Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Praying

USA Lieutenant General

I'm sure going to be praying regardless of animation when I hear that Rebel yell.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn1030 View Post
    Religion, specially Christianity was very important and influential in the American Civil War. With that said, could a prayer command action be added? Simply folding your hands like how you would if you were praying. It would give a interesting roleplay feature for those who wish to play along with the religious aspects of the Civil War.
    This would definitely be a cool idea. This would make the Chaplin role more applicable if we could have pre-battle sermons and prayer sessions. This would also be really good because, around this time, a religious revival movement was happening in the armies of both sides as well as in their respective cities. Maybe we could also add a praying and kneeling emote as well and an emote where the designated Chaplin will pull out a Roman missal or breviary out of his pocket and read from that.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jordon Brooker View Post
    I'm sure going to be praying regardless of animation when I hear that Rebel yell.
    Definitely Jordan. Pray the good Lord will spare you when the screaming grey demons come storming up the hill with bayonets attached.
    Last edited by Alexander Greene; 03-20-2017 at 10:55 PM.

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Greene View Post
    Definitely Jordan. Pray the good Lord will spare you when the screaming grey demons come storming up the hill with bayonets attached.
    How about just charging downhill at them? No one can beat gravity.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by crazychester1247 View Post
    How about just charging downhill at them? No one can beat gravity.
    I can, I'm a pilot
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    I can, I'm a pilot
    Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh damn!

USA Lieutenant General

You guys are all concerned about messing up keys in engagements yet you forget that there is a numpad.. I think this should be low on the priority list but also would be neat to have in game far after official release on the steam store. It's not needed and quite frankly, we all have mouths, just say it out-loud, you're going to want to be able to say it in your own words anyways.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by [WoR] Kiff View Post
    You guys are all concerned about messing up keys in engagements yet you forget that there is a numpad.. I think this should be low on the priority list but also would be neat to have in game far after official release on the steam store. It's not needed and quite frankly, we all have mouths, just say it out-loud, you're going to want to be able to say it in your own words anyways.
    Totally agree, while as in my previous post I support this, it should be very much toward the bottom of the priorities list.

Eh, would prefer sacrificing goats to the devil instead...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud7NsdNHwq8

"You ever even play Verdun? And I am not talking about some casual matches where you got mowed down by an MG over and over. I am talking about clans and stuff. B-hopping everywhere, headshotting kids left and right with the Kar98, being the goddamn PISTOL KING! Verdun is far from realistic, and it's historical accuracy is often sacrificed for better gameplay."

-The Edgelord

USA Brigadier General

I know multiple prayers in latin including the Pater Noster; I find that it bring historical autonomy when I exclaim it. I don't see any harm in adding animations for praying and such.