterday and posted it to my screenshots in Steam ... Labeled it ..."Union troops don't take care of their guns." I didn't know the good guys were leaving weapons laying around too! Ugh!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    I found several "discarded" guns in the union camp yesterday and posted it to my screenshots in Steam ... Labeled it ..."Union troops don't take care of their guns." I didn't know the good guys were leaving weapons laying around too! Ugh!
    None in your Division, sir!
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Major

If the Devs/Mods have spotted this post yet can they possibly expand on the following:
    - Will pistols and sabres be available in this manner? If so, how many weapons will a soldier be able to carry?
    - If a weapon is left on the ground, is it fouled in anyway?
    - Can additional weapons be discarded or just swapped?
    - Will these features be fully animated in the future as to replicate the time and effort to pick items up or discard them whilst not being combat ready?

Excellent addition by the way, many thanks.
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession