Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions for Dev Team Regarding Wheats Battalion and Wear and Tear of CSA Troops.

Questions for Dev Team Regarding Wheats Battalion and Wear and Tear of CSA Troops.

Dear Developers, I’ve been a fan of some of your previous Civil War projects, and I have been looking forward to this game. I think you guys have done an amazing job recreating battlefields, and implementing game mechanics. I was also excited to see you guys were going to make this game with historical accuracy in mind. I don’t want anyone to read this and think the purpose of me posting this is to be a hater or anything like that, and I’m not trying to suggest another random game mechanic to add to the game like most posts on this thread. I am genuinely curious about the direction this game is going to take to accurately recreate the Maryland campaign of 1862.

Before I made an account on this forum I was reading through the suggestions page and in between all of these posts asking for a John Brown Simulator 2016, and ironclad warfare, etc there was a good post made which brought up the fact that the 20th Maine didn’t fight at Antietam. The Op asked why the 20th Maine is a unit people can fight in skirmishes as. I thought the explanation from Hinkel explaining that this game is currently just focused on a drill camp scenario so any unit from the Maryland Campaign can be added…BUT that the 20th Maine will not be in any Antietam skirmish battles was fitting.

This leads me to my first question which is: Why is there a company being formed under the company tab of this forum as Wheat’s 1st Special Battalion? I am confused because Wheats 1st Special Battalion did not exist as a unit by the time of the Maryland Campaign so to have it be a part of the drill camp is contradictory to Hinkels original statement regarding units not involved in the Maryland Campaign. Also, why can this unit be a part of Skirmishes because again it didn’t exist by Antietam or any other battle of this campaign. (*NOTE* I am assuming this unit can be a part of skirmishes because on the page of the company that’s already formed they are talking about fighting battles). This Battalion fought at Bull Run, in the Shenandoah Valley campaign, and in the Peninsula Campaign until their commander Wheat and most of the Battalion was killed at Gaines Mill. Then the unit was disbanded and any survivors were split up and distributed throughout Hays LA Brigade way before the Maryland Campaign. On top of them not being a unit that was there for the campaign you guys have designed them all looking like their second company the Tiger Rifles as they before Bull Run. Besides the fact that each company had their own unique uniform at Bull Run not just the Tiger Uniform, the entire battalion discarded their unique uniforms prior to Jackson's Shenandoah Campaign before the Peninsula Campaign in exchange for LA state issue uniforms. Any survivors of the battalion would still be wearing LA state issue gear along with the rest of Hays Brigade at the time of the Maryland Campaign. I am just a little confused as to why the 20th Maine is restricted to drill camps but the 1st Special Battalion can be in drill camps AND fight battles even though their unit did not exist for months leading up to the Maryland Campaign.

This ties into my next question: I understand that with a very small developer team things take time but are there plans to take the current models for Confederate units and make them accurately represent the way the soldiers of the ANV appeared during the Maryland Campaign? I ask this because you have these awesome skins for units like the 4th Texas, 9th LA, etc but they all look as though they have come straight from a car wash. Obviously, there were exceptions to this rule but as a general theme the Confederates going into the Maryland Campaign were as rugged as they had ever looked. (In comparison, the ANV in 64 into 65 prior to the Appomattox Campaign were in general better equipped than they were marching into Maryland in 62). The Texans of Hoods Brigade for example were issued decent gear in 1861 including a unique “Texas” Frock Coat but by Antietam nothing was left of those uniforms and anything they were wearing were in shreds and full of filth. Civilian clothing purchased before or during the campaign and captured federal gear would have been the only gear in decent shape. The 9th LA (Coppens Zouaves) along with the rest of Hays Brigade is another example of this. They were wearing ragged LA state issue gear by the time the Battle of Antietam occurred…not clean examples of LA gear and especially not their unique Zouave gear that they wore at Bull Run. Like the Texans and every other unit in the ANV these uniforms were in severe disrepair not brand new.

To anyone reading this thank you for taking the time to read. I would prefer if this thread would just be about the Dev. Team's thoughts about what I wrote/what their plans are regarding my questions. I would prefer if this thread didn’t turn into a back and forth argument between others and myself as far as if anything I said is wrong. I have no problem giving you documentation regarding Wheats Battalion disbanding after Gaines Mill/their uniform history, and about the general level of disrepair of ANV troops going into Maryland in 1862. Just private message me or email me whatever is more convenient for you. Everyone have a happy holiday!

Hello there GStrong,

Welcome to the forum! It is always exciting to see fellow enthusiasts join in, and even more to have them ask questions and try and keep us on our toes! And to that, I have some good news for you in regards to not having to worry!
    In regards to your question regarding the company tool, it is comprised of all units that were in the order of battle for each side, which includes the 20th Maine even though they were held in reserve for the entirety of the battle. So that is one of the reasons why they exist as a company that can be formed.
    In regards to Wheat's Special Battalion, they also exist in the company tool because they did indeed exist at Antietam, though admittedly in a much depleted form. As you may well know, the 9th Louisiana were assigned to General Richard Taylor's First Louisiana Brigade in early 1862 under General Jackson, but after he was sent to help in the Peninsular Campaign and Wheat was killed at the Battle of Gaines' Mill, they were then merged with Coppen's Zouaves, whereas the nickname "Lousiana Tigers" was expanded to encompass the merged battalions. And yes, Hays did take over for Taylor by late June of 1862, but the company was not disbanded, but merged into the battalions of what was formerly known as Coppen's Zouaves. As for particularly showing the uniforms of company B in the drill camp, we were looking for unique uniforms that could help designate specific units, and is certainly meant to be changed by the time of release. So again, not to worry.
    Finally, we come to the "dirty Reb" trope. While it was certainly common, the idea of the "dirty, shoeless Reb" is much more commonplace than was historically seen. That being said, while not available at this stage of the game, there will be options to "dirty-up" your soldier in the character designer.

I hope that helps to answer your questions, and please don't hesitate to ask more or make suggestions! We are more than happy to hear them and go from there!

RhettVito
    Very nice post !

Hi George thank you for the reply. I'm glad that the Tiger Rifle uniform model will not be used in battles. But I have to disagree with you about the 1st Special Battalion being a functioning unit in the order of battle of Antietam. To quote you "Wheat's Special Battalion, they also exist in the company tool because they did indeed exist at Antietam" This is not entirely correct. Wheats 1st Special Battalion as you said did get combined with Coppens Zouaves so survivors of the special battalion were at Antietam but the unit was called Coppens' (First Louisiana Zouaves) Battalion. Wheats Special Battalion as a unit was not in existence.

Secondly to address your reply about the condition of confederate units at Antietam you say quote "Finally, we come to the "dirty Reb" trope. While it was certainly common, the idea of the "dirty, shoeless Reb" is much more commonplace than was historically seen." trope. While it was certainly common, the idea of the "dirty, shoeless Reb" is much more commonplace than was historically seen." Now I completely agree with that statement, every reenactor, arm chair historian, and their mothers think that Confederates were just always ragged, unclean, and without shoes. BUT the Maryland Campaign is the absolute example of when the Army of Northern Virginia really did fit this over used "trope" as you call it. Now I am saying this not as a personal opinion or vision of what they could have looked like I am telling you the consensus of Scholarly research on this subject. I highly suggest if you want to see more accounts then what I am about to post to please read the book "Cadet Gray And Butternut Brown" by Thomas M. Arliskas.

John Stevens of the 5th Texas makes reference to the last time the Texas Brigade received any clothing being two months prior (the camp in Richmond referred to above), when he remarked:

“August the 7th - we l[eft] Richmond on this campaign. In all these days we have never changed our clothes, for the reason that we have had no chance to do so-no chance to draw new clothing and clothing as all old soldiers will tell you, we could not carry any extra with us. One blanket, gun and accoutrements, haversack and canteen was all that any soldier could afford to carry. Now for nearly two months we have worn the same shirt, pants and jacket-sleeping on the ground, anywhere we could find a place, and the opportunity to lie down. Dust, mud, hot weather, rain and sunshine, we take it as it comes. Also the wading of creeks and rivers—the water often waist deep—no chance to clense ourselves from the unavoidable accumulation of filth.”

Stevens’ comments about the light marching style of the Texas Brigade, J.B. Polley again, wrote a quite descriptive account of the average soldier’s baggage as well as once again making reference to receiving clothes in Richmond prior to the campaign –

“August of 1862..."It [Hood's Division] marched light, each man having by this time learned what weight he could comfortably carry, and therefore, dispensing with all superfluities. Still, we could not reduce the weight to be carried less than about thirty-six pounds. A gun weighed about ten pounds, the cartridge box, cap-box, bayonet and the belts and straps to which these hung, another ten, and the roll of the blanket and tent, or oil-cloth, still another ten. Add to these the weight of the haversack, in which not only provisions but under-clothing and many other necessities were carried, and the total, on a fair estimate, was never less than thirty-six pounds, and often went a little beyond forty. A canteen full of water weighed at least three pounds…The three days' rations issued to the division on the 13th [September] included no meat, and were therefore the sooner exhausted. No clothing or shoes had been furnished it since it left Richmond, and in a month and a half of hard marching and harder fighting hundreds of the men had become ragged and barefooted, while lack of provisions forced them to subsist on green corn and green apples."

John Stevens of the 5th Texas:

"Now, remember this is about the 6th or 7th of September, and we have been out of Richmond a full month and we have on the same clothes: pants, jacket and shirt, nothing more…We also have some kind of head cover, either an old piece of a hat or an old cap and if we have not worn them out, we have some sort of footwear, in the shape of old army shoes, butt many of us are bare- footed."

"Frederick City, Maryland, September 13th, 1862.

I wish, my dearest Minnie, you could have witnessed the transit of the Rebel army through our streets a day or two ago. Their coming was unheralded by any pomp and pageant whatever. No bursts of martial music greeted your ear, no thundering sound of canon, no brilliant staff, no glittering cortege dashed through the streets, instead came three long dirty columns, that kept on in an unceasing flow. I could scarcely believe my eyes; was this body of men moving so smoothly along, with no order, their guns carried in every fashion, no two dressed alike, their officers hardly distinguishable from the privates -- were these, I asked myself in amazement, were these dirty, lank, ugly specimens of humanity, with shocks of hair sticking through the holes in their hats, and the dust thick on their dirty faces, the men that had coped and encountered successfully, and driven back again and again our splendid legions with their fine discipline, their martial show and colour, their solid battalions keeping such perfect time to the inspiring bands of music? I must confess, Minnie, that I felt humiliated at the thought that this horde of ragamuffins could set our grand army of the Union at defiance. Why it seems as if a single regiment of our gallant boys in blue could drive that dirty crew in the river without any trouble. And then, too, I wish you could see how they behaved -- a crowd of boys on a holiday don't seem happier. They are on the broad grin all the time. Oh! they are so dirty! I don't think the Potomac river could wash them clean; and ragged! -- there is not a scarecrow in the cornfields that would not scorn to exchange clothes with them; and so tattered! -- there isn't a decently dressed soldier in their whole army. I saw some strikingly handsome faces though; or, rather, they would have been so if they could have had a good scrubbing. They were very polite, I must confess, and always asked for a drink of water, or anything else, and never think of coming inside of a door without an invitation. many of them were bare footed. Indeed I felt sorry for the poor, misguided wretches, for some were limping along so painfully, trying hard to keep with their comrades. But I most stop. I send this by Robert, and hope it will reach you safely. Write to me as soon as the route is open.

– Kate."

A correspondent for Harpers Weekly commented on the appearance of the ANV:

“With the exception of their officers, there was little but homespun among them, light drab gray or butternut color, the gray predominating, although there were so many varieties of dress, half citizen, half military, that they could scarcely be said to have a uniform”

Sergeant Miles Vance Smith, Company D, 4th Texas:

"The dawn of the morning of the 17th is now at hand. Eighty thousand well-armed, well-fed, well-clad Yankees were approaching...to engage in battle array, 38,000 hungry, ragged and some of them barefooted Confederates. We were not yet prepared to receive them. We had just drawn some flour, made it into dough and was in the act of cooking it on ramrods and bark for our breakfast..."

Lt. Col. B.F. Carter, Commanding 4th Texas, Official Report of Sharpsburg - In referring to the men under his command:

"These men, too, were half-clad, many of them barefooted, and had only been half-fed for days before. The courage, constancy and patience of our men is beyond all praise."

W. R. Hamby, of the 4th Texas, writes of his observations and experiences at Sharpsburg:

"For the past several days, we had subsisted chiefly on apples and green corn. Many of us were barefooted and ragged, and all of us were foot sore, weary, and hungry."

Chaplain Davis of the 4th Texas:

"On the 26th inst. (September) learning that the army had moved back to within six miles of town (Winchester, VA), I went out and had the pleasure of of seeing those of my old regiment, that were left, after marching several hundred miles, and passing through the fire of six days, in battle. The men looked worn and tired. Their clothes were ragged, and many of their feet were bare; and in their coats, pants and hats, could be seen many marks of the bullet. They had many times performed long marches, and fought hard battles, without rations. The weather was warm and dry, and the dust had settled thick over their clothes."

Now those accounts above are mainly on the 4th Texas because they were fairly well documented in comparison to the rest of the ANV. In case anyone wants to say that only Hoods Brigade was this dirty/ragged and other divisions were cleaner I am posting a page directly from Mr. Arliskas's book that talks about the other divisions at Antietam/their ragged state as well. Hopefully this is enough to show everyone that the vast majority of the confederates really did fit the ragged description for the Maryland Campaign. Again thank you for reading and have a happy holiday. *NOTE your website is not allowing me to post the pdf version so i screenshotted the PDF in large and HD but when uploaded to this site it is not big enough to read. I attached them anyways I can email them to anyone who cant see it.15658661_1837949846464379_516087325_o.jpg15682465_1837949849797712_197971625_o.jpg

Hello again GStrong,

Again you post with no cause for worry, because you have to understand that we do intend to implement the ability to dirty your character in the character design tool, but to do so requires a base model - one that has yet to be dirtied!
    But thank you for posting this information, it is always good to see others also doing the same research.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by GStrong View Post
    Hi George thank you for the reply. I'm glad that the Tiger Rifle uniform model will not be used in battles. But I have to disagree with you about the 1st Special Battalion being a functioning unit in the order of battle of Antietam. To quote you "Wheat's Special Battalion, they also exist in the company tool because they did indeed exist at Antietam" This is not entirely correct. Wheats 1st Special Battalion as you said did get combined with Coppens Zouaves so survivors of the special battalion were at Antietam but the unit was called Coppens' (First Louisiana Zouaves) Battalion. Wheats Special Battalion as a unit was not in existence.

Secondly to address your reply about the condition of confederate units at Antietam you say quote "Finally, we come to the "dirty Reb" trope. While it was certainly common, the idea of the "dirty, shoeless Reb" is much more commonplace than was historically seen." trope. While it was certainly common, the idea of the "dirty, shoeless Reb" is much more commonplace than was historically seen." Now I completely agree with that statement, every reenactor, arm chair historian, and their mothers think that Confederates were just always ragged, unclean, and without shoes. BUT the Maryland Campaign is the absolute example of when the Army of Northern Virginia really did fit this over used "trope" as you call it. Now I am saying this not as a personal opinion or vision of what they could have looked like I am telling you the consensus of Scholarly research on this subject. I highly suggest if you want to see more accounts then what I am about to post to please read the book "Cadet Gray And Butternut Brown" by Thomas M. Arliskas.

John Stevens of the 5th Texas makes reference to the last time the Texas Brigade received any clothing being two months prior (the camp in Richmond referred to above), when he remarked:

“August the 7th - we l[eft] Richmond on this campaign. In all these days we have never changed our clothes, for the reason that we have had no chance to do so-no chance to draw new clothing and clothing as all old soldiers will tell you, we could not carry any extra with us. One blanket, gun and accoutrements, haversack and canteen was all that any soldier could afford to carry. Now for nearly two months we have worn the same shirt, pants and jacket-sleeping on the ground, anywhere we could find a place, and the opportunity to lie down. Dust, mud, hot weather, rain and sunshine, we take it as it comes. Also the wading of creeks and rivers—the water often waist deep—no chance to clense ourselves from the unavoidable accumulation of filth.”

Stevens’ comments about the light marching style of the Texas Brigade, J.B. Polley again, wrote a quite descriptive account of the average soldier’s baggage as well as once again making reference to receiving clothes in Richmond prior to the campaign –

“August of 1862..."It [Hood's Division] marched light, each man having by this time learned what weight he could comfortably carry, and therefore, dispensing with all superfluities. Still, we could not reduce the weight to be carried less than about thirty-six pounds. A gun weighed about ten pounds, the cartridge box, cap-box, bayonet and the belts and straps to which these hung, another ten, and the roll of the blanket and tent, or oil-cloth, still another ten. Add to these the weight of the haversack, in which not only provisions but under-clothing and many other necessities were carried, and the total, on a fair estimate, was never less than thirty-six pounds, and often went a little beyond forty. A canteen full of water weighed at least three pounds…The three days' rations issued to the division on the 13th [September] included no meat, and were therefore the sooner exhausted. No clothing or shoes had been furnished it since it left Richmond, and in a month and a half of hard marching and harder fighting hundreds of the men had become ragged and barefooted, while lack of provisions forced them to subsist on green corn and green apples."

John Stevens of the 5th Texas:

"Now, remember this is about the 6th or 7th of September, and we have been out of Richmond a full month and we have on the same clothes: pants, jacket and shirt, nothing more…We also have some kind of head cover, either an old piece of a hat or an old cap and if we have not worn them out, we have some sort of footwear, in the shape of old army shoes, butt many of us are bare- footed."

"Frederick City, Maryland, September 13th, 1862.

I wish, my dearest Minnie, you could have witnessed the transit of the Rebel army through our streets a day or two ago. Their coming was unheralded by any pomp and pageant whatever. No bursts of martial music greeted your ear, no thundering sound of canon, no brilliant staff, no glittering cortege dashed through the streets, instead came three long dirty columns, that kept on in an unceasing flow. I could scarcely believe my eyes; was this body of men moving so smoothly along, with no order, their guns carried in every fashion, no two dressed alike, their officers hardly distinguishable from the privates -- were these, I asked myself in amazement, were these dirty, lank, ugly specimens of humanity, with shocks of hair sticking through the holes in their hats, and the dust thick on their dirty faces, the men that had coped and encountered successfully, and driven back again and again our splendid legions with their fine discipline, their martial show and colour, their solid battalions keeping such perfect time to the inspiring bands of music? I must confess, Minnie, that I felt humiliated at the thought that this horde of ragamuffins could set our grand army of the Union at defiance. Why it seems as if a single regiment of our gallant boys in blue could drive that dirty crew in the river without any trouble. And then, too, I wish you could see how they behaved -- a crowd of boys on a holiday don't seem happier. They are on the broad grin all the time. Oh! they are so dirty! I don't think the Potomac river could wash them clean; and ragged! -- there is not a scarecrow in the cornfields that would not scorn to exchange clothes with them; and so tattered! -- there isn't a decently dressed soldier in their whole army. I saw some strikingly handsome faces though; or, rather, they would have been so if they could have had a good scrubbing. They were very polite, I must confess, and always asked for a drink of water, or anything else, and never think of coming inside of a door without an invitation. many of them were bare footed. Indeed I felt sorry for the poor, misguided wretches, for some were limping along so painfully, trying hard to keep with their comrades. But I most stop. I send this by Robert, and hope it will reach you safely. Write to me as soon as the route is open.

– Kate."

A correspondent for Harpers Weekly commented on the appearance of the ANV:

“With the exception of their officers, there was little but homespun among them, light drab gray or butternut color, the gray predominating, although there were so many varieties of dress, half citizen, half military, that they could scarcely be said to have a uniform”

Sergeant Miles Vance Smith, Company D, 4th Texas:

"The dawn of the morning of the 17th is now at hand. Eighty thousand well-armed, well-fed, well-clad Yankees were approaching...to engage in battle array, 38,000 hungry, ragged and some of them barefooted Confederates. We were not yet prepared to receive them. We had just drawn some flour, made it into dough and was in the act of cooking it on ramrods and bark for our breakfast..."

Lt. Col. B.F. Carter, Commanding 4th Texas, Official Report of Sharpsburg - In referring to the men under his command:

"These men, too, were half-clad, many of them barefooted, and had only been half-fed for days before. The courage, constancy and patience of our men is beyond all praise."

W. R. Hamby, of the 4th Texas, writes of his observations and experiences at Sharpsburg:

"For the past several days, we had subsisted chiefly on apples and green corn. Many of us were barefooted and ragged, and all of us were foot sore, weary, and hungry."

Chaplain Davis of the 4th Texas:

"On the 26th inst. (September) learning that the army had moved back to within six miles of town (Winchester, VA), I went out and had the pleasure of of seeing those of my old regiment, that were left, after marching several hundred miles, and passing through the fire of six days, in battle. The men looked worn and tired. Their clothes were ragged, and many of their feet were bare; and in their coats, pants and hats, could be seen many marks of the bullet. They had many times performed long marches, and fought hard battles, without rations. The weather was warm and dry, and the dust had settled thick over their clothes."

Now those accounts above are mainly on the 4th Texas because they were fairly well documented in comparison to the rest of the ANV. In case anyone wants to say that only Hoods Brigade was this dirty/ragged and other divisions were cleaner I am posting a page directly from Mr. Arliskas's book that talks about the other divisions at Antietam/their ragged state as well. Hopefully this is enough to show everyone that the vast majority of the confederates really did fit the ragged description for the Maryland Campaign. Again thank you for reading and have a happy holiday. *NOTE your website is not allowing me to post the pdf version so i screenshotted the PDF in large and HD but when uploaded to this site it is not big enough to read. I attached them anyways I can email them to anyone who cant see it.15658661_1837949846464379_516087325_o.jpg15682465_1837949849797712_197971625_o.jpg

To add on were you were saying dirty confederates in your accounts here is just another example

Jacob Engelbrecht, a civilian wrote that "Many [Confederate soldiers] were barefooted and some had one shoe & one barefoot-they really looked "Ragged and tough." The first 8 or 10 thousand got a tolerable good supply of clothing and shoes and boots but the stores and shops were soon sold out." This forced many shops to close their doors. Many of the Confederate soldiers paid for these items using Confederate C-notes, which were worthless in Maryland.

D. Lewis Steiner, who was in Frederick during the Confederate occupation of the city noted: "At 4 o'clock this morning the Rebel army began to move from our town, Jackson's force taking the advance. The movement continued until 8 o'clock p.m. occupying 16 hours. The most liberal calculation could not give them more than 64,000 men. Over 3,000 negroes must be included in the number... They had arms, rifles, muskets, sabers, bowie-knives, dirks, etc. They were supplied, in many instances, with knapsacks, haversacks, canteens, etc., and they were manifestly an integral portion of the Southern Confederacy army. They were seen riding on horses and mules, driving wagons, riding on caissons, in ambulances, with the staff of generals and promiscuously mixed up with all the Rebel horde."

The above statement may be referring to the soldiers of General John B. Hood's Division, primarily the Texas Brigade. If you take into account the Spanish ethnic background of soldiers from Texas, plus add the dust of the long march to Frederick, and exposure to the elements of the sun, those factors may have given the writer an incorrect impression of those soldiers. In the distance a Texas soldier who has a dark complexion, and was dirty from the elements may be mistaken as being African-American. Keep in mind that many African-Americans in the Confederate army were drivers, cooks, and servants, and most likely unarmed. Several people of Frederick could not believe the condition of the Texans. One elderly individual looked upon a Texan soldier and simply said "Lord bless your Dirty, ragged souls."

On September 14th, 1862, the Battle of South Mountain would erupt. During the battle, George Fahm, a Georgia soldier who fought at Fox’s Gap, describes the condition of his uniform after the Maryland Campaign. Sergeant Fahm later wrote "the flag, flag-staff, clothing, cap and blanket of the color bearer (myself) showed thirty-two bullet holes, and yet most strangely to relate, I did not receive a scratch in that battle. Surely God was with me in that fearful struggle." He was the sole survivor of Company E of the 50th Georgia that crossed the Potomac River with sixty-five men. Sixty of that number was wounded or killed within twenty minutes at Fox’s Gap and five others were killed at Antietam. He was later promoted to Lieutenant.

The next day, further to the south at Harper’s Ferry, the guns fell silent and the siege was over. Jed Hotchkiss, Stonewall Jackson’s famous mapmaker recalled the condition of those Confederate soldiers. "Our soldiers are as Dirty as the ground itself and nearly the same color. The enemy looked at them in amazement." During the Confederate occupation of Harper’s Ferry, the stores containing weapons, cloth and equipment were taken. As orders came for the Confederate concentration of Sharpsburg, General A.P. Hill’s Division was left behind to parole the captured Union soldiers. They would arrive on the Antietam Battlefield late in the afternoon of September 17th, many of them wearing Union blue uniforms taken at Harper’s Ferry.

The Confederate Soldier during the 1862 Maryland Campaign by
    John Miller
    Emmitsburg Area Historical Society
    Last edited by RhettVito; 12-24-2016 at 12:22 AM.

To make it short:

People can add dirt and maybe holes in the character editor. If someone or a company would like to stay in clean and new uniforms, they are free to do so.
    Last edited by Hinkel; 12-24-2016 at 06:42 AM.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    To make it short:

People can add dirt and maybe holes in the character editor. If someone or a company would like to stay in clean and new uniforms, they are free to do so.
    This just made myself and the 1st Texas very happy now that we can live up to the name ''Ragged First''.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    To make it short:

This is awesome thanks for the info!!

I'm looking forward to seeing this!