View Poll Results: Will you be naming something personal in WoR?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Explain)

18 72.00%
  • No (Explain)

7 28.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naming artillery guns, horses and rifles.

Lake Stevens,Washington Territory, United States
    I'll be naming my rifle after my beautiful wife Jennifer. If it wasn't for that woman; I would my head if it wasn't screwed on. In the Military we tend to 'Marry Up'. She has a Masters in Education. I don't even have a degree just a CAD certification.

I dont know if it would be historical for the American Civil war but i would like to see inscriptions on cannons. I know the french had inscriptions on some of their cannons like 'Ultima Ratio Regum' (The Last Argument of Kings) but that was in the middle 18th century(the gun with that inscription was made in 1732) so long before the American Civil war but still inscriptions on cannons would be nice. I wouldnt really need inscriptions on small arms though that would be too much. Also a good idea would be inscriptions on swords especially those brought from officers that werent issued from the goverment. Of course if these 'random' swords are added(i know General gregg had a scimitar from the American revolution that he used not that it had any inscription on it though).

USA Captain

I think it would be a fun idea. Small cannon Bertha. Big cannon Big Bertha. lol idk
    Colonel - James Dixon,
    Commander of Eagle Brigade,
    Second Corps Union Army

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by James Dixon View Post
    I think it would be a fun idea. Small cannon Bertha. Big cannon Big Bertha. lol idk
    Exactly!

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by IRONSIDES View Post
    I'll be naming my rifle after my beautiful wife Jennifer. If it wasn't for that woman; I would my head if it wasn't screwed on. In the Military we tend to 'Marry Up'. She has a Masters in Education. I don't even have a degree just a CAD certification.

Lmao does she have the My sandals his Boots on her car? xD

There are some very dirty jokes that could come out of this... I'd share some but I don't want to get banned.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn1030 View Post
    I wouldn't, my rifle is just my rifle. Nothing less. It shoots out a round and hopefully it has someone's name on it.
    i think names are very important, my precious Stephanie will kill many confederates. and i shall love and cherish her, because she is my rifle, There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will... My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit... My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will... Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!
    Last edited by michaelsmithern; 11-22-2016 at 06:11 PM.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    I must shoot him before he shoots me.
    Slightly fanatic and maybe a little insane but let me share this anyways

50th Georgia Co. C "Coffee County Guards"
    1st Lt. Soldier

Have you lived off of poor rations, dehydrated, in horrible boots and feared for your life while running half a mile and then brought your sights up? If you can answer yes to those questions I'll consider your suggestion to reduce aim sway. -Trusty
    I did shoot a deer at 100m once in 20 degree weather with Ugg's boots on and I hadn't eaten breakfast, closest I could get to your description -Me

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by William F. Randolph View Post
    Slightly fanatic and maybe a little insane but let me share this anyways

I like that scene in Raiders