Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 55th New York Volunteer Infantry ?

Journalist

55th New York Volunteer Infantry ?

Hello.

I don't see the 55th New York Volunteer Infantry (Lafayette Guard) on the Company Tool. Do you know if this regiment gonna be implanted soon ?

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by David B. Monrency View Post
    Hello.

I don't see the 55th New York Volunteer Infantry (Lafayette Guard) on the Company Tool. Do you know if this regiment gonna be implanted soon ?
    If it is not on there it won't be for the foreseeable future. you need to look for companies who have served in the Maryland campaign. Best of luck

-Mac

ps. please check here for all units in the campaign : http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...mpany-Overview
    Last edited by Macliness; 11-23-2016 at 03:37 AM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?761-28th-Regiment-Massachusetts-Volunteer-Infantry-Company-A

Journalist

Quote Originally Posted by Macliness View Post
    If it is not on there it won't be for the foreseeable future. you need to look for companies who have served in the Maryland campaign. Best of luck

-Mac

ps. please check here for all units in the campaign : http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...mpany-Overview
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    Have a nice day.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by David B. Monrency View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    Have a nice day.
    no problem David, hope i could help!
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?761-28th-Regiment-Massachusetts-Volunteer-Infantry-Company-A

USA Captain

Evening
    The 55th NY served during the Maryland Campaign.They weren't fight in a major battle. They were in Monocacy, Maryland, near Frederick. They principaly fought during the Peninsula campaign (Williamsburg, Malvern-hill, Yorktown, Seven Pines...) If you need more information, I am at your service.

FrisDrim
    69thNY Co.C
    Last edited by FrisDrim; 11-30-2016 at 01:12 PM.

I saw someone started the 1st Ohio Cavalry but I don't see them on any of the orders of battle for Antietam.

USA Lieutenant General

Best of luck.

- Kiff

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    The 55th NY Infantry was not part of the 1862 Maryland Campaign. ONLY the units that were involved in the campaign that's being presented by the developers are in the company tool.

Sorry.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    The 55th NY Infantry was not part of the 1862 Maryland Campaign. ONLY the units that were involved in the campaign that's being presented by the developers are in the company tool.

Sorry.
    Hill i think you're a little late lol

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post

Sorry.

I think I misspoke, I meant that they did not do the Maryland campaign, but they were stationed in Maryland during the campaign. The 55th NY had "a lot" of loss during the campaign of the peninsula and did not fight in the the campaign of Maryland. They did not do much fighting afterwards,And most men were sent to the 38thNY : "on December 21, 1862 when it was consolidated with the 38th New York Infantry as Companies G, H, I, and K."
    Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in the previous message

PS: Also the French and the English are differents. Often when I do the translation in my mind expressions are not understood in the same way because I write as I would write in French.

FrisDrim
    69thNY Co.C
    Last edited by FrisDrim; 11-30-2016 at 01:20 PM.