Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fighting men of War of Rights?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    ... I need to find a good unit / class, which could get portrayed
    Might I humbly suggest a highlight of the regiments in The Light Division? !!

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    don't forget the poor souls who have to die by shrapnels ^^
    yes the poor Irish in the opening scene of the US officer corps video and the Iron Brigade
    Last edited by rebeldestroyer; 08-07-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    "Better dead than reb"- Someone probably

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    Do a video on "Zouaves D'Afrique" AKA Collis' (PA) Independent Company

In the Antietam Campaign:
    The Regiment fought in the Federal XII Corps attack at the northern part of the battlefield on 17 September: through the Cornfield, and between the East and West Woods. The men of Collis' Independent Company - the "Zouaves d'Afrique" - were attached to the 2nd Massachusetts at Antietam. Lt Colonel Wilder Dwight was mortally wounded in combat with the regiment.
    I would love to see a Zouave unit, but Hinkel hasn't showcased a single confederate unit yet.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I would love to see a Zouave unit, but Hinkel hasn't showcased a single confederate unit yet.
    Louisiana Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Louisiana Tigers
    Nope, the only confederate video is about the CS officer corps.

A Zouave video would be cool indeed!

At least we have 3-4 Zouave uniforms ingame, so would be enough for an episode.

USA General of the Army

Not saying you did a video on them. I'm saying it's a double win! Zouave and Confederate.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Louisiana Tigers
    They were not at the battle if your talking about the 1st LA special battalion

USA Major

Personally, I'd like to see any artillery or cavalry unit (A formed in-game unit preferably.). For infantry, I'd also like to see the 15th Wisconsin (Co. B). I do know that Cavalry and artillery aren't in the game yet and that it's therefore probably impossible to record. Also, I understand why the 15th Wisconsin isn't very interesting for people who aren't from the Nordics.

A more realistic request would be the Palmetto sharpshooters or a Zouave unit.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    They were not at the battle if your talking about the 1st LA special battalion
    Tigers were at the battle, The guys from the 1st Special Battalion joined the 1st Louisiana Zouave Battalion (Coppen's Zouaves) after the 1st SB disbanded. But after Antietam most of them ended up leaving the Zouave Battalion to join other Louisiana Units because of how destroyed the Zouave Battalion was after the Battle. These were men from the original Co. B "Whites Tigers", And the other companies from the Special Battalion, Some 80 men joined Coppen's Zouaves from Wheat's Tigers.
    Although technically the term "Louisiana Tigers" didn't come around till after Gettysburg, Tigers originates among Company B of the 1st Louisiana Special Battalion which was called "Whites Tigers" after the Captain, Then went on to be "Wheat's Tigers" after the Col, Then the whole Special Battalion went on to be called "Wheat's Tigers" but then after Gettysburg, All Louisiana Troops seemed to take on the name "Tigers"

But a video on Starkes Brigade which included Coppen's Zouaves would be pretty cool, Coppen's Zouaves at the end of the battle only managed to pull together 12 men because the rest had either died, Been wounded, Or were off scavenging supplies from dead bodies, And I'm not sure but some might have deserted too. They fought in the West Woods and fought in the close quarters fight at Hagerstown Pike.
    Last edited by Wildcat; 08-08-2017 at 01:10 PM.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    Tigers were at the battle, The guys from the 1st Special Battalion joined the 1st Louisiana Zouave Battalion (Coppen's Zouaves) after the 1st SB disbanded. But after Antietam most of them ended up leaving the Zouave Battalion to join other Louisiana Units because of how destroyed the Zouave Battalion was after the Battle. These were men from the original Co. B "Whites Tigers", And the other companies from the Special Battalion, Some 80 men joined Coppen's Zouaves from Wheat's Tigers.
    Although technically the term "Louisiana Tigers" didn't come around till after Gettysburg, Tigers originates among Company B of the 1st Louisiana Special Battalion which was called "Whites Tigers" after the Captain, Then went on to be "Wheat's Tigers" after the Col, Then the whole Special Battalion went on to be called "Wheat's Tigers" but then after Gettysburg, All Louisiana Troops seemed to take on the name "Tigers"

But a video on Starkes Brigade which included Coppen's Zouaves would be pretty cool, Coppen's Zouaves at the end of the battle only managed to pull together 12 men because the rest had either died, Been wounded, Or were off scavenging supplies from dead bodies, And I'm not sure but some might have deserted too. They fought in the West Woods and fought in the close quarters fight at Hagerstown Pike.
    Yes some of them were there but none of them had the "Special Uniform" at the time of the battle